Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Ebay Procharger kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brandotron
I've been in similar situations buying guitar stuff online. I think you should just be straight with the guy and tell him, "hey, the internet is a dangerous place to do business. No offense, but I need to be sure this isn't a scam". If he flips out and takes offense, you probably would've gotten burned anyway. After all, if he's called so many other people to get rid of this thing, HE should be more than willing to jump through a few hoops.
Here was his response when I told him that the winning bidder got an e-mail from a guy that said he was scammed by that same seller 3 months ago. That is why the winning bidder backed out and I got the 2nd chance offer.

"Yea. It's an angry member that is mad about my listing and didn't like the conditions of the sale and thinks I'm a scammer. I've already filed a report with ebay and I'm sure this member will have his account suspended. Took everything way too personal and began arguing with me and now obviously has way too much time to try and ruin my transaction. I am very angry about this and am taking care of it. If you do not want it then I will be forced to relist the item. Thank you and let me know."
Old 07-31-2008, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 8tsixt
How about asking a member of ls1tech (New York area) to go and check it out for you for a small fee. I bet if he was a scammer he would think twice. It does sound fishy though.
Hmm. that's not a bad idea either if I knew someone in NY. I'm new here though and don't know anybody in NY. My luck I would stumble upon another scammer and still lose my money.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TRBOTYZ
If you do not want it then I will be forced to relist the item. Thank you and let me know."
Classic scumbag sales technique. he's increasing your sense of urgency so you'll hastily send the money.

...I don't know man, this sounds too fishy. i don't think I'd do it. keep us posted.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brandotron
Classic scumbag sales technique. he's increasing your sense of urgency so you'll hastily send the money.

...I don't know man, this sounds too fishy. i don't think I'd do it. keep us posted.
Yeah, I'm don't think I'm going to do it unless he changes his accepted methods of payment and provides shipping insurance.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent the winner of the auction an e-mail to ask them why they did not purchase it. Here is what they said and I THINK IT IS GOOD ADVICE.

From User: speedydog5 (74)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Oct-03-99 in United States
Activity with speedydog5 (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from speedydog5
Activity with speedydog5 (last 90 days): speedydog5 has bid on 0 of my items

Dear jedistang,

yes did not seem like a safe deal,
Old 07-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
I sent the winner of the auction an e-mail to ask them why they did not purchase it. Here is what they said and I THINK IT IS GOOD ADVICE.

From User: speedydog5 (74)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Oct-03-99 in United States
Activity with speedydog5 (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from speedydog5
Activity with speedydog5 (last 90 days): speedydog5 has bid on 0 of my items

Dear jedistang,

yes did not seem like a safe deal,

That's the same person that won the auction I'm referring to.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

I would not do it and if you do good luck is all I can say.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I'll hold off unless he wants to insure it and allow a safer method of payment.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Will don't don't do it! Save up a few more G's and get the APS turbo kit that is local. Or give me 2 grand and I'll gladly give you the stuff in my garage that's being used to hold down nothing and just collect dust.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I did e-mail the winning bidder and he said he got an e-mail from someone else that had a bad transaction with the seller 3 months ago. I am trying to get info from ebay about any bad reports but it is like pulling teeth.
Too many variables. This should close your dealings with him.

Keep in mind that if he has a bank account, he can still accept a Paypal payment for this item even if it's not linked to his own eBay account. ****, he could send you a bill for the item.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:18 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

don't do it..I buy & sell all the time..Plus he is shipping it for free, that could be a clue there too...
Old 07-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Braunbeck
Will don't don't do it! Save up a few more G's and get the APS turbo kit that is local. Or give me 2 grand and I'll gladly give you the stuff in my garage that's being used to hold down nothing and just collect dust.
Sounds like a deal.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:58 PM
Teching In

What is the MOST guaranteed way to do it? If he is the original owner of the kit would I be able to verify that with Procharger because of the serial number?

Here is the latest from him:

"I did not specify the shipping insurance thing at all. That must of been an automatic thing that is added or gets defaulted to that option. Only thing I did with shipping was offer free shipping. The additional Bill of Sale is a more secure bill of sale. It would have my license photo copied on it, as well as my signature. It makes it more secure for you. It has much more substance and proof of sale."
Old 07-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Teching In

If you can't tell, I really want this to work out somehow but if there isn't a really good chance of me getting a good product/any product, I don't want to start my mod savings all over again.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

What is the MOST guaranteed way to do it? If he is the original owner of the kit would I be able to verify that with Procharger because of the serial number?
Go to Orbitz.com and buy a plane ticket.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Go to Orbitz.com and buy a plane ticket.
Ha, I hadn't thought of that one. My parents are in PA. It may be cheaper if I can get one of them to do it.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:07 AM
10 Second Club

Well, if he really wants to sell it he should be willing to go to his "storage" and open the box and get you the serial number. After all, with a transaction that large you're not really asking for much. I would post over in the eastern section asking someone from New York to go check it out for you. It may end up costing you $50-100 but it will be money saved in the end if it's a raw deal. Even if he takes paypal you're not 100% covered.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Staging Lane

You could also tell him u would pay the 3% that paypal charges!!! I was reading on the force induction section of a guy that bought a kit on ebay and it was a scam!!! If you really want it fly out there cause its a good deal. I got mine for almost $6000
Old 08-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Launching!

I agree, hit up a eastern member in NY and have them swing by and check it out as others have said. Also have him send you other pics of the system to make sure he actually has it. Maybe ask him to take a picture of something specific in the kit and send it. At least this will narrow it down a lil...I would think a scammer wouldnt have it. If you get excuses why he cant mail pics or some nonsense...scam for sure.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Never buy anything without paypal on ebay and make sure paypal will insure the purchase they only insure up to a certain amount based on the seller rating for the reason of scammers alone. If anything gets jacked up paypal will just pull the money back out of his account.

Quick Reply: Ebay Procharger kit