What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

stock 10-bolt and aluminum driveshaft 2002 camaro ss

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default stock 10-bolt and aluminum driveshaft 2002 camaro ss

have I think 50 something thousand miles on my 2002 camaro, I am original owner. Replacing rear with a strange s60 this fall along with driveshaft.
What's the oem 10-bolt and aluminum driveshaft with trans yoke worth?

It has the torsen differential, 3.42 ratio. It also has reluctor rings on the axle, the car has traction control. Car has never been to the track.
Pinion seal was replaced by dealer years ago, around 10k miles i think, and I think that job finally caught up to it. Rear always used to hum at 65 mph but was quiet every other speed, now it howls all the time especially on deceleration down to 20mph. Pretty sure it needs a new ring & pinion at least, I have little reason to suspect the torsen is bad.

So I would like to get rid of a complete 10-bolt, you could technically just bolt it in to yours if you don't mind the noise. Not sure yet whether i will need to remove the brake backing plates and reluctor rings off the axles, all depends if i can get the S60 with that installed and whether i have to send mine in as cores.

Quick Reply: stock 10-bolt and aluminum driveshaft 2002 camaro ss