What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

hats this 2002 firehawk worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hats this 2002 firehawk worth?

im looking at buying a 2002 nbm fire hawk with 60k miles 6 speed black interior. i can get it for around 10k is this a good deal? the guy says there is no problem other than it needs new tires. thanks

by the way sorry for the title. It is supposed to say Whats this 2002 fire hawk worth?
Old 03-17-2014, 03:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a good deal just from what you said. Do you have any other details? That car has pretty low miles and it's rare so a price that low has me suspicious.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robbie that seems fair, have u looked at it?
Old 03-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Teching In

he said tires are bad and he said he replaced the clutch a a few months ago the only mod the car has is a different intake lid. and the only problem he has told me so far is that the door cards are cracked on both sides. I have not been able to look at it yet since i live in central il and he lives in southern tn. so when i go to look at it i don't want to come back empty handed. i asked if the title is clean and he says it is and i asked if the miles are original and he said to the best of his knowledge. so if i was to buy id do a car fax on it first he says car does not leak any fluids and is in great shape. im hoping it turns out to be a nice car.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by robbiejaegle
he said tires are bad and he said he replaced the clutch a a few months ago the only mod the car has is a different intake lid. and the only problem he has told me so far is that the door cards are cracked on both sides. I have not been able to look at it yet since i live in central il and he lives in southern tn. so when i go to look at it i don't want to come back empty handed. i asked if the title is clean and he says it is and i asked if the miles are original and he said to the best of his knowledge. so if i was to buy id do a car fax on it first
Nice being willing to travel, but aggravating also LMAO
Old 03-17-2014, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Do a carfax first before you drive down there and waste your time.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Teching In

I am defiantly going to car fax it before i go to buy im hoping he will meet me at the southern Illinois border.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Hard to tell without more info. The Carfax will tell you the number of owners and a little history on the car so you can tell us. I also hope the seller has provided at least a dozen photos. If not, ask him to before you go there. I usually request 20+ photos on every angle of the car. Good sellers will do that. I do. Also get details about the clutch work. Was it done by a reputable shop? Receipts?
Help us help you with such an important purchase.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Soon as I get more information il post it on hear
Old 03-18-2014, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Il post a picture of it today tho
Old 03-18-2014, 12:31 PM
Teching In

This is one of the pictures that he sent me, also last night he told me that on the inside of one of the rims the chrome is pitting. He says there is no air leaks but the tires are bad. He says wire is not showing but there is not much tread left. I might be driving this car back from tn to central il so i want to make sure the tires are safe to drive on.

By the way i plan on getting BF g-Force T/A KDW 2 for the car, if i buy it is this a good tire? if not what is i dont want to spend to much but it looks like a cool tire thanks
Attached Thumbnails hats this 2002 firehawk worth?-img_7430.jpg  
Old 03-18-2014, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I gotta say I haven't seen many blue hawks, I hope he is getting u better pics that that thou, Really I cannot believe how hard it is to get good info and pics from some sellers, some guys have just got me so frustrated,
Old 03-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Teching In

i mean the car is not listed his buddy messaged me on Facebook and told me this guy had this for sale so to my knowledge this car is not listed anywhere. when i was texting him he kind of acted aggravated that i was asking so many questions. he was not rude but i felt as if he was annoyed that i was asking him questions. I'm located probably over 6 hours away so if i make this drive i do not want to find out that i wasted my time and money on this. i also asked him if he would meet me to Illinois border to sell the car and i don't think that he will. that would help out alot with the time and driving also i do not want to drive the car with out plates that far in illinois the DMV told me that i got 48 hours to plate it after purchasing the car, im not sure how it is in ky, and tn.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:00 AM
Teching In

10k for a 2002 firehawk with 60k miles is a steal if the transmission is in good condition and if it has a clean title. Usually for that kind of milage your looking at the 12,500-15,000 price range.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:46 AM
TECH Junkie

I'm not encouraged by what I'm hearing so far. Sellers should be 'tickled' to talk with potential buyers, not indicating an attitude. I understand not driving the car to meet you but photos and cooperation are no brainers.
Ref the tires, yes the BFG would be a fine choice.
The license plate laws vary state to state. Having a signed bill of sale with the date will let you skate 99% of the time. You can also get a temporary tag from your DMV. They will need the VIN and full info on the car most likely. I've always brought my own license plate any time I have purchased a car from another state. Having the signed title and that bill of sale is legal every place I have traveled. My last venture was from Pittsburgh to NC in my Aero. No problems. The odds of being stopped and also running into an a$$ of a cop is minimal. Even if stopped for speeding or whatever, politeness and paperwork triumph most every time. "Yes sir, I just bought the car and here is all the paperwork."
Old 03-20-2014, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Robbie,

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...383552239.html
Old 03-25-2014, 09:18 AM
Teching In

had the carfax done and it turns out that the car has had 6 owners. the last odometer reading was done back in 2010 when the 4th owner bought it and it had over 136k miles on it! i texted the guy and told him and all he had to say was ok. when i talked to him on the phone a few weeks ago i asked him if the 60k miles were original and he said "Thats what the odometer says and to the best of my knowledge yes"....
Old 03-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Teching In

If I were you I would go for one of those attractive Formula Firehawks on Firehawk.net, they are more rare than a t/a Firehawk in 99-02. Hard-top vs t-tops, majority of the time you will probably keep the t-tops on because it is too much of a pain to deal with. At least that is how it is for me. I typically want to take off the t-tops, but don't do so. I only take t-tops off on long trips when it is sunny out.

They are going for a good price compared to most firehawks. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:04 PM
Teching In

They are pretty nice I just really love the way the front end of a Trans am looks but thank you for your advice
Old 03-26-2014, 10:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by robbiejaegle
had the carfax done and it turns out that the car has had 6 owners. the last odometer reading was done back in 2010 when the 4th owner bought it and it had over 136k miles on it! i texted the guy and told him and all he had to say was ok. when i talked to him on the phone a few weeks ago i asked him if the 60k miles were original and he said "Thats what the odometer says and to the best of my knowledge yes"....
...and this why you have to do serious homework on any car you think about buying. Good job Robbie

Quick Reply: hats this 2002 firehawk worth?