Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

a techer got hit by adrunk driver

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
There is a difference between being sue happy and getting what's due. I would have still got his insurance information to fix any damage on my car, no matter how minor. Traffic stopped, you stopped in time, he didn't, simple as that.
True. BUt I didnt have any damage. My car needed to be painted, so I wasn't going to go after him for scuffs and such.

I then find out Karma hates me.

I fucked up at a red right last year. It turns green, I start to take off and look down to change the radio station, just a second. the chick in front of me stops, and I bump her. The impact was equivalent of me slipping of the clutch pedal. Nothing done to my car, a scuff and marks on her bumper.

we pull over and she comes out of her car, totally on something, total space cadet. I tried to flag a cop driving by but he didn't stop. She starts crying and then stops because she's happy nothing happened to her cake sitting on the front seat. My passenger and I were joking because our cake didn't fly off the seat either (we were both leaving a bakery). The driver called 911 and they asked if anyone was hurt, she said "no". They said no police would come out since nobody was hurt.

She wasn't the owner of the car, so she called her. the owner came. I gave her my insurance info, but asked if we could not go through the insurance as the damage was less than my deductible.

She agreed. She said that she would meet up with me on Tuesday (this happened on a Friday) because she was leaving to Big Bear that afternoon.

Monday morning on the way to work, I get a call from my insurance company asking for the details. The driver claimed injuries and they are saying that there is more damage to the car than what there was, including a cracked windshield.

******* people, always looking to screw someone over.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
True. BUt I didnt have any damage. My car needed to be painted, so I wasn't going to go after him for scuffs and such.

I then find out Karma hates me.

I fucked up at a red right last year. It turns green, I start to take off and look down to change the radio station, just a second. the chick in front of me stops, and I bump her. The impact was equivalent of me slipping of the clutch pedal. Nothing done to my car, a scuff and marks on her bumper.

we pull over and she comes out of her car, totally on something, total space cadet. I tried to flag a cop driving by but he didn't stop. She starts crying and then stops because she's happy nothing happened to her cake sitting on the front seat. My passenger and I were joking because our cake didn't fly off the seat either (we were both leaving a bakery). The driver called 911 and they asked if anyone was hurt, she said "no". They said no police would come out since nobody was hurt.

She wasn't the owner of the car, so she called her. the owner came. I gave her my insurance info, but asked if we could not go through the insurance as the damage was less than my deductible.

She agreed. She said that she would meet up with me on Tuesday (this happened on a Friday) because she was leaving to Big Bear that afternoon.

Monday morning on the way to work, I get a call from my insurance company asking for the details. The driver claimed injuries and they are saying that there is more damage to the car than what there was, including a cracked windshield.

******* people, always looking to screw someone over.
Always, always take pictures! No matter what happened or who's fault it is. But yeah, people like that should go to hell.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Glad you are ok..Don't plan to get anything from an illegal ****** that has nothing..
Old 09-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Banned

wow thank god your ok. im surprised at well the rear still looks compared to what happened to that truck. i guess the quarter panals are the weak points
Old 09-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry to see your baby like that! I think you have one of the nicer LT T/A's on the board. Did I read that he was driving his boss' truck?? Find yourself a good lawyer quick! You might be able to sue the **** out of whatever company owns the truck! Not only did they employ an illegal alien, they also allowed him to illegally drive their truck!

Also, they won't ship him back right away. When I was 17, my dad got shot outside our house by a neighbor (in the leg, no arteries, he made it through okay). It turns out the guy was an illegal alien, was high out of his mind, and was renting a room from another tenant (the other tenant was subletting). The scumbag did 5-7 BEFORE they shipped him back.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and hey if u need a good attorney lmk also.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:44 PM
zjt
Staging Lane

Like everyone else I'm glad to hear you didn't break anything and you'll be okay. The car though... that's a real tough break. I hope the guy gets what he deserves
Old 09-11-2008, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redracer1
Glad your ok Brynnda. Sucks about your T/A. Uninsured motorist should be shot on site!!! --------
let me do it
Old 09-11-2008, 05:11 PM
10 Second Club

OH, NO ITS "AMBER"..........So So Sorry to hear Bydnnda, Thank the LORD UR ALL RIGHT.........thats what counts.......take care.....yeah u had one Clean super Sick Ride!!!!!!!....no worries ur'll find another one.......or just upgrade maybe ZO6....
Old 09-11-2008, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SS#2906
I was only being sarcastic about the racing part Brynnda. Just thought it would be weird if they tried to label this as a racing accident, especially when the other car was a POS Toyota Tacoma

Nonetheless, I'm glad to hear you're ok. Your insurance is more then likely gonna TOTAL your car. I had a similar accident a while back and the damage totaled up to about almost 10K.

Your damage is worse:

The repair shop ended up replacing everything that is missing, including the SS spoiler:

so for this was like 10k

damn dawg...then there gona total my ****....
Old 09-11-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow that sucks, sorry to hear that but glad you are ok.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That car held up pretty well!

Glad your ok buddy.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry to hear about it, but glad you're ok!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by geovett
just upgrade maybe C5 ZO6....
good idea!!!!... BTW Glad that you're ok.... hopefully it all work out
Old 09-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Launching!

WOW.....REAL sorry to hear about this
Old 09-11-2008, 07:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
Glad that you're ok.... hopefully it all work out
x2.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lightbulb

As long as you are okay---thats the important part.....sorry about the whole thing though..
Old 09-11-2008, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by transambandit
******* illegals man, they are just going to ship him back and he will come right back across the border, and they wonder why we want to put a mile high fence across the border. If that were me or my wife i would have a hard time not beating the tar out of him, especially if he tried to run. *** holes.
nah he has commited a felony. Hes going in the slammer for some years then hell be deported but yes hell be back in less than 3
Old 09-12-2008, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brandotron
I'm sorry to see your baby like that! I think you have one of the nicer LT T/A's on the board. Did I read that he was driving his boss' truck?? Find yourself a good lawyer quick! You might be able to sue the **** out of whatever company owns the truck! Not only did they employ an illegal alien, they also allowed him to illegally drive their truck!

Also, they won't ship him back right away. When I was 17, my dad got shot outside our house by a neighbor (in the leg, no arteries, he made it through okay). It turns out the guy was an illegal alien, was high out of his mind, and was renting a room from another tenant (the other tenant was subletting). The scumbag did 5-7 BEFORE they shipped him back.
the officer said hed be here till everything was finished and then hed be deported. i spoke with my insurance company and they insist i sue them both, im getting a lawyer tomorrow. my neck and my back are killing me, ive been sleeping most the day. im gonna have to see a chiropractor, i have numbness and sharp hot pain shooting down my right arm
Old 09-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Banned

how much $$$ can you get from an illegal though..... such a bust.

Quick Reply: a techer got hit by adrunk driver