Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Just Got Back From Strictly Performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A definition of LS1Tech is- a place where we can go to simply to find out a)information about how to upgrade our car, b)optional places to go upgrade our car at, and c)create a network with others that share the same interest etc. Without the plethora of threads on this site about good experiences and bad experiences at any shop, I would not have been able to make a fully informed decision the second time around.

The truth is that a business owner will never go through time with 100% satisfaction from 100% of their customers. I am an example of that. For some reason a good amount of people enjoy going to RPM Motors yet my experience there was not so good to say the least; and as business goes, and life for that matter, I'm sure I won't be the final customer to leave there upset.

I did wait a couple of months actually to post anything about RPM because I wanted to make sure that I had no more negative feelings regarding that experience. It sucked but life goes on; and as a member of this forum I find it my duty to express an unbiased account of the events that unfolded.

Charlie... earlier you stated "I didn’t tamper with your car in any way cause a defect. And, continuing to state this will bring you and anyone involved to full measure of the system. I simply won’t stand to be defamed and will pursue this to all ends." I am not defaming you in any way... if sharing my experience at your shop (which is a normal thing on this forum) is pushing you to make threats then you are way out of hand. Relax, take a breather and really just move on with your life and work on the cars you have now. This thread is again.. an unbiased perception of the events that unraveled. Really you and your shop are not that high up on the ladder of things that are of concern in my life... I simply posted this again for others to see, yet you continue to attack me and someone I care about on a personal level. I apologize that the one conversation you had with my boyfriend alone...led to him becoming the root of all your troubles regarding my own vehicle.

To have arguements over cars online is one thing, but to slam me as a liar and say that my reaction to your cussing me out was "scary" is ridiculous and out of proportion. There is no need for you to attack me personally when I have done nothing of the sort. As for you stating that I am the one who told you off... that would be an interesting thing to do counting that I was at work when you told me off, and 2 of my co-workers heard you on speaker. I could go on and on with you on this forum but frankly I have better things to do with my time. This does not have to go any further... just let it go. For some reason you have issues with me personally when others don't but okay so what... not everyone in life is going to like you and that's ok because I don't personally like you either... so let's agree to disagree. The end.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:20 AM
TECH Regular

So much for the "Customer is always right" ...

Talk about a cat fight..

To the OP - Nice #'s and car !!

BTW... For what its worth. If i spent that much money and/or the mods that DRAKE02 has, I think i'd want to know what the hell was going on with my car also. And also would want it back in a timely fashion. And would expect to receive the car as how it went in if not better. Thats called being PROFESSIONAL. If you cant hold up to that, then maybe you should close your doors and find a different hobby.. My .2

Edit(I have spent that much money, but i did the work myself)
Old 05-19-2008, 01:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
ok fine rob.... i might have been childish........ but how childish is your employee (suckmyss or whatever) trolling my threads? and knocking my shop with wise *** remarks every chance he gets...... sorry i am taking your business so bad that you need to resort to pathetic tactics of sending your troll employees after me on the board. i never said anything about you Rob........ i didnt discredit the fact that you might have done great work.. i was just defending Charlie and i am entitled to do that. if you have a issue with that, you can tell me to my face at la invasion that i am childish.
ohhhh snappppp...i might have to ditch work to see this sh%&...im telling u boys...im bringing the cameras...
Old 05-19-2008, 01:53 AM
On The Tree

Before me going to rpm I spent months searching for a good shop to go when I got my C6..my buddie chris with a Z06 told me about charlie so searched for chalie on the corvette forums..and I decided to take my car there..charlie has been a sponser on the vette forum for a long time and I have not seen 1 negative feedback from him I gurantee he won't let your car leave his shop without running 10000% good.....
Old 05-19-2008, 02:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
ohhhh snappppp...i might have to ditch work to see this sh%&...im telling u boys...im bringing the cameras...
im taking my camara and getting there early should i take some boxin gloves
Old 05-19-2008, 02:40 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
ok fine rob.... i might have been childish........ but how childish is your employee (suckmyss or whatever) trolling my threads? and knocking my shop with wise *** remarks every chance he gets...... sorry i am taking your business so bad that you need to resort to pathetic tactics of sending your troll employees after me on the board. i never said anything about you Rob........ i didnt discredit the fact that you might have done great work.. i was just defending Charlie and i am entitled to do that. if you have a issue with that, you can tell me to my face at la invasion that i am childish.
so it has finally come to this...

first off, any comments i make are my explicit opinions, not of Strictly Performance Motorsports....not once has Rob ever told me to discredit your shop..so the "pathetic tactics" you speak of, have absolutley no valor...dont get all butthurt cuz i made one comment in your thread that you didnt like...did the car not have oil on it? was the oil not left there ? did a customer not take a picture of the car and post it online for the owner to see? yeah exactly...

now speaking of trolling, tell me why i have heard from multiple customers of yours how you tell them Rob doesnt know what hes doing when it comes to tuning, and how much better of a tuner you are than him..then you come online and say youve never said anything bad about Rob...face facts...your a two faced little punk...

ill also be at the invasion...so if you have absolutely ANY problems with anything i have said...id be glad to say it to your face.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:40 AM
TECH Addict

Old 05-19-2008, 04:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD

im not missing invasion for nothing lol
Old 05-19-2008, 05:00 AM
On The Tree

This is too bad....
Old 05-19-2008, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where's the sign-in sheet for LA Invasion again?
Old 05-19-2008, 09:27 AM
10 Second Club

