Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

a techer got hit by adrunk driver

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 12:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brynnda
thats what the officer and my insurance company said, he says that business is screwed and may lose their license. i dont know what kind of business is was, they had some lawn equipment and a table saw and stuff in it. prolly typical handyman crap.

i want whats fair and itd be nice to ask for the $4600 i owe on my car, plus 6 grand for a new one and my medical bills, but i dont know if all of that is out of the question?
from what i know. . you should get what your medical bills are + what your car is worth unless you have some disability. emotional distress is no longer a way for you to get that extra 6k you want. sorry but its reality. im no lawyer though so don't take my word for it
Originally Posted by lt1 hawk
Brynnda, glad you are ok, but I am sorry to hear about Amber. Take care of yourself, and sue the **** out of that guy. You know the great thing about California? They talk about how they are a "sanctuary" state for illeagal immigrants, but the ENTIRE reason Cali is massivly in debt is because of illeagals. This is a case in point. Do the paperwork and come here, that is awesome, but don't sneak in.
Anyway, I hope you are ok, and that everything gets taken care of.
Before I say any of this let it me known that i hate raging liberals and i am republican however before you blindly state opinion as fact i'd like to put in my two cents.

Cali's debt is much much more to do with illegals. Has to do with the over infestation of public programs that politicians use to get themselves into the seat. There are way too many programs to help out the general public with things they should be getting on thier own and people abusing the system. This is for much for than "illegals" getting money from the system. It's just lazy american-born citizens. Illegals take less from the system in help. What they do tend to abuse is our educational/medical system. However these aren't the things are have us hugely in debt. Should they be removed? Hell yes, but it'll never happen because we live in california where we are all subject to the crap liberals give us about being humaine. Liberals have more to do with our shitty economic state than just illegal immigrants. If you REALLY want to look at it, it's the liberals fault for giving them so much lee-way all this time.

Liberals should all be burned
Old 09-13-2008, 01:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
from what i know. . you should get what your medical bills are + what your car is worth unless you have some disability. emotional distress is no longer a way for you to get that extra 6k you want. sorry but its reality. im no lawyer though so don't take my word for it

Before I say any of this let it me known that i hate raging liberals and i am republican however before you blindly state opinion as fact i'd like to put in my two cents.

Cali's debt is much much more to do with illegals. Has to do with the over infestation of public programs that politicians use to get themselves into the seat. There are way too many programs to help out the general public with things they should be getting on thier own and people abusing the system. This is for much for than "illegals" getting money from the system. It's just lazy american-born citizens. Illegals take less from the system in help. What they do tend to abuse is our educational/medical system. However these aren't the things are have us hugely in debt. Should they be removed? Hell yes, but it'll never happen because we live in california where we are all subject to the crap liberals give us about being humaine. Liberals have more to do with our shitty economic state than just illegal immigrants. If you REALLY want to look at it, it's the liberals fault for giving them so much lee-way all this time.

Liberals should all be burned
I agree with you for the most part. There was a study done by some university that showed that if California stopped paying into illeagals benefits, that the state of Cali would be out of debt in something like 6 months... when you think of the staggering debt that Cali has, that is amazing. Yes, the majority of the problems are caused by the liberals, but this is one of thier pet projects. Even if they would stop paying 50% of the benefits, they would probably be out of debt in a year or two. That tells me that Cali pays a lot of taxes just to support ILLEAGALS. I have no problems immigrants, that is the great american dream, come here and end up in a better place then the country you left. Just do it right. Instead of us paying them all this money in benefits to people who don't pay taxes anyway, I would rather see the focus put on the fact that people who do it right coming from Mexico have to wait as long as 20 years or more to get here. The vast majority of that wait comes from the Mexican government. That is sad, and just tells me that they want to keep thier law abidding and see thier less law abiding come over here. If there was less tolerance of it, WE would end up fronting less of the burden. By burden I mean money to jail, money for medical, money for primary and secondary schools (not sure if the secondary school thing passed, but I know they were trying some months ago to give illegals in state tution), and numerous other things. There is a big problem with lazy Americans as well. But I challenge anyone who says that things that rely heavily on manual labor (like farming) would shut down if it were for the illegals. I bet if the US said that we would stop paying ALL aide to Mexico unless they cut down the wait time for visas to something like 3 years, that there would be no difference, and we could screen people better before they come over. You have to understand that there is a real security risk to it as well. Hugo Chavez is paying people to come over our boarders ARMED. That is real, and I think we are relativly lucky that no one has come over the boarder shooting.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
wouldnt hurt.

but honestly i was hoping you'd say "they wern't damaged" and id answer with the ever so clever "Prove it"
Keep humping her leg like that WS6_Suicide_Machine, and you are going to hurt her back. lol
Old 09-13-2008, 02:10 AM
TECH Regular

