Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Found a "Sponsor" so to say...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
drawing my opinions or drawing up past expereinces?, you cannot honestly tell me that working on an lt1 is easier, cheaper and more reliable than an ls1 are you?

cause that cant be the case
No, working on a LS1 car is much easier than working on a LT1 car, but as far as cost of mods go, they are the same. I would say that the LT1 is more prone to leaks than a LS1, but if properly maintained, a LT1 can be just as reliable as a LS1. I beat on my car every day and I've got 150k on the clock and its still going strong.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to debate on which is better...fact is that the LS1 was built with a clean sheet of paper from the ground up, it is superior in almost every facet, but that doesn't take away the LT1's power and potential.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i never once took anything away from the power potential, and like i said earlier some made it and most didnt, like my ls1 car, with 155k miles orig engine and trans, 13.1's all day long, dyno'd 322 hp to the ground and was totaled before the motor ever gave me any problems. couldnt have been any happier like you and your lt1, i just think dropping big bucks on top of an lt1 is foolish.

like the saying goes, you cant polish a turd.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

I think lt1_hawk is posting drunk..... again
Old 09-08-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
I think lt1_hawk is posting drunk..... again
No, I am not drunk, nor was I, though I wish I had been.

Gents, I am not interested in the whole LSX vs LT1 argument. I have an LT1 right now, and that is what I have to work with. We are not buying a new engine. I don't have another car nor am I going to get one for quite some time. If I were looking for a straight drag car to break into the 8s on the quarter, I would be looking for an LS7 and shove it in some light body, but that is not the case. I just want a beefy weekend cruiser. I like the sound of the LT1. I already have the LT1. I was not going to do too much to it till he suggested I do a full suspension, brakes, cam, and anything else I wanted to. Honestly, I am doing it because I can, not because it makes the most sense. That, and I am not paying for it. The only thing I am probably going to pay for is the $5/hr for lift fees at the hobby shop, and some little odds and ends that I forget to order through him, and I need to buy in a hurry to get the job done on that day. Like I said, one of these days I dream of an LS7.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Banned

Do what makes you happy brotha. I think we told you all you need to know. Any other questions, we're here.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Regular

I think I know just about everything I need to know, and I think I know what I want to do, I just have to figure out a few things like the specifics of the blower and suspension. I am hitting up Sam Strano right now about the suspension.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes, stick with the LT1 man!
But I would pick up one of these:
http://www.golenengineservice.com/ht...rt_blocks.html
I would prefer doing a full build up on a stand, then do a straight drop out and lift in of the new set up. Check out the link, good **** there.
edit: Plus a forged bottom end will ensure the best duribility and longevity. And stroker for power!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Yes, stick with the LT1 man!
But I would pick up one of these:
http://www.golenengineservice.com/ht...rt_blocks.html
I would prefer doing a full build up on a stand, then do a straight drop out and lift in of the new set up. Check out the link, good **** there.
edit: Plus a forged bottom end will ensure the best duribility and longevity. And stroker for power!
Thanks. I appriciate the info, but with the exception of maybe the stroker, that is a "next project" kind of thing, and I can only focus on one thing at a time. I am ADD like that.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Banned

damn do i have it too then?
Old 09-09-2008, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
damn do i have it too then?
You have a lot bigger problems than ADD or ADHD my friend...

Quick Reply: Found a "Sponsor" so to say...