Wow, is la invasion a boxing match or a racing event
Old 05-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SVTBAIT
Before me going to rpm I spent months searching for a good shop to go when I got my C6..my buddie chris with a Z06 told me about charlie so searched for chalie on the corvette forums..and I decided to take my car there..charlie has been a sponser on the vette forum for a long time and I have not seen 1 negative feedback from him I gurantee he won't let your car leave his shop without running 10000% good.....
Well I am happy for you...you had a great experience. As I stated earlier, there's no business that is ever going to have 100% of it's clientele leave 100% happy. Congratulations for having a great time there and hopefully that continues. I'm not here to speak for anyone else, simply to state what happened during my own experience. It is a fact that my car had to be towed to Strictly half way there because it was not driveable- I have nothing to gain from making stuff up and neither do others who already posted the same about my car's condition after leaving RPM. Whatever you take from this thread is your perogative.

This thread is getting crazy people! Someone (me) had a bad time at RPM Motors ok... so what... read it, take what you want from it, but there's no reason or purpose to begin other feuds or crap on here over it. So quit with the senseless conspiracy theories about other shops, there's nothing to gain from this.

Last edited by Drake02; 05-19-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:31 AM
10 Second Club

I have never heard rob say anything bad about ryne @ cms.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Launching!

im sure if the person in the original post would have just spoken to charlie at rpm in a grown up professional way there would not be this issue. its all in how u talk to people. i sure as hell wouldnt work on a car that someone disrespected me with. kinda like ordering food at a restaurant where u yell at the waiter i mean come on.

as for the whole shop feud i think that would be a great episode on PINKS
maybe a thought.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

wow...this **** keeps getting better and better

anxiously waiting for a response ....
Old 05-19-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

It also reads that the bad experience was caused/contributed by an over-zealous boyfriend who speaks with a forked tongue. Tells the lady one thing, does another. That right there is the difference b/w the stories.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
It also reads that the bad experience was caused/contributed by an over-zealous boyfriend who speaks with a forked tongue. Tells the lady one thing, does another. That right there is the difference b/w the stories.

yup thats where the issue was born
Old 05-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Ok so having an issue with someone that does not own the car is reason enough to not complete a service. This over-zealous boyfriend only spoke to RPM once without me present to ask after a week's time if the car would be ready. The insults that this man has made against me, my father and the boyfriend that he blames all his life's problems on are not justifiable by any means. This is my point... he never once apologized for ill treatment of me or for causing damage to my car for which there is proof. Please do not continue to feed into his propaganda that he has created about some maniacal boyfriend who was only ever present when I was around, and only then was present because he was kind enough to drive me out to Santa Clarita. It's been 2 months since this issue occured.. you would think that this loser boyfriend would be some scum bag too much of a scum bag to be a Sheriff's Deputy. His treatment of me and the behavior that he has exhibited in this thread is not to be condoned. Thank you so much for your support in this matter of which you truly know nothing about.

Originally Posted by gangbang malloy
yup thats where the issue was born

As stated above, the issue was born with the insults of Charlie against me. I gave him an opportunity to explain his hatred of my boyfriend, to which he only spoke to once on the phone, and all I got back was a mouthful of cuss words. I was more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe, that although still unprofessional and inexcusable, he was just having a bad day. He then proceeded to walk to my boyfriend's car (in which he was seated waiting for me when we went to retrieve my car) and tell him that he would call the cops on him... I told Charlie then, in order to avert a confrontation that he was seeking with my boyfriend, that I didn't know what was wrong with his head or what he held against my boyfriend but all I wanted or cared about was getting my car back and never having to see his face again. I never once cussed this man out because I knew that if some day it came down to what is happening now... it would bite me in the ***. I respected this man and contrary to his accounts so did my over-zealous boyfriend who did nothing but serve as a taxi for me. This boyfriend hasn't gone away and I still am modding my car so obviously, if these complaints about me stood any ground then I would have been kicked out of Strictly Performance a long time ago.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SUCK MY SS
so it has finally come to this...

first off, any comments i make are my explicit opinions, not of Strictly Performance Motorsports....not once has Rob ever told me to discredit your shop..so the "pathetic tactics" you speak of, have absolutley no valor...dont get all butthurt cuz i made one comment in your thread that you didnt like...did the car not have oil on it? was the oil not left there ? did a customer not take a picture of the car and post it online for the owner to see? yeah exactly...

now speaking of trolling, tell me why i have heard from multiple customers of yours how you tell them Rob doesnt know what hes doing when it comes to tuning, and how much better of a tuner you are than him..then you come online and say youve never said anything bad about Rob...face facts...your a two faced little punk...

ill also be at the invasion...so if you have absolutely ANY problems with anything i have said...id be glad to say it to your face.
alright first and formost please tell me who is saying that i talk down about rob's tuning? please enlighten me? i have told customers that i dont want to say anything about rob, even when they come in complaining about robs tuning, with it knocking, or have broken ring lands because the car had 35 degree of timing from 2200+ in the timing table at WOT, because i dont want to get into that kind argument with rob. i am a two faced little punk? have you ever met me? i bet you wouldnt say that to my face. so please walk up to me and say and please you will make my day, and put a very big smile on my face.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD

lmao! funny ****

Quick Reply: Just Got Back From Strictly Performance