What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Turbo 99 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turbo 99 Trans Am

I just got done building this car and I feel kinda detached from it. I sold a procharged mustang, bought this thing 100% stock and now am not sure what I want to do. The car has been garage kept its entire life and not driven during winter. What could I expect for the car as it sits if I decided to sell it? High end, low end?

Cosemetically: has a couple small scratches from previous owner opening the doors in the garage, otherwise very clean. Interior is in amazing shape. I get compliments all the time from other Fbody owners on how good of shape the interior is in compared to others.

Here is the rundown
1999 Trans Am
Auto
74XXX Miles
Maybe 100 miles tops with the turbo, completely stock prior.

Brief mods:
Custom truck manifold turbo setup
2.5" Merge
Masterpower T70 .96 exhaust housing
3" cold side
Tial wastegate and BOV
2.5" merge pipe
3" dumped down pipe
60# injectors
Derale electric pusher fans
Dual 255lph walbro's
Chrome catch can
Tripple pod: AEM wideband, glowshift boost and fuel pressure
Aftermarket stereo with stealth box. 900w rockford fosgate amp and 10" mtx sub
SLP cat back (not connected) Have piping, flex pipe and cutout to connect down pipe to cat back
Hptuners laptop interface for tuning

I am sure theres stuff I missed, the car was 100% stock when I bought it. Was female owned prior to me owning it. No track times, no numbers. The car currently has a 6-7lb spring but it has the fuel system to support a LOT of power. I built the fuel system around running the car at 12 psi and mid to upper 500's.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

I'm taking it that the car still has the stock motor, trans and rear since it wasn't mentioned. With all things considered, I'd say 9-12.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Yeah correct on all 3, they are planned for the future but for now until I figure out what I want to do they are on hold. I thought I would like an auto (all other sports cars I have owned were stick) but I really miss shifting gears. There is a black one with an ebay kit listed for 14.9k, is that way off then? Seems like average ta's in the area run in the 8-12k range stock, I know mods don't significantly affect the value but im just curious where a good starting price would be. I don't need to sell the car and there is nothing wrong with the car as far as I know.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

if you're in chicago, you know around here it's hard to find a rust free car. Mod's are always a tough one since you don't know what someone has done and how long it will last, who will stand behind it, etc... Need to find that right buyer looking for it. Try craigslist in chicago and put it out there for 12500-13000 and see if you get any interest.

Quick Reply: Turbo 99 Trans Am