What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

I have a 2000 6.0 liter vortech complete pcm/harness/acc, what's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I have a 2000 6.0 liter vortech complete pcm/harness/acc, what's it worth?

Truck was fleet maintained and did highway travel/truck repair. It was a 5spd, equipped with no tow hitch, rad hoses, belts always changed on a schedule, not only when wear was apparent. Motor ran perfectly, great oil pressure, etc. 251k miles on it.

I used the truck temporarily as a shop truck, but the interior and body aren't as clean as I'd like (dings/dents) so I've decided to part it out. I'm considering keeping the engine setup for a project ahead, but thought maybe it'd be wiser of me to put the money back in play. I've never sold one of these though, so not sure what's a reasonable SALE price versus the random asking prices I've seen. I am also aware everyone gets "deals" on that random engine that defies common market pricing, so that's not what I'm looking for either. What's the AVERAGE for a complete, pcm/key/pedal/harness/accessories/brackets/etc 6.0?

Also, does the rear end have any value to any crowd besides the truck people?
Old 04-19-2016, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I buy and sell engines fairly regularly. In my area, that would be worth maybe $500 on a good day. Too many miles on it to bring anything more.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Come on....can I get a real answer here...anyone?
Old 04-20-2016, 07:43 AM
Teching In

I think the 251K miles is going to scare most people off, unless it is sold cheaply enough to be a core. I don't deal in anything late model, so I have no experience.

My son's 5.3 decided to eat a camshaft lobe at 260K, and we looked at a website that had inventory from numerous junk yards detailing the engine and how many miles were on it. I don't remember the website, but you can look it up and see how they are pricing similar engines with high miles.

Quick Reply: I have a 2000 6.0 liter vortech complete pcm/harness/acc, what's it worth?