Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI
View Poll Results: appearance V. performance
Appearance first
6.52%
Performance first
63.04%
Combonation of both(please post your combo choice)
30.43%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

MOD options: appearance V. performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
thats almost all of it already cam stall tune... lol
naw you got exhaust, interior (stereo), wheels, suspension, detailing, painting, and a lot of other stuff. that is just the internal parts and a tune(which I can not do)
Old 09-15-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shenanigans
I don't need to save pennies lol. I have a settlement from the County of San Bernadino, City of Laguna Hills, and a church lmao. I just dont want to blow 50k on a ******* z28. I have budgeted about 15k total off the bat. thats including purchase of car for 8.5k
if you got a fat settlement, then i'd vote to do it all at once.
while you're swapping out your stock rims for wider bling wheels, you might as well change out your shocks, springs and swap in a 12 bolt while you're down there.
while you've got the motor out for building it up, you could smooth out and chrome the engine compartment to a mirror finish (to match the mirror finish of all your turbo plumbing).
Old 09-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Launching!

I prefer performance first. Appearance is something that i like to do when i have extra money to throw into my car.

I would just get some basic bolt ons, then do some appearance, then when you save enough go big with a h/c or FI set up and build that drivetrain to handle some real power.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
if you got a fat settlement, then i'd vote to do it all at once.
while you're swapping out your stock rims for wider bling wheels, you might as well change out your shocks, springs and swap in a 12 bolt while you're down there.
while you've got the motor out for building it up, you could smooth out and chrome the engine compartment to a mirror finish (to match the mirror finish of all your turbo plumbing).
settlement is fat but not that fat lol. I am only getting 65k or so after paying off the hospital bills and lawyer. I don't want to blow all my money on a car and have no money to invest or finish school. UCLA is not cheap you know.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
I prefer performance first. Appearance is something that i like to do when i have extra money to throw into my car.

I would just get some basic bolt ons, then do some appearance, then when you save enough go big with a h/c or FI set up and build that drivetrain to handle some real power.
only want to make about 400hp to the wheels. so h/c and stall should take care of that. Might just pull the whole tranny out and build it up just to be safe. every 700r4 and 4l60e I have had has gone out on me so far(the ones that were not built of course)
Old 09-15-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

settlement is fat but not that fat lol. I am only getting 65k or so after paying off the hospital bills and lawyer. I don't want to blow all my money on a car and have no money to invest or finish school. UCLA is not cheap you know.

there u go thats doing it right
Old 09-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

naw you got exhaust, interior (stereo), wheels, suspension, detailing, painting, and a lot of other stuff. that is just the internal parts and a tune(which I can not do)
i didn't know we were talking about appearance
Old 09-17-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

you are wise, but you must resist the urge to mod. it will be very strong and persuasive. it could easily make you its bitch and gobble up every dime you have.
you can say what you want about better judgement and willpower, but keep in mind that camaro owners have been helplessly giving into the mod bug for over 40 years now.

remember this warning when you're standing in a sea of boxes filled with car parts, dirty with mod fever.

filthy *****.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
you are wise, but you must resist the urge to mod. it will be very strong and persuasive. it could easily make you its bitch and gobble up every dime you have.
you can say what you want about better judgement and willpower, but keep in mind that camaro owners have been helplessly giving into the mod bug for over 40 years now.

remember this warning when you're standing in a sea of boxes filled with car parts, dirty with mod fever.

filthy *****.
It might even cause you to start a side business JUST to get extra cash flow so that when you run out of mods to buy for your car you have money to make NEW mods no one has even created yet for your car
Old 09-17-2008, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
It might even cause you to start a side business JUST to get extra cash flow so that when you run out of mods to buy for your car you have money to make NEW mods no one has even created yet for your car
lol true that. i was actually going to make a bunch of double din radio bezels for people that were interested.

Quick Reply: MOD options: appearance V. performance