Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS? trap door

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Again, I say the "proper" way is to have a damn access panel. Your analogies are ridiculous. I guess you'd be against adding a drain plug to your tranny pan as well since the "proper" way to change fluid on our penny pinched designed cars is to always drop the pan...

97 is same style as 98 and my hole isn't too big. If you're friend's car smells like gas he has a much bigger problem than the access hole...

THINK ABOUT IT that means his gas TANK isn't sealed properly. An access hole doesn't allow fumes in because THERE SHOULDN'T BE ANY FUMES COMING OUT OF A SEALED GAS TANK.

Sorry but that comment (about friend's car smelling like gas) makes it sound like your just pulling ***** out of your @ss to make your opinion more valid and what you're pulling out makes no sense to anyone with half a brain.

+1 Never smelt anything on any of the installs. And if you think thats where its coming from use a little silicone... To be honest, what they are probably smelling is gas that they spilt on the carpet (or inside the car)... not fumes from the tank. Fumes from the tank would mean the system isnt sealed, which would cause the car to run really bad. Try driving w/ your gas cap off, it would be similar.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exhaust fumes MAYBE, gas is a bigger problem...
Old 09-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Banned Village Idiot

gonna do this tomorrow!! ss.slp.ls1 and LT Chevyboy are going to help!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a couple fishing poles and go fishing when you take the pump assembly out of the tank lmao
Old 09-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Banned Village Idiot

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
get a couple fishing poles and go fishing when you take the pump assembly out of the tank lmao
now thats an idea... i hope i can catch a catfish so i can fry the ******
Old 09-10-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Veteran

well you may just char the hell out of it, after all, its been swimming in 91 octane lol
Old 09-10-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Again, I say the "proper" way is to have a damn access panel. Your analogies are ridiculous. I guess you'd be against adding a drain plug to your tranny pan as well since the "proper" way to change fluid on our penny pinched designed cars is to always drop the pan...

97 is same style as 98 and my hole isn't too big. If you're friend's car smells like gas he has a much bigger problem than the access hole...

THINK ABOUT IT that means his gas TANK isn't sealed properly. An access hole doesn't allow fumes in because THERE SHOULDN'T BE ANY FUMES COMING OUT OF A SEALED GAS TANK.

Sorry but that comment (about friend's car smelling like gas) makes it sound like your just pulling ***** out of your @ss to make your opinion more valid and what you're pulling out makes no sense to anyone with half a brain.
no **** of course his "panel" isnt sealed properly, and he probably spilt gas everywhere, but **** im sorry if i was just suggesting how to do the fuel pump per book, you dont have to get your panties in a bunch and put me on blast. Let him decide how he wants to do it and if he puts in a stock or high performance one, o n my trans doesnt have a pan , and how does "penny pinched" relate to a camaro having or not having a trans drain plug, name all the chevys youve seen that had, so does that mean all the vehicles that dont have a access panel and a drain plug on the trans is penny pinched? But ya sure my analogies are ridiculous i guess ill go buy a ford

Last edited by lowerthanyou00; 09-10-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I can help you when we install your 9".
Well see if we have time...im still doing the trap door because I dont want ot take the exhaust off. I got the driveshaft today by the way...
Old 09-11-2008, 06:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lowerthanyou00
...so does that mean all the vehicles that dont have a access panel and a drain plug on the trans is penny pinched?...
If not penny piniched, it was poorly designed.

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
Well see if we have time...im still doing the trap door because I dont want ot take the exhaust off. I got the driveshaft today by the way...
Nice, what's the ETA until installation?
Old 09-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no **** of course his "panel" isnt sealed properly, and he probably spilt gas everywhere, but **** im sorry if i was just suggesting how to do the fuel pump per book, you dont have to get your panties in a bunch and put me on blast. Let him decide how he wants to do it and if he puts in a stock or high performance one, o n my trans doesnt have a pan , and how does "penny pinched" relate to a camaro having or not having a trans drain plug, name all the chevys youve seen that had, so does that mean all the vehicles that dont have a access panel and a drain plug on the trans is penny pinched? But ya sure my analogies are ridiculous i guess ill go buy a ford
My only problem was when you started spouting mis-information to the guy... "Can drop the tank as quick as pulling interior panels..." "Doesn't seal right because my buddy's car smells like gas..." that was all.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Nice, what's the ETA until installation?
I dont think he has started building it yet because he hasnt called me for the rest of the $$$, but he should be putting it together late this week early next week. Ill hit you up as soon as I know something.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:05 PM
9 Second Club

are the cuts near the back seat or closer to the trunk ( front or back of the hump)?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

93-98* is closer to the seat 99*-02 is closer to the taillights.

afaik. mine was closer to the taillights.

thanks SRJ!

Last edited by ZexGX; 03-04-2009 at 11:25 PM. Reason: *fixed
Old 03-04-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
93-97 is closer to the seat 98-02 is closer to the taillights.

afaik. mine was closer to the taillights.
'98 is in the same location as the '93-97. '99-'02 is in the newer location.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:02 AM
9 Second Club

im all about taking out the tank my self. it does not take more than 30 min for the tank. i dont drop the rearend or anything crazy like that. but i dont plan on working on my fuel pumps all the time like some of you. im not in to cutting up my car any more than i have to LOL. just my 2 cents
Old 03-05-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I need to do this. Good thread
Old 03-05-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

Saving this for furture Maybes
Old 03-05-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tomz28
im all about taking out the tank my self. it does not take more than 30 min for the tank. i dont drop the rearend or anything crazy like that. but i dont plan on working on my fuel pumps all the time like some of you. im not in to cutting up my car any more than i have to LOL. just my 2 cents
wow you mean theres someone else that can do exactly what ive done in the same time?!?!?!?!?!, o i dont drop the reared all the way either, i just disconnect the shocks. +1 for not doing this monthly. Cant believe the people argueing with me. And the threadstarter just had a dd, that he wasnt doing anything that required a higher flow pump.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:24 AM
9 Second Club

wow you mean theres someone else that can do exactly what ive done in the same time?!?!?!?!?!, o i dont drop the reared all the way either, i just disconnect the shocks. +1 for not doing this monthly. Cant believe the people argueing with me. And the threadstarter just had a dd, that he wasnt doing anything that required a higher flow pump.
+1 for man i dont even drop the shocks for some reason my tank will come right out. it has just the right amount of space to fit. it also help when you work on car for a living LOL
Old 05-06-2009, 01:16 PM

Cool Trap Door Fuel Pump Replace- Convertible

I did mine with a full tank and it was easy and came out great!

Convertible was harder than it would be with a non but i would still recommend going this route.

http://camaroforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38304

Hope this helps anyone!

Quick Reply: HAS ANYONE DONE THIS? trap door