Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

a techer got hit by adrunk driver

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
I hate pewter color though.... but for under 6grand thats a good deal. Didnt know the 80 was gone. And i think ull get the $$$ together to surpass 6k. And if not, im sure you can find... "other ways" to pay

hahaha, gotcha.

i LOVE pewter birds, mmmmmmmmmmmmm, been looking for a pewter hard top formula for a while now, its weird i find it and days later total my ws6. the 80 is my dads now
Old 09-12-2008, 02:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZexGX
You're welcome!

I'd check that car to see how much body work it needs... The front bumper has been repainted and the front clip looks slightly misaligned in the pics. but, it's the model you've been looking for...

Hope ya feel better.
i should edit that, you are the one who found it, it even has tan interior!!! cloth too, its perfect. front end and rear deck will come off, ill put the trans am fascia and spoiler on it with the pewter ws6 hood im buying. thank you sooo much for keeping an eye out, if i do get it ill let you drive it!
Old 09-12-2008, 02:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

glad to see you are ok brynnda. o wait... i am taking care of you, that's you you are ok.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:40 AM
Launching!

Dam I've been outta the loop. Glad you're ok. That's undoubtedly what matters most.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you mentioned that it was his bosses truck?? maybe you can get compensation if it was his bosses work truck. Then at least you'll get some help out of the deal. if its his own business then i'm sure he has ins on the truck for whoever drives it.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:30 AM
Teching In

glad your ok,
Old 09-12-2008, 04:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Always, always take pictures! No matter what happened or who's fault it is. But yeah, people like that should go to hell.
U think that's bad I'm getting sued by some lady for a crash that happened two fn years ago.
She claims I owe 25000 in damages.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by brynnda
thank you mike, i really appreciate it

hey dont mention it....
Old 09-12-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shtnfrds
you mentioned that it was his bosses truck?? maybe you can get compensation if it was his bosses work truck. Then at least you'll get some help out of the deal. if its his own business then i'm sure he has ins on the truck for whoever drives it.
yeah it was a work truck, the owner tried making it seem like it wasnt a big deal and my car was fine but i made it very clear it wasnt and id be asking for a new one. i dont think 6 grand plus medical bills is unreasonable at all. ill part amber out and use that money to pay her off, i dont owe much, but i still owe.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

id like to thank everyone for their concern, the emails and phone calls are very sweet, thank you all sooo much. i hope we never have another thread like this agian. im so disgusted he couldnt wait till he got home to drink like that. my baby girl is gone and for no good reason. its disgusting. itll hit hard once shes parted out and on her way to the junk yard.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

actually, u can get a lot more than 6k out of this...the guy has an illegal as a worker, he let him borrow his work truck...the boss is asking for it...i would go to a lawyer and get some advice...

this isnt being sue happy...to be honest ur life was at risk... and cuz the owner of the company let his illegal immigrant worker drive his and to make it worse he was drunk...plus he tried to run...o hell nah, this is just asking for a lawsuit...i dont give a crap if ur car doesnt look that bad...look at the guys truck for crying out loud

seriously,
go to a lawyer and see what they can do and if it would be worth it...jsut my opinion...
Old 09-12-2008, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah it was a work truck, the owner tried making it seem like it wasnt a big deal and my car was fine but i made it very clear it wasnt and id be asking for a new one. i dont think 6 grand plus medical bills is unreasonable at all. ill part amber out and use that money to pay her off, i dont owe much, but i still owe.
w, I'd even venture to say that you're letting him off really EASY too. Isn't illegal to hire illegals to work for your company anyways??
Pin him to the wall...
Old 09-12-2008, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by shtnfrds
w, I'd even venture to say that you're letting him off really EASY too. Isn't illegal to hire illegals to work for your company anyways??
Pin him to the wall...
yup...ICE was already at our company checking all proper identification...i would say its not a good situation for the business owner
Old 09-12-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats what the officer and my insurance company said, he says that business is screwed and may lose their license. i dont know what kind of business is was, they had some lawn equipment and a table saw and stuff in it. prolly typical handyman crap.

i want whats fair and itd be nice to ask for the $4600 i owe on my car, plus 6 grand for a new one and my medical bills, but i dont know if all of that is out of the question?
Old 09-12-2008, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

I'm against stupid lawsuits, but yours is as justified as any. And I know a thing about ridiculous lawsuits. I really don't want to revisit it, but I tapped a guy at 5 mph. TWO YEARS after the accident, I get a notice saying I was being sued. I fixed my truck for $300, you couldn't see damage on his POS Grand Cherokee. The scumbag claimed back pain, dislocated shoulder, relationship stuggles since he wasn't able to make love, no BS there, that's what was in the lawsuit. So it was just finished a couple months ago. My insurance paid the ******* $50k. I just hope Karma gets him back and he gets run over by a locomotive.

As far as your case, sue for the company. Things may be different for you in your state, but if you have illegals working for you in AZ, you're done. You lose your license, and you're in a world of hurt. He shouldn't of hired an illegal, and he certainly shouldn't have given his truck to him to drive with no license. The fact that he was 3x the legal limit doesn't help either. This needs to stop, I hear too many cases of illegals hitting people and getting off. Sue him, and sue his boss for what you can. You've got a good case.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

i want whats fair and itd be nice to ask for the $4600 i owe on my car, plus 6 grand for a new one and my medical bills, but i dont know if all of that is out of the question?
you're lucky he didn't take your life. a friend of mine from high school was killed by a drunk driver, he was 22 years old. i say get as much as you can, and hopefully he gets jail time as well.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by campbellshotrods
I'm against stupid lawsuits, but yours is as justified as any. And I know a thing about ridiculous lawsuits. I really don't want to revisit it, but I tapped a guy at 5 mph. TWO YEARS after the accident, I get a notice saying I was being sued. I fixed my truck for $300, you couldn't see damage on his POS Grand Cherokee. The scumbag claimed back pain, dislocated shoulder, relationship stuggles since he wasn't able to make love, no BS there, that's what was in the lawsuit. So it was just finished a couple months ago. My insurance paid the ******* $50k. I just hope Karma gets him back and he gets run over by a locomotive.

As far as your case, sue for the company. Things may be different for you in your state, but if you have illegals working for you in AZ, you're done. You lose your license, and you're in a world of hurt. He shouldn't of hired an illegal, and he certainly shouldn't have given his truck to him to drive with no license. The fact that he was 3x the legal limit doesn't help either. This needs to stop, I hear too many cases of illegals hitting people and getting off.

+1 Hope all works out for you Brynnda
Old 09-12-2008, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by campbellshotrods
relationship stuggles since he wasn't able to make love.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Sorry to jump on here late but concentrate on your well being and worry about the car last. Hope you fell better soon!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

Brynnda, glad you are ok, but I am sorry to hear about Amber. Take care of yourself, and sue the **** out of that guy. You know the great thing about California? They talk about how they are a "sanctuary" state for illeagal immigrants, but the ENTIRE reason Cali is massivly in debt is because of illeagals. This is a case in point. Do the paperwork and come here, that is awesome, but don't sneak in.
Anyway, I hope you are ok, and that everything gets taken care of.

Quick Reply: a techer got hit by adrunk driver