Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Fastest car in the world...made in the U.S.!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008 | 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 180ls1
well it is a viper just like any other viper that you buy from the dealer then you take it to henessey and he tunes to his specs. The ssc is a hand built race car that is street legal. If you know what i am getting at.
I see what you are saying. But in the end, the Hennesey Viper is not a production car and the SSC Ultimate Aero is.
Old 07-18-2008 | 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I see what you are saying. But in the end, the Hennesey Viper is not a production car and the SSC Ultimate Aero is.
very true...i can't just go to a dodge dealer and pick up a hennesey viper of their lot. Hennesey is a complete different company which automatically nulls your production car claim homie.
Old 07-18-2008 | 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

I want one of those but i would have to sell my house and live in the car!!!!!!! I like the gas MPG it gets with full boost!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2008 | 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

if SSBC's brakes are good enough for that car, they're good enough for mine!
Old 07-18-2008 | 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Assassin66
very true...i can't just go to a dodge dealer and pick up a hennesey viper of their lot. Hennesey is a complete different company which automatically nulls your production car claim homie.
Think of it this way...they are a production company. Instead of metal and plastic body pieces, they went with all carbon fiber. Instead of a moderate, fuel efficient 4 or 6 cylinder engine...they bolted in a twin-turbo'd, billet machined, aluminum V-8 that only puts out a meager 1183 hp.
Old 07-18-2008 | 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

here is Clarkson being a sore losser.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iljg9ccUN3c
Old 07-18-2008 | 01:22 PM
Banned

did they say they used the C5R block?? does anybody know what motor is it?
Old 07-18-2008 | 01:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Assassin66
wow this car is extremely fkn insane!! i went ahead and looked up the Electric Vehicle that Jerod Shelby mentions in the video and turns out they are working on a 500hp electric motor...they are thinking about putting two of those in their new car and make it a 1000hp supercar. According to SSC you would charge the battery every couple of years. How sick is that?
could be nuclear powered?
Old 07-18-2008 | 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

If you go to JAY LENO'S GARAGE ......You can watch it full screen.
Old 07-18-2008 | 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Think of it this way...they are a production company. Instead of metal and plastic body pieces, they went with all carbon fiber. Instead of a moderate, fuel efficient 4 or 6 cylinder engine...they bolted in a twin-turbo'd, billet machined, aluminum V-8 that only puts out a meager 1183 hp.
i know what you mean...my comment was directed more towards 180ls1 than u
Old 07-18-2008 | 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ae13291
could be nuclear powered?
u mean cancer powered?
Old 07-18-2008 | 01:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rapter34
yeah you ever see the top gear where they anounce it? It is total BS clarkson does like a 2 min spot on it and than he bitches about how it looks like crap and still thinks the Veron is better.
I personally don't like the looks, look like they tried to molded a bunch of supercars together to make it look cool, and IMO failed. As for the veyron being better, it is. Look at all the luxuries you get along with that earth shattering performance. Nothing comes close to the bugatti in every way. Sure there are things faster, and yes there are more luxurious cars, hell even better styled cars. But when you mix the ridiculous performance of the car along with the amazing attention to detail and the luxury and prestige of the car, nothing comes close.
Old 07-18-2008 | 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
I personally don't like the looks, look like they tried to molded a bunch of supercars together to make it look cool, and IMO failed. As for the veyron being better, it is. Look at all the luxuries you get along with that earth shattering performance. Nothing comes close to the bugatti in every way. Sure there are things faster, and yes there are more luxurious cars, hell even better styled cars. But when you mix the ridiculous performance of the car along with the amazing attention to detail and the luxury and prestige of the car, nothing comes close.
Yea it doesn't look AS good as they could have made it, but then it wouldn't have the aerodynamics to give it an incredible top speed. I think they were pushing to sell it to that one rich guy who buys it an actually has the ***** to go 200+
Old 07-18-2008 | 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ae13291
did they say they used the C5R block?? does anybody know what motor is it?
They said they tested the C5R block, but they used a billet machined 387 for the production.

I do think that the Buggati does offer more than the Ultimate Aero does. But in my opinion, the Ultimate Aero looks much better than the Veyron. I find the Veyron pretty unattractive. I think the Aero's buyer pool is those looking for a pure sports car, no abs or tc. Same thing comes to mind when I think of the Ferrari F50. Nothing fancy, spartan like cockpit. Just pure speed.
Old 07-18-2008 | 02:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Rapter34
here is Clarkson being a sore losser.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iljg9ccUN3c

What a douche. I can't stand him.
Old 07-18-2008 | 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
What a douche. I can't stand him.
Because he tells the truth?
Old 07-18-2008 | 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Because he tells the truth?
No, I can't stand him because he's a douche.

He's just so anti American. No matter how great an American car is, he always has something negative to say about it.

If the roles were reversed and the Bugatti was American, and some European car company came out with the SSC, he's be ranting and raving on what a better bang for the buck it is.

Even his co-host was trying to get a positive word in, and he was making fun of the 70 yr old driver. That 70 yr old driver took that car to a higher speed than the Bugatti driver.
Old 07-18-2008 | 05:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
No, I can't stand him because he's a douche.

He's just so anti American. No matter how great an American car is, he always has something negative to say about it.

If the roles were reversed and the Bugatti was American, and some European car company came out with the SSC, he's be ranting and raving on what a better bang for the buck it is.

Even his co-host was trying to get a positive word in, and he was making fun of the 70 yr old driver. That 70 yr old driver took that car to a higher speed than the Bugatti driver.
You know he loves corvettes and loves ford GTs and even had one at one time right? He does that on TV because he gets paid to man, relax he is one funny *** ************ and a great host! My all time favorite show right there.
Old 07-18-2008 | 08:35 PM
Launching!

did i just hear jay leno say they went without a blow off valve so u can hear the wastegates?

if thats the case then wouldnt that hurt the engine if its still boosting through gears?
Old 07-18-2008 | 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

With 1183 hp, I would thing that the turbo's are being pushed pretty hard.