Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Sumitomo HTRZ III tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im also looking for some tires and I have been looking at the Sumitomo HTRZ III & the FALKEN FX 452. I also am looking for these sizes 285/35/18 rears and 275/35/18 fronts. The Falkens are about the same price. Has anyone had any dealings with this tires either. This have a treadwear rating of 300, Temp is a A, Traction is a A, and the speed rating is either a Z or Y different sites say different speed rating. I would also love to see this tires especially from the rear in these sizes. Either tire.

If this Picture isn't big sorry I dont know how to make the picture big like the ones above.
Attached Thumbnails Sumitomo HTRZ III tires-falken-fx-452.jpg  
Old 02-22-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

I am running the Htrz and I love them in the twistes and they handle good but at the track I just blow them off at the right punch I spin them at 50-60mph though Its only been about 50degrees tops since I have my new transmission in

I bought these because of price and they were recommened by a few ppl, Def better than the fusion Zris that were on the car when I got it

You can see the tread pretty good in this pic to
Old 02-22-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have the HTRZ +s
Completely different tire, and the HTRZ 2s and 3s are better performing. Not sure about the HTRZs though
Old 04-21-2009, 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbyd
the
Sumitomo HTRZ is the only one that yo can get on a size 315?
Correct.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
Okays Guys. Seems like alot of you really got these sumis messed up.
Only post on here that talks about the tire the OP asked about..

For ****'s sake people... EVERY company makes cheap tires that aren't very good for a performance app.

I have the Z3's in 275/40-17 on my T/A, but only have about 250 miles on them. They hold my 400hp/400tq pretty well in 2nd gear (4.10's) (they spin ever so slightly if the road surface isn't perfect) in a straight line.

They don't squeal much when pushed in a corner, and lateral grip is as good as you need on any street car.

Not too noisy, either. Can't comment on rain performance, but they have pretty big channels though, so I'd imagine they're going to be decent.

Don't listen to ANY of these other "stories" if they're not speaking directly about the Z3's. I run Kumho all-season's before, but that doesn't mean that the excellent XS tire doesn't grip either.

For the price, I don't think they can be beat.

Quick Reply: Sumitomo HTRZ III tires