What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What's it worth? White '99 SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question What's it worth? White '99 SS

I'm thinking it may be time to finally part ways with my LS1. What do you guys think she's worth?

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS
- 107k miles
- factory white leather interior (drivers seat has seat bottom and bolster tears)
- 6 speed
- Hardtop (could be more desirable to the right person I guess?)

Mods:
- lid
- GMAF
- ASP crank pulley
- American Thunder Flowmaster catback
- LS7 clutch
- Hurst shifter (car didn't come with it originally)
- White hurst 6 spd ****
- Lou's Short Stick

The story:

I bought the car when I was in the Army with 41k miles on it back in 2002. It spent many years sitting in storage through various deployments (military initially then later civilian) and continued to sit in storage when I was working out of state a lot. Most of the miles I've put on are highway, but I've absolutely enjoyed the hell out of the car's performance so I won't pretend it's been babied either.

The car was stripped way down and repainted back in 2006/2007. Pics are in the links below. They did a decent job, but the front body panels don't line up quite perfectly and they didn't understand how to paint the roof on these things so it has bubble thing going on where it feels smooth but you sometimes see imperfections beneath the paint.

I finally started using it for a daily driver since it's not worth a whole lot and doing some of the various work it needed to freshen it up some.

The new:
- Plugs/wires
- rear shocks
- service rear diff and replace rear pinion seal
- replace trans output seal while the driveline was out for the rear pinion seal

Locally it's mainly V6 4th gen Camaro's and the dealers seem to want $6k+ for all of them. That seems ridiculously high given what kbb and nada say mine is worth.

LOOOOOTS of pictures on these three links:

(pics of her stripped down and disassembled here)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...oing-hurt.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...6k-beware.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...nally-sun.html

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Tom
Old 05-23-2012, 07:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 451 Likes on 326 Posts

First off, ignore the asking prices from dealers. If they find suckers for their 6 cylinder cars, then good for them. Generally these LS1 cars do not sell for more than $8,000 once they hit 6 figures in mileage. A few exceptions here and there under different circumstances, but not many. You can certainly feel comfortable asking $8,000 in your ad but expect less. Hopefuly you can get $7,000 out of it if no title problems or Carfax issues. It certainly looks nice. If you don't get any calls, lower the price slowly until you hit that price point when you start getting some inquiries. GLWS!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it really depends on where you're at. Regional prices can vary and a clean, un-messed with SS in this area (Houston area) will easily draw the book. There are a lot of cars here that have been modded, but try finding an original that has not been. Not easy. I've lived here 9 years, owned 4 different camaros (97-00) and I watch the market around here all the time. If you were here I think your car would sell for $8k pretty quickly. Very nice looking ride. If you were around the corner from me I'd buy it from you today for the book value.

Quick Reply: What's it worth? White '99 SS