Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

F-body drivers who have a Motorcycle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1stunna
EVERETTDREW:
yeah my friends 98 gixxer is pretty nice. idk why but when i see others in the same year. i like his better.

z28gsxr:
im going to be taking the class at CoC whenever i can. but in your opinion fo you think a 600cc is a good choice as a first streetbikes? cuz if i could my eyes are on a 01-03 gsxr 600, best looking year of the gsxr in my point of view. but what other 600cc bike would you think is better overall for under $4500.
Most people recommend not starting on R type bikes becase even though its a 600 it stops on a dime and an unskilled rider can have a hard time learning the brakes. But yeah i think a 600 is a good bike. Its pretty much all preference. I've never heard of anyone having problems with any particular 600. I have heard about kawasaki and their transmissions going out but honestly have never met anyone with this issue. I personally love GSXR's so my opinion may be biased. But i did briefly own an 05 R6 and well they all feel a little diffrent. The GSXR felt like it had more power but the R6 was lighter and felt like i could throw it into a corner easier. No matter what bike u choose just take your time and learn the bike. you'll be happy with whichever one you choose.

U said you were going to take the class in Coc whats that? Do you mean the MSF rider course? If so i took mine at Cerritos college. Feel free to shoot me a pm when you go out and look at a bike and if its close by i'll go along with you and check it out.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1stunna
EVERETTDREW:
yeah my friends 98 gixxer is pretty nice. idk why but when i see others in the same year. i like his better.

z28gsxr:
im going to be taking the class at CoC whenever i can. but in your opinion fo you think a 600cc is a good choice as a first streetbikes? cuz if i could my eyes are on a 01-03 gsxr 600, best looking year of the gsxr in my point of view. but what other 600cc bike would you think is better overall for under $4500.
well streetbikes are all pretty close in all reaity, and being a first time rider you wont be able to tell a big difference from riding the gsxr600 or the cbr600 ect... like you would going from a 2000 z28 to a 2000 mustang gt. I would try to get the newest one or the one with the least abuse on it.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

with the new models you can't really go wrong with anything, ultimately it comes down to personal preference of brands.

and as stated before, the bike will never be pushed to it's full capabilities, unless you're a pro like camarojunky. lol
Old 09-30-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

^^haha

Look into the SV650's. They really are a great beginning bike and still have a lot of power. The riding position isnt as aggresive and it wont put you on your *** as easily as the racing style bikes. And like I said, find a cheap used one that wont depreciate so much.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

I also think he should get an sv650 but most people won't just because they don't look as good as R bikes. Although the Sv with full fairings isn't bad on the eyes. I have always heard that it is better to learn to ride a slow bike fast then be the guy on a fast bike riding slow
Old 09-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by z28gsxr
I also think he should get an sv650 but most people won't just because they don't look as good as R bikes. Although the Sv with full fairings isn't bad on the eyes. I have always heard that it is better to learn to ride a slow bike fast then be the guy on a fast bike riding slow
true that, i always hear stories about people with 1k's at the track getting passed by smaller bikes due to riding ability.

i hear everybody saying how the new gsxr is a great learner bike with the drive mode selector, abc mode crap. i think that's BS, if you have to rely on the bike to control it's own power to save your ***, you shouldn't be on that bike.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

what happened to the 09 GSXR 1k? That can is hideous. I think the 07 GSXR 750's and 600's had the best looking factory silencers. Looks real clean. Looks like they are moving back to larger ones.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Def some good info in this thread. I think i might go check some bikes out today and see whats good with them.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by primer84z
what happened to the 09 GSXR 1k? That can is hideous. I think the 07 GSXR 750's and 600's had the best looking factory silencers. Looks real clean. Looks like they are moving back to larger ones.
Yeah but who keeps the stock can? I hated the can on my 06 so i swapped it out for a carbon fiber one.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by EVERETTDREW
Def some good info in this thread. I think i might go check some bikes out today and see whats good with them.
good luck. if you go look at 2000-2003 GSXR that body style check where the rear sets mount to the frame. I remember mine cracked there when i low sided and broke one of the tabs off of the frame. Make sure the bike is not salvaged and if it is well it hsould be cheaper. If there's a scratch on the frame every insurance company will total it. look at the forks make sure they're not leaking and I've always found it best to buy a bike with stock bodywork. The ones that usually have aftermarket bodywork or are repainted have gone down. There still are good bikes that have been down so don't let that discourage you. Also look at what aftermarket parts you want to put on the bike. You may find one with them already installed and save a few dollars. Either way make sure the first thing you get for the bike if it does not already have it is framesliders. They're cheap and will save you a lot of trouble down the line. Then get yourself a good leather jacket, gloves helmet, and a set of kneepads. If you can't buy riding boots atfirst at least always ride with like a set of work boots or any solid boot that will protect your ankle.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Ok cool ill make sure to keep all that in mind
Old 10-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Stay away from del amo motorsports......... PM me if you want details (long story)
Old 10-01-2008, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

