What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1997 WS6 Southern Car, Fresh Paint, Mint Interior, What Is It Worth??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 04:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1997 WS6 Southern Car, Fresh Paint, Mint Interior, What Is It Worth??

145k miles.

Pretty much stock 97 WS6. Rust free southern car, fresh paint job (10/10 no hack job BS) non stock color [Audi Nogero Blue, everything but the bay (black) painted], interior is NICE, no cracks in dash, no stains in carpet, headliner brand new, no tears in seats. Aftermarket bluetooth headunit, new 6.5s all around.

Excellent mechanical shape, newer brakes, ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. New AC Delco monotube rear shocks, new engine gaskets all around, trans (auto) shifts well, mail order tune, 99+ torsen rearend, flowmaster muffler.

A nice inside and out/ top to bottom, stock, get in and drive, AC blows cold, solid no rattles no wind noise, higher mileage car... Will it pull any premium?

I have a daughter on the way and a few too many toys on my hands. The car I described above doesn't exist in reality at the moment... The jambs are edged in, its ready for paint, most of the rest of the description is accurate, besides it needing a few slow oil leaks addressed, etc.

Im torn between finishing it and selling it how I envisioned it (minus the L92/Strano suspension setup I had planned , or selling it to someone as a project car as is. IE: Im no going to put 2k more into it to finish it so I can sell it for 4k instead of 2k... Now if I can pull a little profit (even if small), Im willing to spend the time this winter and finish it up so another f body lives on... It just seems like no one wants to pay for a nice LT1 car, everybody want to find these 2-3k craigslist deals for a sweet (ragged out) f body..

Has anybody here got GOOD money for a GOOD car lately or is the high side of KBB ($3,600) really all Im going to get for a practically restored f body these days? Should I say F it and put this thing on CL for a grand or two and save my time...?

I planned on making this a fun summer DD and hanging onto it for a long time, my girl wasn't supposed to be able to have children, couple years later we've found out that was false! Im excited for the little one on the way, but need to rearrange some things in my life soon! Don't worry fellas, Im not getting rid of ALL of my toys, just trimming the fat lol!

Sooo, any opinions would be appreciated.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Anything that has been upgraded/replaced and doesn't have 145K miles on it is a plus and worth a premium. Though regardless of what you do the engine and trans still have 145K miles which essentially drives the price. A quality paint job in a non-standard color (Audi?) is probably tossing some money away. It's one thing to try a different '97 GM color used on these cars....but going to a different brand altogether could seriously limit your pool of buyers. It seems like the car is going to get sold. In that case I don't know if I'd even paint it (primer only). Leave all that (and suspension) for the next customizer.

Last edited by Firebrian; 10-06-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Quick Reply: 1997 WS6 Southern Car, Fresh Paint, Mint Interior, What Is It Worth??