What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

How much should I ask for a quick sale?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much should I ask for a quick sale?

Hi Guys,

I have a 1998 WS6 Trans Am, Auto, 87000 miles with a ton of aftermarket stuff done to it as follows:

LPP Stainless steel long tube headers (Installed by Baddls1ss)
Pacesetter off road Y-pipe
Borla stainless cat back
Staggerd Black C6 wheels (17x9 in front and 18x10 in rear)
Cross drilled and slotted rotors all the way around with hawks pads
New Brass gears in headlights
Founders performance double adjustable panhard bar, lower control arms, lower control are relocation brackets and poly end links.
Full 3:73 motive gears with all new bearings and seals (set up by Baddls1ss)
Alluminum T/A rear end girdle
Adjustable shocks
Slp intake Lid with new k&n filter
MSD 8.8 wires
Midwest race converters 3500 stall converter (Installed by Baddls1ss)
Full transgo shift kit upgrade (Installed by Baddls1ss)
Boxed subframe connectors
B&M transmission cooler
Pioneer Double din touch screen with DVD
6.5'' Boston acoustic component speakers in Q-logic kick panels
(2) Boston Acoustic amps (mono block and 4 channel)
100 farad battery/capacitor and 0 gauge wire ran from battery
(2) 10'' kicker subs
Auto meter Fuel, volt, oil pressure and water temp gauges come with car
Brand new black carpet
Almost forgot that Tom (Baddls1ss) who does all of the tuning for west bend dyno tuning did a full custom tune for my car which made a world of difference!

I love my car but due to the economy I have to sell it and buy a daily driver for the winter. I'm just trying to find out what I should be asking for the car for a fairly fast sale?

Thanks in advance guys

Dave
Attached Thumbnails How much should I ask for a quick sale?-superhawk1.jpg  
Old 09-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

$6000 tops if in great shape with working ac.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

Default $6000!

I guess I should of clarified and said only people that have a clue give me an idea of whats its worth because you my friend don't have a clue! The car stock with 87,000 on it in good shape is worth more than that. I understand that I will never get out of it what I have into it but the fact that you said $6000 is insulting!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Teching In

For 6k? The car would definitely be a "quick sale" lol

Start at 12k and work down, but probably wont get much more than 10k in today's market.

Nice car though! Tastefully modded.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Davey G
I guess I should of clarified and said only people that have a clue give me an idea of whats its worth because you my friend don't have a clue! The car stock with 87,000 on it in good shape is worth more than that. I understand that I will never get out of it what I have into it but the fact that you said $6000 is insulting!
Just a bit harsh since you did have "quick sale" in the title. These types of posts are always tough because owners always feel their car is worth a lot. Not to say that it's completely wrong, but a car is only really worth what someone else(usually someone looking for a great deal) is willing to pay for it. Also, I wouldn't call your car stock. In fact, with all the add-ons, if I was a buyer, I'd bet you'd got on it more than just a few time, which would definitely be a minus in negotiations. So, taking into account the crappy economy, your mods, plus the huge fact that you asked for a quick sale; I'd say you should get about $7.5K in a quick sale, maybe $8.5. However, I would agree that it's worth more. You'd definitely get more if you're willing to wait for the right buyer. One piece of advice, when you do advertise, don't let on that you need/want to sell quickly. Good luck! I actually wish you were selling when I was looking to buy.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

thanks guys and I didnt mean to be harsh about I was just shocked about the reply.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldnt take less than 9k. I wouldnt give more than 8.5k.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Default Reality

Originally Posted by Davey G
No mean to insult you. Just trying to give u reality. I've sold a few cars in my time. So I know how folks think. Here is some examples of car I have sold in here.

This is a great shape z-28 with cold a/c, less miles than yours, more mods than yours and was 2 yrs newer than yours and this was 2 yrs ago. I had to end up leaving my $1200 NOS kit on it and then taking $7500 for it. Had about $15k in parts. It was a 10 second car and had videos to prove it. NADA clean trade in value: $7800, Retail value: $10,000...I got zero dollars for my mods.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...-runs-10s.html

This one is a fair shape Grand National with cold a/c, less miles than yours, more mods than yours, runs low 11's. Had new built engine and about $15k in parts. Ended up taking $10k for it.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...es-modded.html

Not trying to be mean, just giving you what I know.

Last edited by Z-28; 09-29-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Modding
Old 09-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

Something to compare your price to now for sale on LS1 Tech.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...-air-sale.html

Price is now $8000
IT is a 2002, WS-6 Ram-Air TA, 91k miles, factory LS6 intake with 241 casting# heads. T-Tops, monsoon cd player. All stock unmolested except for flowmaster muffler, and a skip-shift eliminator. Interior is perfect. Exterior has clear coat peel.(wouldnt hurt to be painted). Last of the breed. Only thing that dosen't work on car is power antenna. The car is black with black 17x9.5ZR1 rims with like brand new 275/40 ZR17 Nitto NT05 tires. Please pm me for more info very busy schedule. Clean/Clear carfax report, carfax suggest $130 above book value. I would gladly share pictures of report. Via email,or text to cell. I will also send VIN# to anyone that wants to run there own report.
============================================
Here is another to compare:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...ics-video.html
99 Trans Am 452 RWHP M6 Black

The car is a 1999 Trans Am with 452 rwhp. It has over 9k in mods with a six speed manual transmission, t-tops, leather and 12 disc cd changer. There is around 89k on it. The car is originally from Alabama. Its never seen snow. I bought it 100% stock. I have owned it for a year and only put on about 1500 miles on it. It runs and drives great. The a/c blows ice cold. Only serious inquires. Considering trades for car, suv or truck snowmobiles. Let me know what u got. I've got almost all the stock parts less the exhaust and intake. I also have the dyno sheet.
$10,500
=============================================
Another one:
2000 black modified z28
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...ified-z28.html

2000 Z28 Camaro, Black, Built Auto, T-tops. Black cloth interior, AC, power everything. 95k miles, 6.0 motor(LQ4), H/C/I, Built Auto, 3600 Yank Stall, 3.73 gears, 1000 watt sound system, runs 11.60+.
$9,000 obo
=======================================
99 SS: Black, M6, 58K Miles, H/C/I, 12-Bolt, Super Clean, 58k miles
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...per-clean.html

Over $15k in mods
Price: $9,000

Last edited by Z-28; 09-29-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Good Deals

Quick Reply: How much should I ask for a quick sale?