Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Just Got Back From Strictly Performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lt1 hawk
Looks like "LA Invasion" is really going to turn into "LS1Tech Celebrity Death Match"...
haha

Dont forget anything guys:

-driver's license
-helmet
-tools
-mouthpiece
-nitrous bottles
-jack
-attorney's business card
Old 05-19-2008, 04:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously they should just rent an inflatable boxing ring and bring some gloves so everyone can get their aggression out
Old 05-19-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Questsi
Let's not get involved in any extra curricular activities on Monday. We are all attending this to have a good time. Settle any "beefs" on the dragstrip.
relax mom.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by C_Williams
I had several calls and decided to take time and post my experience with the owner/sidekick that started this thread.

Background

This car appeared on the recommendation from another customer. However, I doubt that my customer had any knowledge of the maturity level of the owner and the ego of her sidekick.

In all dealings the sidekick did the talking ( the owner giggles alot) and he made the decisions on the mods. He always went with his knowledge gained from his Ford.

What his knowledge brought to the table meant that things like a ported TB were a huge #1 priority - before anything else - and when discussing headers he insisted on “new motor mounts” because that's what the Ford guys do.

My Involvement

My first and only work on her car was to talk the sidekick out of wasting her money on the "must have ported tb".

So, instead of taking her money to port the TB, I eventually convinced the boyfriend to let me do a street tune when I offered a guarantee - "if the street tuning isn't a significant gain, then no charge and I'll port the TB free"

The street tune was an overwhelming success I guess because I didn't have to port the TB for free and they came back twice more for more work.

Second time dealing with them was on a set of gears. Sidekick asks for the pricing and I hooked them up with ABE, one of the best. However, the gear shop owner said that because the car wasn’t done exactly at 5PM, the sidekick boyfriend gave him enough of an attitude the gear shop owner told me “please, don’t refer anymore customers like them to me”.

Last was the headers and though I wanted to do the work, their “true dual” installation was not going to co-operate easily with cat placement. So, after having the car in the shop for 5 days, the boyfriend gave me the biggest bullshit attitude I’ve heard from a customer in a long time. My response was simple, come get the car. No charge, no work, come get it.

The Plot Thickens

Boyfriend didn't like being told to go away so he threatened me and told me the "law" would be at my doorstep. I was shaking. Girlfriend calls, acts dumb as if she was just calling for an update, and when confronted she immediately goes to ballistic mode. Doesn't matter to me - I tell her as well to come get the car.

Ah, the best for last as the call from the "law" arrives - it's none other than her father - and he introduces himself as
“Inspector xxxx” admonishing me for being rude. Of course I believe he's a cop as much as I believe in UFO’s and after this final silliness I had a complete insight into the maturity level of these two “customers”

Epilogue

To end the story – they showed up within an hour, we buttoned the car back up to the way it was delivered – they signed the work order and took the car.

Good luck to anyone dealing with this duo and be safe – there are such things as “bad customers”.

Final tally - I earned $125 for the street tune and find myself defamed by a couple buffoons. Welcome to the internet, I say.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
Seriously they should just rent an inflatable boxing ring and bring some gloves so everyone can get their aggression out
Screw boxing gloves, its all about the 4 ouncers and and some well placed knees to the face!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cage Match F T W!!! Barbed Wire on a 2X4
Old 05-19-2008, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6

is this the overzealous boyfriend?
yup thats the over-zealous MUSTANG driving boyfriend who according to charlie was deciding how her LS1 should be modded
Old 05-19-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike @ CMS
Screw boxing gloves, its all about the 4 ouncers and and some well placed knees to the face!!!
lol, good luck with the knees though you might end up on your back if you dont know what the hell you are doing.

someone better record this **** if anything goes down.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 180ls1
lol, good luck with the knees though you might end up on your back if you dont know what the hell you are doing.

someone better record this **** if anything goes down.
Muay Thai F.T.W.!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Assassin66
yup thats the over-zealous MUSTANG driving boyfriend who according to charlie was deciding how her LS1 should be modded
Didn't we both meet you at Bob's Big Boy? Funny how you didn't have the nerve to say this **** to his face. Why are you and your Charlie supporting cronies that know nothing about what happened, other than by 7th person accounts or reading partially through the thread, bagging on someone you don't even know? There are also a couple of descrepencies here... he drives a Cobra not a Mustang and if you have read my sig then you would see that my mods were not decided on by someone who knows nothing about my car. Rob at Strictly gave me advice on my mods, which I took every step of the way. Beyond this .... why is anyone going around posting spy pictures... zoomed in shots from Irvine Spectrum. Really grow up and get a life people... there is more things I hope you have to worry about in your own life than my supposed over-zealous relationship.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Drake02
There are also a couple of descrepencies here... he drives a Cobra not a Mustang
ummm i dont mean to bust you or your boyfriend elitist bubble but a cobra IS a MUSTANG.

