What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Do higher mileage CETA's have any value to them?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 03:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do higher mileage CETA's have any value to them?

Ive been looking into that lately, but havent been able to find any around my area. I am in South California.

Any that i come across by have 10-40K miles and are ridiculously priced by the dealer or owners, especially 6 speeds...

I mean, what would be an expected value price for a 6 speed CETA with around 100K miles and very good condition (clean title)? I am asking this is because my brother is looking to buy one...

Thanx
Old 02-25-2013, 08:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 447 Likes on 323 Posts

Once the CETA cars hit 100,000 miles the collectible value is almost completely removed. You can even see that trend at www.kbb.com. as well. A 100,000 miles 2002 WS6 compared in price to a 100,000 miles 2002 CETA is almost the same value, as it should be. Things will start to wear and break down on these 6 figure mileage cars, even one owner cars that were maintained properly. If your brother is adamant about getting one of these cars he will probably be in the $11,000 - $12,000 price range. Expect more $$ outlay for repairs on top of that within one year. I'm not being negative, but quite realistic.
I sure would not pay that much money for a high mileage CETA when you can get a really decent one owner Trans Am with half that mileage for the same price. Something to think about.

Quick Reply: Do higher mileage CETA's have any value to them?