Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Found a "Sponsor" so to say...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008 | 01:57 AM
TECH Regular

I have about 63xxx miles on the car. That is another reason why I am shy about putting huge mods in there without doing the research, she still has a LOT of miles left in her, and I don't want to blow her.
To answer another question, I have no idea what style blower. Honestly, I just started my research so I need to figure that part out. Just figured out that I am going to need to go with 3 inch tubes for my exhaust. Glad that he didn't actually order the mufflers yet, he wants to wait till at least the suspension parts are decided on, they are cheaper that way. Not sure why he cares about that, but it's his money... I think I am going to go with the blower set up. I honestly want a blower because everybody does turbos, and I like that my car is already unique, I want to keep it that way.
Old 09-08-2008 | 01:58 AM
TECH Regular

I guess I deserved to have my thread fucked with since I fucked with like 5 or 6 other threads in the past week or so. Thanks fellas.
Old 09-08-2008 | 02:01 AM
Banned

Np man. keep us informed.
Old 09-08-2008 | 02:07 AM
Staging Lane

**** a 12 bolt, go with the Strange S60.

http://www.strangeengineering.net/catalog/pages/075.jpg
Old 09-08-2008 | 02:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lt1 hawk
I have about 63xxx miles on the car. That is another reason why I am shy about putting huge mods in there without doing the research, she still has a LOT of miles left in her, and I don't want to blow her.
To answer another question, I have no idea what style blower. Honestly, I just started my research so I need to figure that part out. Just figured out that I am going to need to go with 3 inch tubes for my exhaust. Glad that he didn't actually order the mufflers yet, he wants to wait till at least the suspension parts are decided on, they are cheaper that way. Not sure why he cares about that, but it's his money... I think I am going to go with the blower set up. I honestly want a blower because everybody does turbos, and I like that my car is already unique, I want to keep it that way.
yeah that thing still has a lot of life in her...the key to making it last is proper maintenance and a spot on tune...
i dont see why it wont last unless you really abuse it...your trans or rear will probably go before the motor...lol
Old 09-08-2008 | 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

ok, I was already thinking about having Ryne at CMS do the tune, so I am not worried about the quality of the tune, it will be fine.

Question I do have though is if I put the blower, cam and heads in there, with my current goals in mind, will I shorten the life of my engine if I leave the other stuff stock?
Depends on how much boost and punishment you throw at it.
If it was me, and I had a bank roll...I'd get a fully forged 383 shortblock, AFR heads, fatty cam w/ matching valve train components, p&p intake mani, 58mm TB, CAI, stanless steel LT's, cutout, Textralia clutch, Moser 9", SFC's, LCA's w/ relo brackets, adj TA, adj PHB, QA1's, roll cage, and top it all of with a 200 shot of N2O .
Old 09-08-2008 | 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

isn't the 9" and the texateria a little over kill for what I am shooting for? A beastly street car that I want to last? I just put a new LuK clutch in her a few thousand miles ago... though I could pop for a lightweight flywheel... yummy.
Old 09-08-2008 | 10:20 AM
TECH Regular

oh yeah, roll cage is out of the question for now... part of the appeal is that the interior and exterior are almost immaculate, especially for a 13 year old car. I want to keep all the goodies out of plain sight. It is going to be a weekend cruiser that eats people on the highway...
Old 09-08-2008 | 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

isn't the 9" and the texateria a little over kill for what I am shooting for? A beastly street car that I want to last? I just put a new LuK clutch in her a few thousand miles ago... though I could pop for a lightweight flywheel... yummy.
I was just saying what I would get if I had a "sponsor". I would put in the best of the best, make stupid horsepower all day long, and not have to worry about breaking something.
Old 09-08-2008 | 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I was just saying what I would get if I had a "sponsor". I would put in the best of the best, make stupid horsepower all day long, and not have to worry about breaking something.
That's what I am going to do when I get a straight drag race car... the only problem with me having a car like that now is that I do not have a garage, truck or trailer. Those are the prerequisites to having a race car. I am not even allowed to work on my car at my apartment complex, the *****. I want to put a LS7 in a light *** body one of these days and go ape ****. But first, I want my beefy *** cruiser.
Old 09-08-2008 | 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

That's what I am going to do when I get a straight drag race car... the only problem with me having a car like that now is that I do not have a garage, truck or trailer. Those are the prerequisites to having a race car. I am not even allowed to work on my car at my apartment complex, the *****. I want to put a LS7 in a light *** body one of these days and go ape ****. But first, I want my beefy *** cruiser.
Who said you needed a trailer? I'd be DD-ing that ****
A well-built, well-tuned 383 can make great power and still maintain driveablity.
Old 09-08-2008 | 11:45 AM
11 Second Club

lol at wasting money on an lt1. who cares if you like it fact is its a paper weight, i can understand an old school guy like myself sticking with sbc cause they are cheap, somewhat reliable you can get parts anywhere and they can make great power. your lt1 on the other hand is anything but original, i mean yeah they are great to some degree, but sticking a blower on your old lt1 is not going to be pretty, you would spend the same abount on an ls1, double your reliability and make great power all while making your car lighter, i think its a no brainer, and we can all respect a guy keeping it original, but your not, so ditch the boat anchor and get with the times
Old 09-08-2008 | 11:47 AM
11 Second Club

sometimes a good car just need a newer better greater motor,

a great ex would be an ls1 rx7 swap,
Old 09-08-2008 | 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

"put a LSX into that bad boy, **** the LT1..." .
I agree with you...
Old 09-08-2008 | 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

lt1s can make good power too....
Old 09-08-2008 | 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SUCK MY SS
lt1s can make good power too....
i never said they couldnt, they are just heavy outdated expensive hard to modify engines. and unreliable as ****.
Old 09-08-2008 | 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
i never said they couldnt, they are just heavy outdated expensive hard to modify engines. and unreliable as ****.
Outdated - yes
Expensive, hard to modify, and unreliable - No, where are you drawing your opinions from?
Old 09-08-2008 | 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

Outdated - yes
Expensive, hard to modify, and unreliable - No, where are you drawing your opinions from?
exactly....the ls1 came from somewhere people...
ive put together many hard running lt1 cars that have given me close to no problems...on the other hand ive also worked on lt1 based vehicles that turn into nightmares..usually the nightmare cars are the ones that have been thrashed and not well maintained...
like i said as long as a motor is properly assembled, well maintained, and tuned it will run good for a long time...
Old 09-08-2008 | 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Outdated - yes
drawing my opinions or drawing up past expereinces?, you cannot honestly tell me that working on an lt1 is easier, cheaper and more reliable than an ls1 are you?

cause that cant be the case
Old 09-08-2008 | 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SUCK MY SS
exactly....the ls1 came from somewhere people...
ive put together many hard running lt1 cars that have given me close to no problems...on the other hand ive also worked on lt1 based vehicles that turn into nightmares..usually the nightmare cars are the ones that have been thrashed and not well maintained...
like i said as long as a motor is properly assembled, well maintained, and tuned it will run good for a long time...
as i have, between boats camaro's vettes and sandrails ive seen the ones that made it so to speak running on all 10 psi of oil pressure none the less lol.

Quick Reply: Found a "Sponsor" so to say...