Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios?

Anybody gone there yet this year? Just curious what everyone's thoughts were. I was there two years ago for the first event, and thought it seemed a little small, with only two mazes (including the year long Van Helsing maze). I see this year there are four mazes total, and some more scare zones. Should be a little more worth it this year? Lets hope so, got some rooms at the Universal Hilton for the 24th-26th. Also going to hit up Magic Mountain Sat/Sun. Doing Universal all day Friday, and all through the night for the Halloween, should hopefully get my moneys worth just spending a day there! At least now they have a package for the day and night, $79, instead of $50 for general admission, and another $50 for HHN.

So anyone go yet?
Old 10-09-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Knotts scary farm is bigger in the sense of more mazes. But the best one is usually Universal. I remember one year they had the Exorcist scene and the chick was moving like in the movie then the bed rose up...pretty bitchen effects. Not to scary, but just bitchen (more of a budget perhaps?).
Old 10-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Launching!

Universal has the best monsters (Freddy, Jason, Leatherface), but I think the Haunt is the bigger band for the buck. I'm going to the Haunt next week.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Is Magic Mountain still full of Cholos? I havent been there in years.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

MM, and Knotts = CRAP. But I will be going to MM Fright Fest since I have the seasons pass. Ive gone to Horror nights every year, and its always been the best in monsters, and mazes. Last year had 4 four nice mazes, Ill be going this year aswell. Maybe this weekend. Plus I heard the Shipwreck at the Queen Mary I heard is rather good.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Launching!

I haven't gone to Shipwreck, but I hear it's like a big *** party that happens to have a couple of mazes. Sounds cool.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Cool, good to know. I'd like to catch the Queen Mary, but I've only got three days, I'd rather spend it at places I've been to, so I can make the most of the limited time I have. I'd like to do Knott's sometime, but I've already reserved the Universal Hilton, so I have to hit Universal, and I ALWAYS hit MM when I'm there. They've cleaned it up a lot the last time I was there, not as many chollos. Besides, I spend all day there riding the coasters, that's where I get my moneys worth. I hear Knott's might be better than Fright Fest, but compared to what I've got in AZ, Fright Fest at MM beats everything we have here. I think they do a good job, good mazes, good costumes, and it's free! At least with paid admission, and now it's like $30 with the 2 for 1. Works for me!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

I went to Universals last year. It was VERY crowded, and it only had four mazes. Every line was 2+ hours long. I wont be going back.

I've been to Knott's every year since 1989, but I think I will have to miss this year.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Ive never been to any of the halloween things at the amusement parks. The wifey has a Scion Tc, so we are gonna go on scion night an get in for free. I bet its gonna be crowded but hopefully fun. I want to try the universal studios one, but it seems like it will be super packed.. and cost a pretty penny.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:55 PM
11 Second Club

I hate to say this, but MM is no longer free to do the Fright feast. Snickers has now taken over the event, so now you have to pay an extra 5 dollars to get a wrist band to get into the mazes.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Did anyone go to FearPlex (Fairplex) last year? any good? I think it was their first year doing it. Are they doing it again this year?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pendragon
I hate to say this, but MM is no longer free to do the Fright feast. Snickers has now taken over the event, so now you have to pay an extra 5 dollars to get a wrist band to get into the mazes.
WTF?? What a rip!!!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Universal puts on a great show, but of course, they are a movie studio!!!!

I heard about the $5 at MM... heck, I've paid more than that for the Fast Pass, or whatever they have! If the $5 reduces the lines I have to wait in by any amount, I won't mind.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like I might go to universal to check it out for the first time. I went to Queen Mary and it wasn't bad at all. It is like a big carnival. Had food, a band, and a bunch of mazes that were ok some better than others. I think there was a little club type room on the ship as well but got there when it closed. I did remember seeing a lot of those gangsta kids though

Quick Reply: Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios?