Old 09-04-2008, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wtf, thats bs man,
Old 09-04-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoCal WS6
Now the Warranty Company let me know that they wil only cover 5 days of car rental. I have had the car for 8 days already.
If this is in your contract, then you're screwed.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Followup on my Warranty HELL

It is now day 14, and I spent the morning fighting the Warranty company who as of this morning declined my warranty claim. They say that my car is "heavily modified" because I have:
Front Strut Brace
Cross drilled Rotors (stock size)
tubular lower control arms (installed 3 weeks ago)
panhard bar (installed 3 months ago)
Hotchkis springs (installed 3 months ago)

I had to scan them all the documents (proof) that I brought the car to the dealership in December 2007 for the rearend problem, and the dealer said I need to change the fluid. I have the paperwork from JiffyLube changing the Rear Diff. fluid the same day. I gave them the dated receipts for the other parts in question.

After doing all this, I now am getting a used (50,000 mile) rearend being installed in the car with a 1 year warranty. I am not happy, but after 2 weeks I just want my car back.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Default Damn it

So it is now day 18, and the dealership has installed a used rear end in my car They called to let me know that when they took the car out for the road test the rearend blew up.

Now the dealership is again trying to get the warranty company to ok the rebuild with all new parts.

I have now had a rental car this whole damn time on my dime.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Followup on my Warranty HELL

It is now day 14, and I spent the morning fighting the Warranty company who as of this morning declined my warranty claim. They say that my car is "heavily modified" because I have:
Front Strut Brace
Cross drilled Rotors (stock size)
tubular lower control arms (installed 3 weeks ago)
panhard bar (installed 3 months ago)
Hotchkis springs (installed 3 months ago)

I had to scan them all the documents (proof) that I brought the car to the dealership in December 2007 for the rearend problem, and the dealer said I need to change the fluid. I have the paperwork from JiffyLube changing the Rear Diff. fluid the same day. I gave them the dated receipts for the other parts in question.

After doing all this, I now am getting a used (50,000 mile) rearend being installed in the car with a 1 year warranty. I am not happy, but after 2 weeks I just want my car back.

hey my brother had to deal with that stuff. he filed a claim on the warranty company (and won). im not sure if its the same for every company, but they have to prove that the mods you do to your car caused the problem you are trying to get fixed by the warranty.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Launching!

Default They Can Not Void Your Warranty

It is illegal for any company to void a warranty based on performance parts unless they can prove that the parts you put on were the direct cause of the failure of the part that is having problems.that means that they CAN NOT void your warranty because you put on some suspension components. look up the magnuson-moss warranty act of 1975. it is FEDERAL law.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is it GE warranty services by any chance? they fucked me too. i ended up paying $3000 plus the cost of the rental for 5 days...
Old 09-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
is it GE warranty services by any chance? they fucked me too. i ended up paying $3000 plus the cost of the rental for 5 days...
No, it is First Extended Warranty Company. They had no problem taking my money, they just don't want to pay out when things break. I guess they didn't realize the meaning of a warranty when they started their company. LOL

Of course I don't blame them for being a little pissed when the Dealership is trying to charge them $4000 for a 10 bolt rebuild.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

No, it is First Extended Warranty Company. They had no problem taking my money, they just don't want to pay out when things break. I guess they didn't realize the meaning of a warranty when they started their company. LOL

Of course I don't blame them for being a little pissed when the Dealership is trying to charge them $4000 for a 10 bolt rebuild.
I work at a dealership, first extended service contracts are a joke.... if you learn anything from thins the only extended warrenty to get is through the manufacture.... all aftermarket extended service contracts are a joke and they will try any wayy to save themsleves money... they always request used parts to be intstalled, and barely pay the dealer anything so the job is never a priority for them....
Old 09-13-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

btw, socalspeed had a ton of low mileage rearends for sale, some with gears... i would have went that route my self
Old 09-13-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

dude, **** em. seriously they make a ton of money selling their BS warranties so let the dealership **** them in the *** Because if you were to blow your motor one day and u went 1 mile over the warranty coverage they wouldnt give a crap about you or how much it was going to cost.
Just recently i went thru alot of BS with my extended warranty company that didnt want to fix my rear end on my car (only had intake and rims at the time) and they wanted to void my warranty because of my 315's Of course after almost 2 weeks of arguing over the phone I got them to pay the dealership for the repairs.

on monday im going to cancel my warranty tho, i read somewhere in the contract i can cancel anytime even if they have already done repairs on my car. dont know exactly how much ill get back but anything is good i guess.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

so glad one of my best friends is the service manager at a local GMC Pontiac dealership. I took my truck in one time and he just grabed the keys and called me in 2 days and said come pick it up lol. Sometimes it is not what you know but who you know
Old 09-13-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shenanigans
so glad one of my best friends is the service manager at a local GMC Pontiac dealership. I took my truck in one time and he just grabed the keys and called me in 2 days and said come pick it up lol. Sometimes it is not what you know but who you know
Anyone one needs any chrysler, jeep, or dodge work i can help

Quick Reply: Need some advise