Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Well I dropped the car off at CMS yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Well I dropped the car off at CMS yesterday...

I FINALLY got to drop the car off at CMS with nearly all the the parts in my sig. Felt freakin awesome! The wife and I drove down from fresno and it was so worth it. Ive been waiting to do this for 15 months! Cant wait to see the results!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice.....I saw your car there yesterday. (nice car)
Old 07-09-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw it as well... VERY NICE! I picked mine up yesterday

Ryne perfected the tune and it runs friggin GREAT now! Not that it didn't before... but even better now

Also the tranny feels so solid... it's got a nice notchy feel to it and everything about the car is now very enjoyable to drive...

cept the gas mileage of course
Old 07-09-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks fellas! I appreciate the compliments. But as we all know with our cars you almost have to try to look bad!
Soultkr was yours the white trans am with the CMS banner across the windshield? Beautiful car!
I just talked to mike and hes dropping my heads off to be milled to 59cc's. I cant wait to see what it drives like!
My wife drove down there with me in a ford escape, carrying the rear end. The best part was that I got better MPG's than she did. That and she didnt give me any hell about driving to san diego!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats awesome man. cant wait to see what #s ryne can squeeze out of that 224r cam.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Regular

I saw your car there when I picked my car up today....
I didnt get a chance to see Wes' car though
Oh wait, I did see it when i dropped off my car.

Anyone see my POS silver WS6
Old 07-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Launching!

i was thinkin about having ryne either do an engine swap with mine or just a H/C rebuild on my existing engine.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5

whats up with your car C
Old 07-09-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I talked to mike today and I wont hold him to it but he said that with the heads milled to 59cc's I should see in the neighborhood of 400rwhp. I know its hard to tell what a combo will make till its done and tuned but I have faith in these guys, thats why I drove all the way down there to have them do the work. But Im interested to see what itll do as well.....
Old 07-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5

Actually I did see your car there although it saddens me to see it. I am glad to see you doing some sweet mod's to it.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
I FINALLY got to drop the car off at CMS with nearly all the the parts in my sig. Felt freakin awesome! The wife and I drove down from fresno and it was so worth it. Ive been waiting to do this for 15 months! Cant wait to see the results!
Saw your car there today and Mike was pulling the heads out of the back. Sweet looking Z.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you! Probably off to have them milled!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

have them place a cutout in that magnaflow. I almost always have mine uncapped, your cats will quiet down the car enough. My magnaflow is too quiet, it sounds mean but it is just quiet maybe when i get an ory i will have to cap the cutout. And good luck on the mods install. When will it all be done?
Old 07-10-2008, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ill think about the cut out but half the reason I got the magnaflow is that its quieter than most. I love taking drives with the wife but with the current catback(flowmaster) I can hardly hold a conversation, so Im hoping to make it a little more mellow with the new magnaflow. although an electric cutout would be pretty cool..........The car will probably be done next week, I have to mail the schocks and springs to them when they arrive at my house so they can install them. I placed my order with Mr. Strano at the same time(like the day before) his mother became ill so my order went on the back burner, which is understandable. But Ill pick the car up next week, God willing, and then get the ttops done that weekend, 6LITEREATER willing.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

cool. I have a m6 also i can hold a perfect converasion with anyone as long as i am not on it. Make you post a dyno graph that will be interesting to see what it looks like.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:50 AM
TECH Junkie

you've got the same exact cam as me, and I had my heads milled to 59cc... you should definatly hit 400 rwhp. Especially with Ryne's tuning abilities... I still can't get over how well my car drives now after his fine tuning that he's done to it since i dropped it off last... the magnaflow is DEFINATLY one of the quieter exhausts... but the tone itself is really nice... MUCH nicer than I expected out of it... has the old muscle car sound that most people want. Your gonna love it and the wifey will too

man, if i wasn't driving back to AZ later today I'd let you listen to mine... seeing as the setups are somewhat similiar... i'm betting you'll like it VERY much!

oh... and for those who saw my DIRTY *** car sitting at CMS... this is what it looked like after I cleaned it yesterday

Old 07-10-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

soultkr Im assuming your running long tubes, and Im sure that makes a difference in power and sound, but how does that cam sound? Im hoping for a little bit of lope, but the way people talk about a 114 lsa Im kinda wishing I got a 110.
And by the way your 'dirty ***' trans am looked just fine! Beautiful car! Got any 1/4 times?
Old 07-10-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

you can still get lope you will just want your idle set pretty low and you do not want to drill a hole in your throttle body. But running through cats and a magnaflow will take a lot of that away.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya thats kinda what I figured. If there isnt any oh well, Im sure Ill still be happy with the cars performance!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Junkie

hell... mine sounds great... I think it lopes plenty. Yes I have LT's with ORY... and unlike 180ls1 said, i have my throttle body drilled. Between the great tune Ryne set my car up with and the supporting mods, the car sounds and runs fantastic! Maybe I can get my buddy to bring his camera over one day and we can get a sound clip.

Quick Reply: Well I dropped the car off at CMS yesterday...