Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone got spare tires... 275 for front and 315 for back for 17" zr1's.. blew one ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone got spare tires... 275 for front and 315 for back for 17" zr1's.. blew one ...

Last night on my way home from my gf house I stop by the gas station to fill up (ussualy check tire psi etc while there) and everything looked fine (tires are starting to get a little bald though) and I make the turn to leave, get to the stop light and WAM BAM my car is pulling to the right.. i thought it was just a wavy street then I realized it wasnt stopping... made a u-turn and went back to the gas station.. tried to aid air and no go.

LONG STORY, SHORT ON BOTTOM Paragraph

Called the gf, she gave me a ride home, i got my Craftsman 4 ton low profile jack, my stock rims (1 of them) and my key for my lug nuts. Head back over, jacking car up about 1/4 of the jack and.... the ******* JACK DOESNT WANT TO GO UP ANYMORE !!! ******* pissed off... no stock jack in the car cause I have an amp in there. Go to my van (1993 ford aerostar free didnt pay a dime for it) and try to use the stock jack on that beast (which took me like 15 minutes to get out) AND NOTHING its ******* broken. Drive back home after trying to bleed the craftsman jack for like 1/2 and hour, get my stock jack and a small walmart cheapy 2 1/2 ton jack, get back to my car... CAR IS TOO LOW FOR JACK! jack it up a bit w/ the stupid craftsman, then put in walmart cheapy and voila get it swapped out -

Turns out the entire inside sidewall was basically gone... so I decided I need new tires...

What's a good spot to buy tires for 17" zr1's guys ? Dont want to blowout another tire
Old 10-11-2008, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a used set. 275/315. PM me if ur interested
Old 10-11-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

pm sent
Old 10-11-2008, 11:55 PM

If your saying your side wall on the tires are gone... its not the tires its your alignment thats screwed. I have a few friends who have experience the same thing.... you can put new or used tires on it but the same thing is gonna happen in only a matter of time...

I had the same problem when i use to have a 94 z-28. Dont make the same mistake that most people do and buy tires ..... take your car to a shop and get your wheels alinged flat out.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:57 PM

If you want to do what i said then buy new tires..... best place to buy tires hands down for price is TIRERACK.COM you can find the same exact tire at Discount tire and so on but save alot more. + Free shipping. just take the tires down to Discount and have them mount them. Or if yoru short on cash find a cheap local shop to mount them.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FBODY4LIFE97
If you want to do what i said then buy new tires..... best place to buy tires hands down for price is TIRERACK.COM you can find the same exact tire at Discount tire and so on but save alot more. + Free shipping. just take the tires down to Discount and have them mount them. Or if yoru short on cash find a cheap local shop to mount them.
thanks bro - im thinking the same thing after i read a bit - tires were almost bald too though - but im definitely getting the car aligned, havent done it since i dropped the car with gms springs !
Old 10-12-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

do you know if stock 10 spokes fit 315's?
Old 10-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Teching In

I Have A 275 Spare Tire Just Sitting Here At My House That Will Work Its Really Good Lots Of Thread!!
Old 10-12-2008, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hlaalu
do you know if stock 10 spokes fit 315's?
No it wont at all - stock is like 8 wide you need at least 10.5 I beleive
Old 10-12-2008, 12:06 PM

What your describeing...... sounds exactly with what ive seen and actually went threw 1 time... spend the 50 + bucks get the alignment fixed then do tires....

funny thing is you may look at your tire/rim and think its straight all it takes is a hair line of a differnce...

GOOD LUCK !

Quick Reply: Anyone got spare tires... 275 for front and 315 for back for 17" zr1's.. blew one ...