Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Need Help ASAP! Car wont start!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
you paid only 100 for 17 miles.... I paid 200 for a 19 miles tow on a flat bed
[QUOTE=01SOMSS!;9362040]sure. I'll just get it towedf to CMS. I just payed 100.00 for towing it 17 mi on a flat bed. My road side ***. covered half of it. I'm going to try and doing the vats bypass with the resistor.
http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61262&page=2[/
QUOTE]

THIS IS WHY U HAVE AAA...Then u dont have to worry about this 100miles free towing 3 times a year plus other benefits

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
Vehicle Description: 2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula 5.7L

Mileage: 28660

Customer Concern:
Intermittent no start and no spark or injector pulse. No communication with the scanner or Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Key On Engine Off (KOEO). Reference voltage to the Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) and Crankshaft Position (CKP) intermittently drops to about 8.4 volts. Intermittently dropping voltage to 8.5 volts at the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Blue connector, Pink wire, pin 19.

Tests/Procedures:
1. When the problem happens check B+ at the PCM IGN fuse in the lower underhood fuse block.

2. Check the fuse for a poor connection.

3. If dropping voltage at the fuse recheck at the ignition switch back probed at pin C.

Potential Causes:
Connection
Wire
Ignition switch

** Confirmed Fix **
Ignition switch

Diagnostic Codes:
None

User Comments:

None

Category:

Engine Performance
Check Engine Light (MIL)
Ignition System Diagnosis
Scan Tool/ECU Communication
2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS 5.7L

Mileage: 27000

Customer Concern:
No start, no spark. No voltage on the Pink wire to the coils. No voltage to the injector 1 and injector 2 fuses.

Tests/Procedures:
1. Check for engine RPM in scan data while cranking.

2. Check for fuel injector pulse when cranking.

3. Check voltage level to the ignition coils, Pink wire, while cranking. Should be over 10v while cranking.

4. Replace the ignition relay in the underhood fuse block.

Potential Causes:
** Confirmed Fix **
Ignition relay, underhood fuse block

Diagnostic Codes:
None

User Comments:

Close Comment(s)

Category:

Engine Performance
Starting
2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula 5.7L

Mileage: 55568

Customer Concern:
Intermittently, the engine will not crank over.

Tests/Procedures:
1. Check the resistance of the key pellet and document it.
2. Disconnect the key cylinder wiring at the base of the column and install an ohmmeter across the terminals on the steering column side of the connector.

3. Insert the key and check for the same resistance value as documented in the previous key test. If the resistance values do no match, there is a problem in the key cylinder or the wiring running through the steering column.

Potential Causes:
** Confirmed Fix **
Key cylinder and related wiring in the column.

Tech Tips:
It is important to rotate the key to crank when checking the resistance at the base of the column. The key cylinder wiring is easily identified by 2 small gauge wires often enclosed in an Orange sheath. The resistance value measured at the base of the column, when the key is installed into the key cylinder, should match the key pellet value.

Diagnostic Codes:
None

User Comments:

Close Comment(s)

Category:

Chassis Electrical
Security/Anti-Theft
Starting and Charging
Cranking
here you go whats grip

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 5.7L

Mileage: 37000

Customer Concern:
The engine will not start. There is a code B2723 stored in the Body Control Module (BCM) for an ignition lock cylinder circuit problem.

Tests/Procedures:
1. Check for a erratic signal on the ignition lock cylinder circuit.

Potential Causes:
Ignition lock cylinder

Diagnostic Codes:
None

User Comments:

None

Category:

Chassis Electrical
Security/Anti-Theft

Yah thats pretty much exactly what i listed but in TSB form
Old 05-14-2008, 06:49 PM
11 Second Club

yeah i saw, just maybe thought the more the merrier, couldnt help thats for sure,
Old 05-14-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

you paid only 100 for 17 miles.... I paid 200 for a 19 miles tow on a flat bed
cuz u own a z06 they know u have $$$
Old 05-14-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

check the gauge fuse ,if the gauge fuse is blown your car wont start ! it happenend to luis_ws6 a while back thats **** drove me crazy trying to figuer that out ! everything still worked but it wouldnt turn over , we were able to start it by poping the clutch but not by turning the key !
Old 05-14-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

well it turned out to be the key celindar sensor. UI went to the stealership. I had no choice I tried everything even the bypass and nothing. I even bought a new key. They said the key cylindar has 2 wires that ussually brakes on these cars. I:ts goingf to cost about 300.00

thanks to all.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

SOM of a bitch, wow
Old 05-15-2008, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

As you probably noticed in the In-N-Out meet, Im half retarded. So what does FOB mean?
well not sure what F.O.B. stands for, but I was referring to the "clicker" or the keyless entry remote.

