What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Broken 04 V, what's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
it takes a man to apoligize, especially on the net.. so you sir are a stand up guy in my book.
it is sad, seems now a days nobody wants to work for a living...they either collect from the tax payers or scam people out of their money. this world is getting more ruthless everyday

And if any you guys need a Autocheck or Carfax on something . Let me know.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
it is sad, seems now a days nobody wants to work for a living...they either collect from the tax payers or scam people out of their money. this world is getting more ruthless everyday
love this world!
Old 06-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kciaccio. I have worked at dealerships for 30 years and most peeps have no clue about how things are when it comes to cars, Buying, selling or repairs. They just think we are thieves becuase they dont have a clue. I have tried to give peeps advice on here too, but they just want to argue and think they know it all. Dont waste your time.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Launching!

Thanks man, maybe you are right. It was worth a try..

At least I got to give a member a Carfax for his car today because of this thread. At least I helped someone out.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kciaccio
I feel bad about that and the situation he is in with that car.
thanks boo.

a little update (while you guys were raging, i was working)

start:

ended up doing my pillars black in the mean time, as a side project to get me to calm down from the frustration of pulling my engine (which was early and often)

after a few minutes of wrestling, i ended up with this:

little mark on the valve, not sure if it was from pulling it off, or what... didn't look like anything happened to the piston at all on the spot, also the valve still seals (at least visibly), and didn't look bent.

this was in my oil pan, but no connecting rods seem loose. got tired and gave up for the night and will continue later this week. i still need to pull the harmonic balancer and get the timing cover off to inspect the cam, but from peeking in the lifter holes, it all looks fine, as did the lifters.

there's what i was going to/am going to buy assuming my block is FUBAR, although I was going to swap out the Moly rings for stock, and get forged pistons.

Last edited by RADEoN; 06-17-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Working hard I see...Not too bad.

Quick Reply: Broken 04 V, what's it worth?