What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 MMM z28 26k miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 MMM z28 26k miles

Posted before and spring is coming up so I want an accurate estimate. 2002 z28 , automatic, Monterey Maroon Metallic. SLP LID Brand new corvette c6 z06 wheels with new tires bought of oewheelsllc. They have never even been on the car. I'm the second owner of my car and it stills smells nice Cosmetically I would rate it a 9/10. What's it worth?
Old 03-22-2013, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id start at 15,000$ if it was mine
Old 03-22-2013, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i had my 2 owner 2000 camaro ss with 16k miles up for sale the best offer i got was 14,000.00 if that helps you
Old 03-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

I still owe some on the car looking to get a 6 speed. I want to get a minimum of 14k. There is someone I know with a SGM 1998 z28 ground effects 6 speed loaded, with 38k it hasn't been started in a while though.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rated Z
I still owe some on the car looking to get a 6 speed. I want to get a minimum of 14k. There is someone I know with a SGM 1998 z28 ground effects 6 speed loaded, with 38k it hasn't been started in a while though.
being only a Z28 auto car , your prob going to get around 11k-12k for it .
Old 03-23-2013, 09:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

Really nice low miles. You sure you want to sell?
Your hope for $14,000 is possible provided the car is truly in 'very good to excellent' condition. That means no issues at all for a 2002 Z28 with those miles. Clean title and Carfax are a must. $14,000 is going to show being over most price guide values so 'lookers' won't be rushing to see your car. However, those low miles will be a real plus for many. This is when premiums get involved. Normally these premiums apply to 'stock' examples with one or two owners. There wouldn't be a huge premium for your car but maybe enough to get you that $14,000. All you can do is try. GLWS!!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dickie-311
being only a Z28 auto car , your prob going to get around 11k-12k for it .
Hopefully the new tires and wheels, plus it being very well taken care of and the goodies it comes with... help that price out also because it was the rarest color made that year. I sure hope all of this helps get me a little more. If it was smoked in and still had the stock wheels and factory tires (which I still have) and was a common color, black,red,silver. I would look to get about 11-12k.

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Your hope for $14,000 is possible provided the car is truly in 'very good to excellent' condition. That means no issues at all for a 2002 Z28 with those miles. Clean title and Carfax are a must. $14,000 is going to show being over most price guide values so 'lookers' won't be rushing to see your car. However, those low miles will be a real plus for many. This is when premiums get involved. Normally these premiums apply to 'stock' examples with one or two owners. There wouldn't be a huge premium for your car but maybe enough to get you that $14,000. All you can do is try. GLWS!!
No I'm actually not sure, to be honest I want a 6 speed F-body, Like I said My dad has an old friend who has a SGM z28 m6. It has about 39k on it but it hasn't been started in 5 years. It has however been sitting under a car port in AZ. Sun doesn't hit it and it's rust free. However I may downgrade to something more fuel efficient for college. Any who Car fax is in fact clean (check out the picture). I keep well maintained records on the car, even receipts for cleaning products purchased for the car. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails 2002 MMM z28 26k miles-ls1.jpg  
Old 04-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Why can't I sell this?
Old 04-13-2013, 06:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Rated Z
Why can't I sell this?
I think my previous answer says it all. It isn't a car people are rushing out to buy at a price 'over book', plus the buyer's market is very limited. Are there more mods than you are letting on? That will kill 'over book' sales. It rarely happens. You are also competing with many other sellers as well. Sometimes you just don't get that 'premium' you desire. I'm sure the car is worth every penny of $14,000 but that doesn't mean you will get it. My T/A is worth in the 'high teens' as far as I'm concerned, with rather low miles, but I know I can't even get $15,000 for it. That's why I try not to mislead any sellers on here. These cars are not easy to sell for the prices they deserve. Again, all you can do is try, and be patient.
Let's attack this on another front. Where are you trying to sell it? I hope not CL. When I look for cars I don't even look there. Many serious buyers are like me. Autotrader has been good for me recently both selling and buying, and way better than ebay. I haven't seen your ad but make sure your ad is both positive and accurate. Stress the clean title and two-owner clear Carfax. Present a professional ad with good photos and proper spelling and structure. I've seen ads so poorly represented that I don't even call. Is your ad OK?? It probably is fine if it is like your initial post on 3/22.
** As I stated in another post I won't be able to follow-up on this if you have any other concerns. I'll be away from the computer for a bit.
I wish you the best!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

I think my previous answer says it all. It isn't a car people are rushing out to buy at a price 'over book', plus the buyer's market is very limited. Are there more mods than you are letting on? That will kill 'over book' sales. It rarely happens. You are also competing with many other sellers as well. Sometimes you just don't get that 'premium' you desire. I'm sure the car is worth every penny of $14,000 but that doesn't mean you will get it. My T/A is worth in the 'high teens' as far as I'm concerned, with rather low miles, but I know I can't even get $15,000 for it. That's why I try not to mislead any sellers on here. These cars are not easy to sell for the prices they deserve. Again, all you can do is try, and be patient.
Let's attack this on another front. Where are you trying to sell it? I hope not CL. When I look for cars I don't even look there. Many serious buyers are like me. Autotrader has been good for me recently both selling and buying, and way better than ebay. I haven't seen your ad but make sure your ad is both positive and accurate. Stress the clean title and two-owner clear Carfax. Present a professional ad with good photos and proper spelling and structure. I've seen ads so poorly represented that I don't even call. Is your ad OK?? It probably is fine if it is like your initial post on 3/22.
** As I stated in another post I won't be able to follow-up on this if you have any other concerns. I'll be away from the computer for a bit.
I wish you the best!
I just mainly have it posted on here. I'm actually deciding on what I want to do. Sell it and get a ws6 or SS. Or get something practical, I also thought about a c5 vette I heard that the insurance is cheaper. Is this true? I don't know I'm going off to college soon and I'm not sure what to do.

Quick Reply: 2002 MMM z28 26k miles