FOB = Fresh Over the Boarder or Fresh Off the Boat, but not in this case.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
well it turned out to be the key celindar sensor. UI went to the stealership. I had no choice I tried everything even the bypass and nothing. I even bought a new key. They said the key cylindar has 2 wires that ussually brakes on these cars. I:ts goingf to cost about 300.00

thanks to all.
Exact same thing happened to me a couple years ago.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks to all.
I had to do the same **** 1 year ago. It was 380$ with a new key and a tumbler done at Felix Chevrolet...

To keep me from getting stuck stranded on the side of the road Rob@SP showed me how to get past the security system and start the car from under the hood. It saved me alot of time and allowed me to not have to worry about waiting for the goddamn security system to let me start my car.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by james562
I had to do the same **** 1 year ago. It was 380$ with a new key and a tumbler done at Felix Chevrolet...

To keep me from getting stuck stranded on the side of the road Rob@SP showed me how to get past the security system and start the car from under the hood. It saved me allot of time and allowed me to not have to worry about waiting for the goddamn security system to let me start my car.
yeah, well I just picked up my ride from weshelow(SP?) Chevrolet. Lets just say I had to pucker up my ******* and took it like a man. I left with a bloody underwear they screwed me pretty bad. 450.00 for a new key and cylinder.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, well I just picked up my ride from weshelow(SP?) Chevrolet. Lets just say I had to pucker up my ******* and took it like a man. I left with a bloody underwear they screwed me pretty bad. 450.00 for a new key and cylinder.
Yea it's a screwed up deal but you gotta do what you gotta do...
Old 05-16-2008, 01:59 AM
On The Tree

i bet you its your battery, buy one at costco!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSMOKIN_Y2KSS
ur battery is dead...#1

u need to clean the resister and lock cylinder....#2

if ur alarm system is aftermarket.check your wiring or pull fuse and it will disable it...gotta love those aftermarket alarm systems#3

go buy a techII and hook it up so it can read your vats system and ur bcm to give u correct problem#4

the steering columns in the f bodys have several issues with wiring expecially the stupid wiper and blinker controller o yah and the stupid tilt ***** with everything and doesnt hold properly. under enough stress on a hard pull to the left it can colapse.lmao..anyways what i meant to say is u may have pinched an ignition wire #5

bad ignition relay#6

bad starter relay#7

bad Starter from low voltage starts from ur already existing low amperage battery#8

and many more..these are the more common issues with 15A if u would have picked up the phone when i called u back u would have had sumwhere to start at least..

also this is why us f body owners need to have a "working dd" cause using ur 7-15yr old f body as ur dd is just asking for problems let alone a waste of gas money.

if u want u can disconnect your battery and touch the positive and negative wires together for a few minutes and you will have a stock ecu at that point. ALTHOUGH FOR YOU I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SINCE IT WILL DELETE YOUR TUNE! just a train of thought
HEHE i suppose it was #5 than..cant tell u how many times i saw that one happen..

yeah i saw, just maybe thought the more the merrier, couldnt help thats for sure,
haha yah thats true

Ouch
Old 05-16-2008, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

Sorry to hear that, like us all we'd be much happier putt'n that $$$ into mods.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

this is starting to scare me... $450 to fix a problem that shouldnt happen how much was the tow to the dealership?
Old 05-16-2008, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

you listen to your music for an hour then wonder why your car wont start? Its your battery, put a charger on it for a few hours and i guarantee you it will start right up.

Quick Reply: Need Help ASAP! Car wont start!