Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

a techer got hit by adrunk driver

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default a techer got hit by adrunk driver

brynnda got rearended by a drunk driver. we are at the hospital right now... i will post pics of her car later... i am posting this for those that know her and those she was buying/selling parts from
Old 09-11-2008, 01:26 AM
TECH Regular

that sucks ***...hope shes alright
Old 09-11-2008, 01:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh ****!

foget the car...she ok?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, that's awful. Hope she's ok...
Old 09-11-2008, 01:39 AM
zjt
Staging Lane

That's ******* terrible, is she okay?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

she ok. a lil hurt. we're waiting to get x rays done right now....
Old 09-11-2008, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hope she and her car pulls through.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

shes ok, they took x rays, nothing is broken, no fractures but she tore muscles in her neck, the guy who hit her blew a .23, illegal immigrant no license or insurance and theyre charging him with a felony because she got hurt. he was doing 40 when he hit her and she was stopped waiting for people to cross the intersection so she could turn right. her car will most likely be totaled out. shes devastated, she loved that car

Old 09-11-2008, 05:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

. i was in the turn lane to turn right and people were crossing the intersection, i was waiting for them to cross and was rear ended by a drunk driver doing about 40 mph. hes an illegal immigrant with no license and blew a .23 there were beer cans all in his truck, it wasnt even his truck, it was his boss's, and they dont have insurance. he tried to run but his flat tire stopped him, my quarter panels are creased right behind the door on BOTH sides, bumper is messed up and my exhaust is pushed back towards the front of my car. im VERY impressed by how well she looks compared to the truck who hit her, but being a 97 with high miles, there might easily be 3k in damage, they will prolly total it out.

i went to the hospital and had x rays, my neck hurts, i hit my chest and face on the steering wheel, but my air bags didnt deploy. he pushed about me about 25-30 feet. i used my line lock to try to hold my car still, had i not i wouldve hit someone walking across the intersection, who knows how far it wouldve went if i hadnt used it.. x rays are fine, nothing broken or fractured but i tore some muscles in my neck. im heart broken, i loved that car, i worked very hard on her and she didnt deserved to go down like this.

ill take some more pics tomorrow when its light out
Old 09-11-2008, 05:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that really sucks about your car, but at least your still breathing and walking

good thinking with the line lock
Old 09-11-2008, 06:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by brynnda
. i was in the turn lane to turn right and people were crossing the intersection, i was waiting for them to cross and was rear ended by a drunk driver doing about 40 mph. hes an illegal immigrant with no license and blew a .23 there were beer cans all in his truck, it wasnt even his truck, it was his boss's, and they dont have insurance. he tried to run but his flat tire stopped him, my quarter panels are creased right behind the door on BOTH sides, bumper is messed up and my exhaust is pushed back towards the front of my car. im VERY impressed by how well she looks compared to the truck who hit her, but being a 97 with high miles, there might easily be 3k in damage, they will prolly total it out.

i went to the hospital and had x rays, my neck hurts, i hit my chest and face on the steering wheel, but my air bags didnt deploy. he pushed about me about 25-30 feet. i used my line lock to try to hold my car still, had i not i wouldve hit someone walking across the intersection, who knows how far it wouldve went if i hadnt used it.. x rays are fine, nothing broken or fractured but i tore some muscles in my neck. im heart broken, i loved that car, i worked very hard on her and she didnt deserved to go down like this.

ill take some more pics tomorrow when its light out

Damn that f*cking sucks, makes you want to just kill that guy. At least you made it out ok, you'll have to stare straight ahead for a little while, lol, jk. I am impressed with how your car looks too. Time to find a roller and build it up.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Regular

Glad your ok Brynnda. Sucks about your T/A. Uninsured motorist should be shot on site!!! --------
Old 09-11-2008, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow Brynnda, thats horrible! I cant tell you how sorry I am for this crap. I hope you have uninsured motorist coverage, its almost a must living here in so cal, for this exact reason.

but honestly, car is important, your health is more important. you might have been attaches to that car, but if its totalled youll find another one that youll build the same feelings for.

so now we all get to pay for keeping this dude in jail, even though hes not here legally. If we send him back over the boarder he will just come back, because we have no boarder security. dont you just love our system?
Old 09-11-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

******* illegals man, they are just going to ship him back and he will come right back across the border, and they wonder why we want to put a mile high fence across the border. If that were me or my wife i would have a hard time not beating the tar out of him, especially if he tried to run. *** holes.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Glad to hear you are Ok Brynnda. Cars can be replaced. Might not feel like that now, and who knows whatwould have happened to the poeple in the cross walk if you were not there.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

If it was a rear end accident, why in the world would the cops need to look under the hood??????

Were you racing the illegal ******?

Glad to hear you're ok.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS#2906
If it was a rear end accident, why in the world would the cops need to look under the hood??????

Were you racing the illegal ******?

Glad to hear you're ok.

no i wasnt racing, the 2 standing next to her were cool as hell, we were talking about cars for a while b4 i went to the hospital, they were just complimenting me on it
Old 09-11-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by brynnda
no i wasnt racing, the 2 standing next to her were cool as hell, we were talking about cars for a while b4 i went to the hospital, they were just complimenting me on it
I was only being sarcastic about the racing part Brynnda. Just thought it would be weird if they tried to label this as a racing accident, especially when the other car was a POS Toyota Tacoma

Nonetheless, I'm glad to hear you're ok. Your insurance is more then likely gonna TOTAL your car. I had a similar accident a while back and the damage totaled up to about almost 10K.

Your damage is worse:

The repair shop ended up replacing everything that is missing, including the SS spoiler:

Old 09-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

Wow, i'm really sorry to hear about this brynnda.

In a short while after you've recovered, it will be time to build a Nicer and even better machine.

Get some rest.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

good to see your ok.time for an LS

Quick Reply: a techer got hit by adrunk driver