unless he drives an AC Cobra then i am wrong.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by eappwr
Wow you must have missed the rest of the thread where I made an agreement with Charlie to disagree on this thread. Why are you commenting on something that you know nothing about other than from Ryne... oh that's right because your car is currently under the knife at Cunningham Motorsports (I read your ad).
Old 05-19-2008, 07:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Didn't we both meet you at Bob's Big Boy? Funny how you didn't have the nerve to say this **** to his face. Why are you and your Charlie supporting cronies that know nothing about what happened, other than by 7th person accounts or reading partially through the thread, bagging on someone you don't even know? There are also a couple of descrepencies here... he drives a Cobra not a Mustang and if you have read my sig then you would see that my mods were not decided on by someone who knows nothing about my car. Rob at Strictly gave me advice on my mods, which I took every step of the way. Beyond this .... why is anyone going around posting spy pictures... zoomed in shots from Irvine Spectrum. Really grow up and get a life people... there is more things I hope you have to worry about in your own life than my supposed over-zealous relationship.
im sorry but a cobra in my book is still a mustang but other then that. . high five. . so is he sad u have a faster car then he does??? rob knows something bout cars???
Old 05-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Launching!

cool car for a chick
Old 05-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Launching!

so then an SS is not a camaro?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

But they don't call it a mustang and it doesn't say mustang on it, no pony no nothing. It all says cobra and has the snake emblems...food for thought....
Old 05-19-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Regular

a dumdumdumdumdum is still a neon. there is nothing neon on the car. not even in the owns manual, but its still a neon. and thats comming from a dumdumdumdumdum exowner
Old 05-19-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't posted anything for awhile but I feel now that I should because both Rob and Shant are personal friends of mine and I PERSONALLY don't agree with online trash talking. Look, the owner of the Yellow convert T/A is a great girl and her BF never treated me or anyone else here at Stricly with any form of disrespect. Its her car and She, much like anyone else is entiteled to their personal opinion about the work performend on THEIR car. They were not happy with the work done by RPM so they brought it here and now their happy., Problem solved, END OF STORY and She just wanted to share her experience!

NOW ,... To Ryne. I have never once met you or been to your shop therefore I have never spoke poorly about you or your shop. Out of sheer respect and industry profesionalism, I never will either. BUT I will honestly say that I don't agree with your particular form of tact in this matter. I will say this in addition though. I don't want to see a fistfight at LA Invasion and I eurge you and your acquaintences NOT to provoke an insodent because the last thing I want is to see is people from your camp needing to run to the hospital. Last time you and I spoke we had a pleasant conversation via PM and I hold no malice or ill will towards you, your shop and your crew. Hopefully we can resolve this misunderstanding in person and peacefully.

-The 'Milk Man'
Old 05-19-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

i met both drake and her bf,and they both seem like cool people
Old 05-19-2008, 08:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
I haven't posted anything for awhile but I feel now that I should because both Rob and Shant are personal friends of mine and I PERSONALLY don't agree with online trash talking. Look, the owner of the Yellow convert T/A is a great girl and her BF never treated me or anyone else here at Stricly with any form of disrespect. Its her car and She, much like anyone else is entiteled to their personal opinion about the work performend on THEIR car. They were not happy with the work done by RPM so they brought it here and now their happy., Problem solved, END OF STORY and She just wanted to share her experience!

NOW ,... To Ryne. I have never once met you or been to your shop therefore I have never spoke poorly about you or your shop. Out of sheer respect and industry profesionalism, I never will either. BUT I will honestly say that I don't agree with your particular form of tact in this matter. I will say this in addition though. I don't want to see a fistfight at LA Invasion and I eurge you and your acquaintences NOT to provoke an insodent because the last thing I want is to see is people from your camp needing to run to the hospital. Last time you and I spoke we had a pleasant conversation via PM and I hold no malice or ill will towards you, your shop and your crew. Hopefully we can resolve this misunderstanding in person and peacefully.

-The 'Milk Man'
first of all i never once said anything about strictly's work in this thread, i was simply defending charlie's side, but you guys went attacked me calling my childish, that is your opinion and you are entitled to that, but i am also entitled to defend myself from you guys.

and as far as any of you guys putting any of us in the hospital, obviously you have never met me.........

Quick Reply: Just Got Back From Strictly Performance