What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 ta

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 ta

Well the wife said she wants a different ride. I tried, but cant talk her out of it. So I'm looking to see what her car is worth. I hope this is in the right place .It's a red 2000 trans am t-top,ls-1,automatic dark gray leather it has 23000 mile's the car is perfect. She is the only person to ever drive this car.The only thing the car needs is a new set of rubber. The tire's that are on it came with it new.There not completely worn out but do to age they should be changed. Any thoughts on value or interest out there?
Thanks Robert
Old 11-16-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Yeah, this belongs in the "What's It Worth" section but in the meantime, until the mods move it, I'll first tell you to have your wife change her mind. Her excellent condition Trans Am with very low mileage will be replaced with what?? The car is worth every bit of $12,000 - $13,000 (minus $600 -$800 for tires) but finding a buyer at this time of year (holiday season) and for that money might be difficult. Check www.kbb.com in your zip code and see what 'private party' values are for your car. If buying another 'used' car you will never get the equivalent car for the money. Let's say you could get $12,000 for the T/A, what will you buy for $12,000 that has such low mileage and be in excellent condition? That would be tough sledding to find that car to say the least. If buying a new 2011 or 2012 car then a trade-in might be your immediate solution as long as you get proper $$ for it. Remember that the dealer will probably throw a $14,000 - $15,000 retail price tag on it on the lot. They have lots of wiggle room off sticker to give you your $12,000 - $13,000. If your wife is adamant about selling, try it yourself, at least for a month anyway. Cash in hand is still king when purchasing a car. Good luck!

**Note: the above price range I mention is for a clean title, clear Carfax, one or two owner car that is basically stock.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Launching!

I say convince your wife in keeping the car, by the way it sounds u have a flawless trans am buddy, good luck on whatever u decide
Old 11-19-2011, 08:43 AM

My sweety has the same vehicle all stock and with 100000 plus on the clock. She dont drive it hard and its still in good shape...SHE WANTS TO BE BURIED IN IT!! While I agree with NC01TA We are starting to replace all the small bs parts to keep it going. Wish we could turn time back 10 years, get smart, and drive it less Sure is fun to drive though

Quick Reply: 2000 ta