What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1998 Trans Am (Gold) 94k Miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1998 Trans Am (Gold) 94k Miles

Unfortunately, I have been kind of removed from the LS world for a while so do not even know where to really start. She does not get driven near enough which is why I am considering selling as she deserves to be on the road more. Therefore, any feedback on what she is worth is greatly appreciated.

The car is a 1998 Gold Trans Am (Automatic) with approximately 94,000 miles on it:
Built up transmission with tci 3500 stall
Hooker longtubes and offroad y pipe
MTI clear lid
3.73 gears in the rear end
Weld in sub-frame connectors
Boxed lower control arms
Lower control arm relocation brackets
Strut tower brace
160 degree thermostat
Slotted rotors

The car drives extremely strong with no mechanical issues at all. Just put in new plugs as well. A while back she was dyno tuned by Mike Norris. Last time I took her to the track which was when I was in high school she ran in the high twelves.

The interior is okay with a tear in the passenger side seat, but no cracks in the dash or anything.

Over the years I have replaced window motors and headlight motors.

The a/c does not work.

Things that could be sold with the car are an extra rear end and set of Mickey Thompson street slicks on stock rims.
Attached Thumbnails 1998 Trans Am (Gold) 94k Miles-20150505_185406-1-.jpg  

Last edited by greenalien00; 05-05-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Somewhat similar to the purple '98 with 90K miles posted by EVEL (sp?) and sold here about a year ago for $8K. That car was very, very well done up and fairly fresh. And purple is scarcer and more eye popping than the SGM. Maybe in the $6K to $8K range for someone really hot on finding a Pontiac in SGM. With the higher mileage and mods I'd only figure a 10-15% premium for the SGM. Looks very nice in the photo.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:20 AM
12 Second Club

Firebrain, thank you so much for the feedback.

I think if those numbers are accurate it is time to sell her. I really hate to see her go but, its time for her to move on to someone that has more time to be able to enjoy. I will float an ad in the classified section and see if there are any bites.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

GLWS Greenalien00.

Expect the typical tire kickers in the $3K to $5K range. Not saying I couldn't have over-estimated at $6K to $8K.....but you will get the "what's the least you would take" or "would $3K in cash right now buy it" types no matter what you do. Don't let that stuff discourage you. It comes with selling any car. If it's been a Florida car all its life at least it hasn't had to deal with cold weather, salt, snow, etc. Of course, sometimes those beach cars can rust as well. If you can find out what's wrong with the A/C that might help you. If it's just a LP line, or some O-rings, you could get by with $200 or less. At least take it in for a pressure/dye check. If the next buyer wants to mod the car further, then A/C may not matter to them.

Last edited by Firebrian; 05-07-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:34 PM
12 Second Club

I have her posted on the Florida classifieds:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-c...94k-miles.html

and on the vehicle classifieds:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...l#post18793346

Quick Reply: 1998 Trans Am (Gold) 94k Miles