Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

New Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, GM will be happy to get MSRP. They are about 5 yrs. late to the game with a car that looks like patchwork.

If they followed Ford's game plan, they would have sold over 100k of these by now. If they followed Dodge's game plan, they would have a **** load of interest for an overpriced, overweight vehicle that sold out before it was launched.

Instead, they look like the fat ugly bitch showing up late for the party who is only going home with leftover cake.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:35 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^I really wish for once you would tell us how you really feel about something and not always pussyfoot around it...

I have to agree with you though...

I do like the way it looks though
Old 06-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SnakesRslow
god damnit before you go off getting all but hurt at least get your facts straight. The z28 was a ******* 302.. how do i know this? i dunno maybe we should ask Car craft magazine

"Way back in 1966, the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) began what it called the Trans-American Sedan Championship that was soon shortened to Trans-Am racing. The idea was to race domestic-built production sedans on a road course while limiting these cars to 5.0L, or 305 ci, of displacement."

or maybe we should ask howstuffworks.com
"Adding $458 to the $2,726 base price of a Camaro coupe, RPO Z28 included the F41 handling suspension with E70X15 raised-letter tires on seven-inch wide rims, quicker steering, and twin rally stripes. Front disc brakes were standard on the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, and for the first time, four-wheel discs were offered. They cost $500 and just 206 sets were delivered, about half going to full race cars.
The solid-lifter 302-cid V-8 with an 850-cfm four-barrel carburetor was again exclusive to the Z28. Dynomometer tests at close to 400 horsepower made a joke of its 290-horsepower rating. Dealer-installed dual four-barrel carburetor options were offered even in '67, and for '69, $500 bought twin 600-cfm Holleys on a cross-ram manifold, though at no change to the 290-horsepower rating. Chambered exhaust pipes -- perhaps the least-restrictive exhausts Chevy ever offered -- also were available."

**** it just read this page
http://musclecars.howstuffworks.com/...camaro-z28.htm

and who the **** said we were only discussing drag racing as being the standard as "fast"

So before i get off my high horse, please stop taking bull **** from uninformed people and restating it as fact
I knew this already.... hence Z28 faster.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
I knew this already.... hence Z28 faster.
ya i figured as much, i was just trying to prove a point to camaro junky
Old 06-20-2008, 02:03 AM
Banned

ya i figured as much, i was just trying to prove a point to camaro junky
I was gonna try and rip at him, cuz as soon as i saw he called it a 327 it was over. LOL but luke knows its all in good fun.

they would have never made it to the Trans Am racing with a 5.3 liter. Max was 5.0 so thats what GM built back then. I would have taken a Cortez Silver with black stripes Z28 over any SS camaro back then.

except for a yellow yenko ofcoarse
Old 06-20-2008, 02:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
^^I really wish for once you would tell us how you really feel about something and not always pussyfoot around it...

I have to agree with you though...

I do like the way it looks though
I tried to beat around the bush.... but I couldn't make it.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:40 AM
Banned

So you're saying you don't know your way around bush ???
Old 06-20-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

So you're saying you don't know your way around bush ???
Good one, touche. But I do have 4 kids, so I find it every now and then.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Good one, touche. But I do have 4 kids, so I find it every now and then.
Maybe all that beating around it some fell in

Last edited by 6LITEREATER; 06-21-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe all that beating around it some fell in
That reminds me of a joke I heard in a movie:

How does an Arabic woman get pregnant?
Her husband jacks off on the wall and let's the flies do the rest.