damn what happened with delamo? I bought mine from there i've actually bought 2 new bikes there and a few friends have also bought there.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by z28gsxr
Most people recommend not starting on R type bikes becase even though its a 600 it stops on a dime and an unskilled rider can have a hard time learning the brakes. But yeah i think a 600 is a good bike. Its pretty much all preference. I've never heard of anyone having problems with any particular 600. I have heard about kawasaki and their transmissions going out but honestly have never met anyone with this issue. I personally love GSXR's so my opinion may be biased. But i did briefly own an 05 R6 and well they all feel a little diffrent. The GSXR felt like it had more power but the R6 was lighter and felt like i could throw it into a corner easier. No matter what bike u choose just take your time and learn the bike. you'll be happy with whichever one you choose.

U said you were going to take the class in Coc whats that? Do you mean the MSF rider course? If so i took mine at Cerritos college. Feel free to shoot me a pm when you go out and look at a bike and if its close by i'll go along with you and check it out.
I was talking to my friend whos been riding streetbikes for around 6 years, and he also does MX. He said to just start off with a 600 and take it easy. And I should be just fine. Ive road a Raptor 450 several times, and Ill actually be going to Dumont with a friend to ride some more on Halloween. Yeah its the MSF rider course that I was going to take. Do you have any information on the course at Cerritos?? Or are they pretty much similiar? Sweet, that would be awesome to have somebody come along. Ill let you know.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

http://www.msf-usa.org/ just go there type in your location and it gives you dates and where's the nearest class to you. Its pretty straight forward. The one i took was 4 classes thurs, sun, thurs, sun on thursdays we were in the classroom and on sunday we were out riding on the 250 cruisers. Its real easy its almost a guranteed pass. I think i paid somehwere around 100 for the class. Its more expensive if you're over 21 and I was 19 when i took the class
Old 10-02-2008, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

plus if you take the course you dont need to do a riding test to get your license, just written.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Theres a place in corona i heard about called Ride Rite.. 16 hours. you can take it in 2 8hour days
Old 10-03-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

And you get your M1 License through them??
Old 10-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Banned

This motorcycle thread seemed to get everyone excited. Motorcycles are a lot of fun, but dangerous. If your going to be riding on the street your definitly going to be taking a risk. Anything's possible, oil on the road, or dirt. Then theres the chance of you getting in an accident with other cars. I had a gsxr 750, the I bought a R1. The 1000 was a very fun bike to ride. I had so much fun on it. But then I had the wind knock me down going 65-70 mph. I broke my collarbone, fractured my ribs, and chipped a vertabrae. With some small internal bleeding. When I hit the asphalt I went unconscious, and dont remember sliding. The next thing I remember I was trying to stand up in the middle of the road. That's my story
Old 10-03-2008, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Daniel92
This motorcycle thread seemed to get everyone excited. Motorcycles are a lot of fun, but dangerous. If your going to be riding on the street your definitly going to be taking a risk. Anything's possible, oil on the road, or dirt. Then theres the chance of you getting in an accident with other cars. I had a gsxr 750, the I bought a R1. The 1000 was a very fun bike to ride. I had so much fun on it. But then I had the wind knock me down going 65-70 mph. I broke my collarbone, fractured my ribs, and chipped a vertabrae. With some small internal bleeding. When I hit the asphalt I went unconscious, and dont remember sliding. The next thing I remember I was trying to stand up in the middle of the road. That's my story
Damn dog, that **** sounds brutal. At least you were able to walk away from it.

Quick Reply: F-body drivers who have a Motorcycle?