What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Worth of 2002 Trans Am M6 NBM

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Worth of 2002 Trans Am M6 NBM

Looking to sell my car, not really a choice but need to figure out pricing any insight is appreciated.

It has mods, good mods, if I can demod it I will but it may not be able to do that with my time table (figure I mention that)

Car:

2002 Pontiac Trans Am (non WS.6)
- 2nd owner
- 47,000 miles
- M6 trans zero issues (Tick Perf Master & Textraila OZ-700 Z grip clutch)
- 3" steel DS (Denny's)
- Moser 12 Bolt 4.10's Tru trac
- Corsa Cat back
- Dynatech Headers (Stainless) and Catted Y
- Vengence VRx4 cam 228/230
- Dyno 386 rwhp (gotta chk the tq) but inline with a cam only 12 bolt car
- NBM paint with Taupe leather int.
- All options except WS.6 and CD changer
- QA1 R Series Front Shocks
- QA1 10 Way Rear Shocks
- BMR Weld in SFC's, Rear LCA's, and Pan Hard rod
- BMR TQ arm relocation kit w/ Adj TQ arm
- UMI Drag rear bar
- UMI D/S Loop
- Stock Hurst Shifter
- US Exotics WS.9 Hood (perfectly aligned see pics)
- Raptor Shift light
- SLP Line lock
- SLP Lid
- SLP Under Drive Pulley
- Earlier WS.6 17" Rims
- New front tires

** Car went low 12's before any suspension work; will mention there is virtually very little weight reduction and I am a heavy person so with all that get someone 130-150 lbs and your going 2-3 tenths faster easy without accounting for air quality change of a better track

I am sure I am missing stuff but the only other things It would "need" persay.

Rear tires (has worn nittos)
Front bumper has a flex in the paint (hit and run), just enough to flex it nothing else.
Tru trac has the a typical chatter

I also professionally detail so the car would be buffed perfectly and shined up very nice so to say I would not be showing a dirty car.

Title in hand.
- Also have window sticker.

Like said I may demod what I can so maybe a guess as the car sits and one de modded. and IF de modded I would leave things like the cam in there.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 08-01-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: added more stuff
Old 08-01-2012, 05:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 503 Likes on 363 Posts

The T/A sure looks nice in the photo. That will work in your favor obviously. It will still be a rather tough car to sell if leaving some of the mods (like the cam) in there. These modded T/A's are bringing no more than 'private party' pricing right now but your low miles will certainly help. I would look up www.kbb.com in your zip code and see what a 'good' condition T/A is bringing up there in CT. Make sure you punch in the low mileage. Of course add a few hundred (at least) to allow for negotiations. I know many owners don't like the low pricing that KBB shows but unfortunately it is pretty darn accurate right now. They are mostly 'off' on the low mileage stock examples. If serious about selling I would try www.autotrader.com first (about $35 for a few months) or if you don't mind 'tire kickers and lowballers', ebay. Ebay does charge a nasty fee though if the car sells. I know it was $125 the last time I looked but I haven't used them in over 6 months now. It could be different. CL is a waste of time IMO and open for all kinds of bad 'apples' .
GLWS!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks and I hear you on using those sites.

I also have access to NADA which came out to 13,100 clean retail and the milage def gave it a bump in value. KBB Valued it higher at 14,000 and I did input Very good in condition.

The bumper is honestly the only thing that would need attention and a respray is not that much so knock off 500$ which is generous. $300 for tires and just call it 1k off what I would ask.

Think the car would get de modded as much as I can as I would lose my *** and I refuse that. Just need to start picking up stock stuff I dont have.

Poked around auto trader.

Zip 06492 and got 13 hits with in 100 mi and some nice cars, some looking to command $$$ mostly WS.6 and v6's but that seems to be priced within reason of what I was thinking.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 08-02-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 503 Likes on 363 Posts

No problem. I agree about selling the mods separately. It seems like the way to go with your car, if you have the time and energy. Always keep in mind that the prices we all see are asking prices. Make yours stand out in comparison when you list your ad. NADA is a good guide as well but 'clean retail' is applicable to dealerships, not real world 'private party' sales. Not usually anyway. Price it right in order to get the calls. No sense in having it blend in with the other cars for sale, especially with the number of cars in your area alone.

Quick Reply: Worth of 2002 Trans Am M6 NBM