This is just a quote, I love all women, I am a not discriminatory in terms of race when it comes to poon, it's all pink on the inside.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Banned

Sounds familiar... What movie?
Old 06-23-2008, 01:05 AM
11 Second Club

god damnit before you go off getting all but hurt at least get your facts straight. The z28 was a ******* 302.. how do i know this? i dunno maybe we should ask Car craft magazine

"Way back in 1966, the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) began what it called the Trans-American Sedan Championship that was soon shortened to Trans-Am racing. The idea was to race domestic-built production sedans on a road course while limiting these cars to 5.0L, or 305 ci, of displacement."

or maybe we should ask howstuffworks.com
"Adding $458 to the $2,726 base price of a Camaro coupe, RPO Z28 included the F41 handling suspension with E70X15 raised-letter tires on seven-inch wide rims, quicker steering, and twin rally stripes. Front disc brakes were standard on the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, and for the first time, four-wheel discs were offered. They cost $500 and just 206 sets were delivered, about half going to full race cars.
The solid-lifter 302-cid V-8 with an 850-cfm four-barrel carburetor was again exclusive to the Z28. Dynomometer tests at close to 400 horsepower made a joke of its 290-horsepower rating. Dealer-installed dual four-barrel carburetor options were offered even in '67, and for '69, $500 bought twin 600-cfm Holleys on a cross-ram manifold, though at no change to the 290-horsepower rating. Chambered exhaust pipes -- perhaps the least-restrictive exhausts Chevy ever offered -- also were available."

**** it just read this page
http://musclecars.howstuffworks.com/...camaro-z28.htm

and who the **** said we were only discussing drag racing as being the standard as "fast"

So before i get off my high horse, please stop taking bull **** from uninformed people and restating it as fact

yeah, my mistake on stating the scca cars were 327's, my bad, but im just getting sick of hearing how the z28 was the faster car or the king of camaro's when in fact thats not true,

and as far as stating being fast doesn't just mean in a straight line, and your completely right, i don't know who said that i guess when we are talking hp #'s and weight, every camaro enthusiast is wondering how fast the thing will be down the strip, and going around turns second, but i guess with having irs its going to favor the corners,

i didn't mean to come off as a dick to you guys so i apologize,
Old 06-23-2008, 02:42 AM
Teching In

funny thing is, the new camaro could also be getting the 2.0 Turbo 4 Cyl.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
yeah, my mistake on stating the scca cars were 327's, my bad, but im just getting sick of hearing how the z28 was the faster car or the king of camaro's when in fact thats not true,

and as far as stating being fast doesn't just mean in a straight line, and your completely right, i don't know who said that i guess when we are talking hp #'s and weight, every camaro enthusiast is wondering how fast the thing will be down the strip, and going around turns second, but i guess with having irs its going to favor the corners,

i didn't mean to come off as a dick to you guys so i apologize,
the statement in bold is all opinion... a big block ss may have been choice for a drag racer, whereas the 302 z28 would have been the choice for a road racer. No one here is trying to bring down the ss models, just trying to say that they werent always the cream of the crop. And the fact of the matter is that i love having my 4th gen z28 even though i like the lines of the body panels of the ss, just seems like every meet ive ever been to its been like 4 ss's to every 1 z.

as far as weight vs rated hp, i just hate to see someone get lost in rated numbers which we all know in the 60's rated hp levels were all hogwash. I wish i could have lived back then just too see the muscle car wars but all i can do now is listen to real life stories from guys who actually were around back then
Old 06-23-2008, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds familiar... What movie?
The Pretty Persuasion.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Banned

The Pretty Persuasion.

Ahhh... I was thinking Babel...
Old 06-23-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ahhh... I was thinking Babel...
You racist ************.

You should have said Syriana.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Banned

You racist ************.

You should have said Syriana.
I was in that Second to the last scene is pretty much just me
Old 06-23-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was in that Second to the last scene is pretty much just me
No way! I'm gonna brake that out tonight.

Tell me the truth though... if the prince had been in your car, there is no way the missile would have caught him. Am I right, or am I right?

That's the greatest touche BTW.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Banned

^^Ha! Here's a pic of what to look for...

I'm "the emotional tie to Clooney's death" so said Soderberg (he was shooting second unit, reshot later with Gaghan actually, still ended up just being part of a montage )