What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

How much do you tnink I can buy it for.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much do you tnink I can buy it for.

Well I love my TA but I have allways wanted a Vette. Looks like the found the color and style I am looking for. To bad it is at a dealer lot. I am thinking of trading my TA for it. Any Idea of what I can expect to pay. Any one bought a C5 coupe in the past month. Here is link to the car
http://www.caseychevy.com/VehicleDetails/1167050154
Old 01-16-2009, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

There's a phone #, would you like us to call it for you?
Old 01-16-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looking for people who have had experience with buying Vettes in the past month, ...not a 94 Mustang
Old 01-16-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

In short, too much. Casey Chevrolet is filled with douchebags who are gonna try to take you for a ride. If they don't seriously think you are gonna buy, they won't even talk with you. Best of luck, but i'd try Hutchens or another local used car dealer. There are better people out there to deal with than the a-holes at Casey. Casey Cycle City has ok people, too bad it never spilled over to their Chevy store.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

"Hey guy's look here's a link to a corvette for sale! How much does this car cost? It has a phone number provided too incase you want to see HOW MUCH IT COSTS!"

Well genius, you can either:

A: call the # and see how much THAT car costs, because it doesn't ******* matter as that's the one you are buying

B: Go to Kelly Blue Book kbb.com

C: SEARCH OUR OWN CLASSIFIEDS

D: Try to make some pithy brand based remark, pretending you are capt. moneybags downtalking a car that will ream your's a new *******. :HINT: Serious corvette buyers already know the market on the vehicles and are more concerned about condition over price because they are not trying to shoestring a 6yr old car. I can buy that car cash today, but why make a point; hell I must be broke if I have an old *** 94 mustang.

I guess you went with D, although I should include wasting everyones time since you have no idea on the vette marketplace or looked as stated. Enjoy your 10yr old f-body.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RSbeast
"Hey guy's look here's a link to a corvette for sale! How much does this car cost? It has a phone number provided too incase you want to see HOW MUCH IT COSTS!"

Well genius, you can either:

A: call the # and see how much THAT car costs, because it doesn't ******* matter as that's the one you are buying

B: Go to Kelly Blue Book kbb.com

C: SEARCH OUR OWN CLASSIFIEDS

D: Try to make some pithy brand based remark, pretending you are capt. moneybags downtalking a car that will ream your's a new *******. :HINT: Serious corvette buyers already know the market on the vehicles and are more concerned about condition over price because they are not trying to shoestring a 6yr old car. I can buy that car cash today, but why make a point; hell I must be broke if I have an old *** 94 mustang.

I guess you went with D, although I should include wasting everyones time since you have no idea on the vette marketplace or looked as stated. Enjoy your 10yr old f-body.
I would love to see your piece of **** race me. Maybe if I was to turn my car back to stock it would be fair. STFU it was never about money, I have 3 other cars and in the process of building a house. My point was unless you have bought a 03-04 C5 with low miles like the one link you have nothing to contribute. I want to see what people paid for ones with similar miles(low) and type (50th anniversary). I can call the damn number and see what the sticker is. Thats not what I was asking.
If I am looking for 94 mustang then I would ask for your input.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09CPTN
In short, too much. Casey Chevrolet is filled with douchebags who are gonna try to take you for a ride. If they don't seriously think you are gonna buy, they won't even talk with you. Best of luck, but i'd try Hutchens or another local used car dealer. There are better people out there to deal with than the a-holes at Casey. Casey Cycle City has ok people, too bad it never spilled over to their Chevy store.

Yeah I try not deal with Casey but I have been looking for a C5 coupe with low miles in great condition that color. Unfortunatly they seem to have the only one in the area. So I wanted to get idea of what others have paid for similar in the past month or so.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

Its got the lightweight magnesium corvette rims too.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car looks like **** dude... There are so many flaws in the paint and that ugly *** color and interior combo.. The rims look like **** too..

I bet they want like $20k for that POS..

Lol..

Anyways, go here: You can get a C5 in the $15k range.. Z06's are low low 20's.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...s-for-sale-52/
Old 01-16-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The paint looks fine in person. I drove through and looked at it today for a minute. I was looking for a black and tan inside.

Thanks for the link I am user aswell at that sight. I like the z06 but don't want a hard top. I was looking for a pretty much stock C5 that I can build the way I want so it won't matter that stock it is not as fast as the C5 Z06.

Thanks for the info anyways.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tasilver
The paint looks fine in person. I drove through and looked at it today for a minute. I was looking for a black and tan inside.

Thanks for the link I am user aswell at that sight. I like the z06 but don't want a hard top. I was looking for a pretty much stock C5 that I can build the way I want so it won't matter that stock it is not as fast as the C5 Z06.

Thanks for the info anyways.
Lol I was just messing with you about this car.. But if you are going to make it fast, then mileage shouldn't matter engine wise.. Just look for a nice high mile one that is clean for like $12k..
Old 01-16-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would not trust any dealers with the millage they advertise. in my area these guys roll back the odometer on anything they can put their hands on bmw's, audi's, gm, ford's. etc

look for stuff that had been serviced. eg waterpump is usually replaced every 100000km and if the guy is advertising that the car has 30000 and the water pump has been replaced i would be very cautious. good luck