Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

come on in and read how i got f'ed over on tuesday

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
sweeet! but working or not working my phone can still be useful as a protection device.

That DOES look like him too!!!!

That sucks though, I have an extra phone you can have if you don't have insurance. I have an AT&T phone, and a T-Mobile.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
btw same thing happened to me last week...some fire hydrant was covered by ivy and they towed my ****...at least i got a pic of them towing it...
Whatchu talkin bout.. your camry is still there...
Old 08-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Teching In

**** *** all that. It's likely that it was the tow company, and not just some random passer by that reached through your cracked windows and took your personal stuff.

I would wait maybe a month or 2, and do a night assault on the tow facility and the trucks. Windows, tires, drivetrain, building, whatever you can get your hands on. All of it smashed, slashed, busted and broken. I think that would make even for what you lost....
Old 08-21-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LT Chevyboy
**** *** all that. It's likely that it was the tow company, and not just some random passer by that reached through your cracked windows and took your personal stuff.

I would wait maybe a month or 2, and do a night assault on the tow facility and the trucks. Windows, tires, drivetrain, building, whatever you can get your hands on. All of it smashed, slashed, busted and broken. I think that would make even for what you lost....
Lets all hit it at once! It will be an 'event'.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sorry to hear that bro, karma will catch up with those ******* though
Old 08-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Lets all hit it at once! It will be an 'event'.
Hey, I'm down. I got a couple black masks left over from ahhh, well. I got a couple left....
Old 08-21-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by C5natie
Go to the local authority, police or sheriff, in the area and ask to speak to a sergeant or watch commander. That is enough probable cause to search. All you had to do was give them a list of your miising things and if they saw the items they would know theyre yours. Especially a laptop needing your password to log on. By now though, your stuff is long gone. Sorry man.
Sorry dude but thats not enough probable cause to do any real searching, you could walk around and if its in plain view, which is outside of 4th amendment search and seizures, then you can recover it, but if its in someones car, or in their backpack or locker then you would need to get a warrant. Its just like when someone at a car wash jacks your stuff, we cant arrest or search them, they can consent to a search but we cant force it. What you need to do is go to the PD or DOT that impounded the ride and get an inventory list, they need to inventory major stuff like that on the impound sheet. If your stuff is on the impound and not in your vehicle then the tow company is liable for it.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT Chevyboy
Hey, I'm down. I got a couple black masks left over from ahhh, well. I got a couple left....
im in =)
hell yea lets go **** there tow yard up.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

molotov cocktail!
Old 08-21-2008, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks that you got your **** jacked from your car. But you were blocking a fire hydrant. Ever see what a firefighter can do to your car when you block it?
Old 08-21-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ouch, sorry to hear bro...
Old 08-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

Damn. So that's what I missed Tues night. What a b/s situation.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

that sux about your computer and phone. what sux even more is that you will never see or get that stuff back. The cops didnt do **** because you have no proof that that stuff was ever there and they didnt take your wallet so they will use that to there advantage if you do try to take them to court. We had a towtruck driver come to the shop i worked at every week with phones, cameras, tools, laptops, jewelry. He never said where he got all that stuff but we all knew where that stuff was coming from.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damm, good luck with all that hlaalu
Old 08-21-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't know they could tow you for parking in front of a fire hydrant without you first getting a ticket.

That sucks and I don't think the punishment fits the crime (towing and ticket, yes; losing your personal items, no).

I would at least do the small claims court option. And check and see if they have had other lawsuits filed against them. Who knows, maybe they'll settle once getting served, or maybe this is a recurring theme with this place.

Worst case, you are out a few bucks and a few hours. And remember its preponderance of the evidence.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I didn't know they could tow you for parking in front of a fire hydrant without you first getting a ticket.

That sucks and I don't think the punishment fits the crime (towing and ticket, yes; losing your personal items, no).

I would at least do the small claims court option. And check and see if they have had other lawsuits filed against them. Who knows, maybe they'll settle once getting served, or maybe this is a recurring theme with this place.

Worst case, you are out a few bucks and a few hours. And remember its preponderance of the evidence.
Word, pretty harsh for a first offence..

Thats bullshit that they got their hands on your stuff, the towing company is responsible regardless, unless someone broke into your car before they towed it..
Old 08-21-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

so i just got off the phone with the pd, and basically like they told me before they can't really do anything because i cant prove i had that stuff in the car.
i liked the idea of going to raid the place that made me laugh lol
Old 08-21-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i say put the word out about the tow company, spread it as much as possible and then sit back and let them handle the hatin. Sucks about your stuff man.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slammer454
i say put the word out about the tow company, spread it as much as possible and then sit back and let them handle the hatin. Sucks about your stuff man.
tow truck drivers stealing stuff is not a new thing in california. and hlaalu just be happy this wasnt your car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pIMywSYcMc

and here is how mustang owners handle there stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS9bi...eature=related
Old 08-21-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hlaalu
so i just got off the phone with the pd, and basically like they told me before they can't really do anything because i cant prove i had that stuff in the car.
i liked the idea of going to raid the place that made me laugh lol
I can vouch you had it in your car when you left my house. Your girlfriend can vouch you had it when you arrived at her place.

Check for previous lawsuits and file a small court claim.

Quick Reply: come on in and read how i got f'ed over on tuesday