I agree with you for the most part. There was a study done by some university that showed that if California stopped paying into illeagals benefits, that the state of Cali would be out of debt in something like 6 months... when you think of the staggering debt that Cali has, that is amazing. Yes, the majority of the problems are caused by the liberals, but this is one of thier pet projects. Even if they would stop paying 50% of the benefits, they would probably be out of debt in a year or two. That tells me that Cali pays a lot of taxes just to support ILLEAGALS. I have no problems immigrants, that is the great american dream, come here and end up in a better place then the country you left. Just do it right. Instead of us paying them all this money in benefits to people who don't pay taxes anyway, I would rather see the focus put on the fact that people who do it right coming from Mexico have to wait as long as 20 years or more to get here. The vast majority of that wait comes from the Mexican government. That is sad, and just tells me that they want to keep thier law abidding and see thier less law abiding come over here. If there was less tolerance of it, WE would end up fronting less of the burden. By burden I mean money to jail, money for medical, money for primary and secondary schools (not sure if the secondary school thing passed, but I know they were trying some months ago to give illegals in state tution), and numerous other things. There is a big problem with lazy Americans as well. But I challenge anyone who says that things that rely heavily on manual labor (like farming) would shut down if it were for the illegals. I bet if the US said that we would stop paying ALL aide to Mexico unless they cut down the wait time for visas to something like 3 years, that there would be no difference, and we could screen people better before they come over. You have to understand that there is a real security risk to it as well. Hugo Chavez is paying people to come over our boarders ARMED. That is real, and I think we are relativly lucky that no one has come over the boarder shooting.
Agreed, but on the flip side of things... there is a risk on those low paying jobs. Farming might become something like waste management where it's one of the better paying jobs out because no one wants to do it
Old 09-13-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
Agreed, but on the flip side of things... there is a risk on those low paying jobs. Farming might become something like waste management where it's one of the better paying jobs out because no one wants to do it
High paying, low skilled labor will always be out there just for the dirty job factor. I laugh at people when they say "who will farm the fields if we kick out the illeagals?" There was some statistic that came out showing that it was some number under 10% illeagal immigrants or immigrants PERIOD that do manual farm labor. I love the lies liberals tell, and the worst part is people believe them because the liberals control the media....
Old 09-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Teching In

thats what the officer and my insurance company said, he says that business is screwed and may lose their license. i dont know what kind of business is was, they had some lawn equipment and a table saw and stuff in it. prolly typical handyman crap.

i want whats fair and itd be nice to ask for the $4600 i owe on my car, plus 6 grand for a new one and my medical bills, but i dont know if all of that is out of the question?
In terms of settlement for the accident, you are entitled to the full amount of the auto damages including rental car reimbursement during the ordeal, all medical bills, and any other out of pcoket expenses such as time missed from work, etc.. In terms of "pain and suffering" a general rule of thumb is you are entitled to 2-3 times the total of the medical bills. That rule of thumb is just a rough estimate and varies from case to case depending on what physical damage you sustained and for how long you are forced to live with these conditions.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

I say we just get a LS1Tech BEAT DOWN on this guy!
Someone on here has to know enough Spanish to insult him while we beat the crap out of him... Preferably comments about his mother and his sexuality...
Old 09-14-2008, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

I say we just get a LS1Tech BEAT DOWN on this guy!
Someone on here has to know enough Spanish to insult him while we beat the crap out of him... Preferably comments about his mother and his sexuality...
HAHAHA priceless
Old 09-14-2008, 10:30 AM
10 Second Club

Someone on here has to know enough Spanish to insult him while we beat the crap out of him...
FYI More than half the western section is hispanic. So the spanish shouldn't be a problem.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
FYI More than half the western section is hispanic. So the spanish shouldn't be a problem.
Noted. Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get our interperters and find old boy! Get em coach!
Old 09-14-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha, hes still in jail

monday its on tho, calling my lawyer, and taking amber to the body shop, ill post her estimate when i get back. so far were up to *7* different creases
Old 09-14-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

haha, hes still in jail
Ok, who's got the hook up on the inside? Nothing says love like a SHIV. How do you say that in Spanish?
Old 09-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Launching!

Ok, who's got the hook up on the inside? Nothing says love like a SHIV. How do you say that in Spanish?

fee-lettow....but a good ole la-peese will work
Old 09-15-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

i sign the agreement with Larry H. Parker tomorrow, they got me an app. with a chiro today and theyre sending someone out tomorow morning to look at the car. i have 2 claims, one for property damage and one for bodily injury. they say i have a good case so well see
Old 09-15-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

get em Brynnda!
Old 09-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Launching!

i sign the agreement with Larry H. Parker tomorrow, they got me an app. with a chiro today and theyre sending someone out tomorow morning to look at the car. i have 2 claims, one for property damage and one for bodily injury. they say i have a good case so well see
This might prove to be a good (or bad) review of Larry H. Parker, too. I've always wondered who I'd call if I were ever in your situation. Please keep us posted!
Old 09-15-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Good luck with your case, hopefully you'll be able to get that pewter hardtop WS6 soon.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Good luck with your case, hopefully you'll be able to get that pewter hardtop WS6 soon.
Pewter is a great color for a WS6... Brynnda, if I were single and you drove a Pewter WS6... well.. uh... can I say that here?
Old 09-15-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
thanx!!! its not a ws6 tho, ill sacrifice that option for the hard top, shes gorgeous, ive been looking for her for years, hopefully ill get my procharged heads/cammed LS1 soon!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Launching!

way to redeem urself with alan....bravo brynn

Quick Reply: a techer got hit by adrunk driver