Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

what to do about horrible gas mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
i think sea foaming the car made your gas millage worse, fouled your plugs, gummed up your injectors and possibly dried up in flakes sitting on the back of every intake valve, using sea foam was a bad idea
dude seafoam is ****** amazing! if i could i would install an automatic seamfoam injection in my car! and i have done it with new spark plugs it did no harm and only cleaned the motor!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) Buy a Kia.

2) Get a diesel car/truck and use vegetable oil to run it.

3) Buy a Honda or option 1.

4) All of the above.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
I used it too. didnt cause harm, made **** better.

why you gotta hate luke? what would you use?
yeah didnt cause harm? no immediate damage, but no sceintific facts, tests or data has proved that **** to improve anything
Originally Posted by ae13291
dude seafoam is ****** amazing! if i could i would install an automatic seamfoam injection in my car! and i have done it with new spark plugs it did no harm and only cleaned the motor!
cleaned the motor? did you shrink down, climb up thru the exhaust and take before and after samples? the only thing that **** does is burn and look like its doing something but in fact its only causing smelly as steam, like i said nothing has proven that **** to cause any good, if you ask me the only thing that should go in a motor gas, oil and coolant.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:50 PM
12 Second Club

What about a GSXR600? Would that work vince? Really a Ninja 250 would be a good commuter
Old 06-16-2008, 11:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
1) Buy a Kia.

2) Get a diesel car/truck and use vegetable oil to run it.

3) Buy a Honda or option 1.

4) All of the above.
actually with all the maintenance in fuel system cleaning, fuel filter service intervals, the lack of heat generated by bio diesel = worse mpg, only a few stations around so cal carry it and it seems as of now the only benefit is the environmental benefit. not cost effective, or time effective, which time=________? come on say it with me, MONEY...
Old 06-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Banned

yeah didnt cause harm? no immediate damage, but no sceintific facts, tests or data has proved that **** to improve anything

cleaned the motor? did you shrink down, climb up thru the exhaust and take before and after samples? the only thing that **** does is burn and look like its doing something but in fact its only causing smelly as steam, like i said nothing has proven that **** to cause any good, if you ask me the only thing that should go in a motor gas, oil and coolant.
why you gotta bring me to tears man...... WTF DID I EVER DO TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry had 1 to many sodas
Old 06-16-2008, 11:55 PM
11 Second Club

why you gotta bring me to tears man...... WTF DID I EVER DO TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry had 1 to many sodas
dont mean to make you cry, i just dont want you guys spending money and wasting time pounding sand under the hoods of your cars.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Banned

dont mean to make you cry, i just dont want you guys spending money and wasting time pounding sand under the hoods of your cars.
thank you then sir, any type of fuel treatment that would help out or is it just a plain no no?
Old 06-16-2008, 11:59 PM
11 Second Club

here is my tip to improving gas mileage and spending less at the pump.

1.i over inflate my tires about 10psi what is recommended by the manufacturer.
2.drive like a grandma, like 65 on the freeway windows up at all times switching between the a/c and panel to minimize working the a/c.
3. when driving city i pretend my car is running out of gas, timing the lights as best as i can, like instead of accelerating to 65 just to stop and have to re start when the light flips green, i will go less than the speed limit or right at it, timing the lights so i can just cruise on thru town,

the most effective mpg improver will be the way you drive and how smart you are at going slow and being patient. sometimes like in traffic i just let the traffic go ahead and ill sit back and let my truck or car idle in 3rd giving myself enough cushion so i dont have to slow just sit back and cruise,
Old 06-17-2008, 12:02 AM
12 Second Club

DING DING DING!!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....... seriously though he is right
Old 06-17-2008, 12:03 AM
11 Second Club

thank you then sir, any type of fuel treatment that would help out or is it just a plain no no?
lots of old tymers back in the day before their was cats would slowly vacuum bleed atf thru ported vacuum until it started smoking, supposedly this actually cleaned since atf is an oil with lots of cleaning properties, i have never tried this and probably will never,

i have never used anything, and probably wont, all those bogus fuel additives and bs octane boosters that only raise your octane at best .7 or .8 meaning if you treat the lowest gallons described on the back of the bottle your octane will be approx 91.8 at best.

i think all those things are bs. maybe ill give seafoam a try on a work truck one of these days, but im convinced its a load of soapy water.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Banned

dude i freakin removed the spark plug b4 and after the seafoam because i thought it would foul the plugs as well, but it actually cleaned the plug better then it was b4. and if u say its jsut steam coming out, why would other cars make more steam then others?? and why would the steam decrease as u use it? if its just burning off the seafoam, it would continuassly make the same amount of steam reguardless!! that stuff has been used for like more then 40 years
Old 06-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Banned

O no.... i see an argument comming.

IM TAKING BETS!!!!!!!!! anyone??? I got 5:1 odds on the 17 year old
Old 06-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Banned

O no.... i see an argument comming.

IM TAKING BETS!!!!!!!!! anyone??? I got 5:1 odds on the 17 year old
hell yea baby!!! im street legal 18 now
Old 06-17-2008, 12:24 AM
Banned

hell yea baby!!! im street legal 18 now
SON OF A BITCH!!! when did this happen?
Old 06-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Banned

SON OF A BITCH!!! when did this happen?
june 4 was my b day and june 5th was my license suspension day! so now i got no i.d and not license for a month
Old 06-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Banned

june 4 was my b day and june 5th was my license suspension day! so now i got no i.d and not license for a month
hahahahha happy birthday man! no worries its almost july.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:30 AM
11 Second Club

dude i freakin removed the spark plug b4 and after the seafoam because i thought it would foul the plugs as well, but it actually cleaned the plug better then it was b4. and if u say its jsut steam coming out, why would other cars make more steam then others?? and why would the steam decrease as u use it? if its just burning off the seafoam, it would continuassly make the same amount of steam reguardless!! that stuff has been used for like more then 40 years
here is something for you to try, take out your dirty plugs, preferably when they are hot, like right after a long drive, take some soapy water and wash the plug down im sure you will get similar results.

as for some cars emitting more smoke then others, say for ex your neighbors honda civic and your camaro, well i hope that analogy make it obvious enough for the answer your looking for.

to get more complex some cars have higer comp ratios then others, creating hotter cylinder temps, which is return would create more smoke or steam, some really old cars with old cylinders rings and valves would have colder temperatures emitting less steam or a different color then other cars.

look id rather not waste time arguing whether or not pouring foreign **** down the throat of your engine is good for it or not
Old 06-17-2008, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

happy bday btw
Old 06-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Banned

here is something for you to try, take out your dirty plugs, preferably when they are hot, like right after a long drive, take some soapy water and wash the plug down im sure you will get similar results.

as for some cars emitting more smoke then others, say for ex your neighbors honda civic and your camaro, well i hope that analogy make it obvious enough for the answer your looking for.

to get more complex some cars have higer comp ratios then others, creating hotter cylinder temps, which is return would create more smoke or steam, some really old cars with old cylinders rings and valves would have colder temperatures emitting less steam or a different color then other cars.

look id rather not waste time arguing whether or not pouring foreign **** down the throat of your engine is good for it or not
so ok the seafoam is the soap and water in my cumbustion chamber cleaning everything like u said! i dont want to spread this any further then since everybody ahs there on opinion about a certain thing! and i have seen other LS1's make more smoke then mine.

Quick Reply: what to do about horrible gas mileage?