Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Narrowed Rear With Fat Lipped Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sstg
since he used the guys pic in the first post, im going to assume yes!

you know what i think of the RPMs!

if you are wanting a it more custom..

get a set of 18" RPMs.. powder coat the spokes/center whatever color you want and leave the lip polished.. then get them widened to a 10.5 or whatever you want out back.. nobody else will have them!

(the 18X9 and 18X8 setup without tires is 600 bucks for the RPMs if you are curious..)
Old 08-19-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=lemons12;12096498]since he used the guys pic in the first post, im going to assume yes!

I know that. Now there for sale.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
Well **** LOL I didn't like them anyway

Well hurry up and get the 18s and sell me yours for cheap I may end up with the TT2s, but I just don't like the stepped lip and they down't have the look I'm going for. I'm trying to find a "pro-touring" type wheel, CCW makes some badass looking wheels but I can't find their website, fikse are sweet, but really expensive, Iforge I can't find any prices, and theres more but they are all too much for me.

I have some time and I'm planning on running 2" spacers with my wheels until I can afford to get customs, but wheel spacers kind of scare me, especially when their 2" thick and my car is making over 400 RWHP

But you narrowed you rear 2.5" per side correct? What backspacing did you end up with and how wide is the wheel? I'm only going 2" per side and am trying to figure out what backspacing I need for a 10.5 or 11" wheel
My rims are for sale for the right price

This winter would be the time to sell them too so you let me know when your ready and I will shoot you a price.
But my Rear end is narrowed 2.25 each side and the rear wheel is 17x12 with a 5'' backspacing. I agree with the stepped lip I wanted it to be totally flat but you have to buy them in 20'' or bigger to get them without a stepped lip.

Here is the website of CCW http://www.ccwheel.com/files/home.php There wheels are top of the line as well but cost as you may know.

I mean without a TT2 and or a Drag wheel your gonna be paying about 2500-3k for a set of wheels in 17 or 18''. I kinda did what you were thinking I got my rear wheels first then when I went to order the fronts I had to wait because they were on back order so I rode around on the stockers for about 3 months until I got them so if you can't afford them all at once get the rears atleast. I Also recommend Chrome no polished.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
My rims are for sale for the right price

This winter would be the time to sell them too so you let me know when your ready and I will shoot you a price.
But my Rear end is narrowed 2.25 each side and the rear wheel is 17x12 with a 5'' backspacing. I agree with the stepped lip I wanted it to be totally flat but you have to buy them in 20'' or bigger to get them without a stepped lip.

Here is the website of CCW http://www.ccwheel.com/files/home.php There wheels are top of the line as well but cost as you may know.

I mean without a TT2 and or a Drag wheel your gonna be paying about 2500-3k for a set of wheels in 17 or 18''. I kinda did what you were thinking I got my rear wheels first then when I went to order the fronts I had to wait because they were on back order so I rode around on the stockers for about 3 months until I got them so if you can't afford them all at once get the rears atleast. I Also recommend Chrome no polished.
This winter is when I should have some money I'll deffinately be in touch with you. That way I don't have to wait on wheels and someday when I'm rich and famous I can get a set like I really want to. I just really can't justify spending $3k+ when thats all my car is worth if that makes sense LOL

But how the hell did you get 17x12s? Last I heard you got 11s. And I don't think my rear being 1/4" wider will make that much difference will it? Or will they stick out past the fender a touch? I'll have to go back and look at your pics

why do you say no thats not going to happen?
But I don't want to run 15s, my car is driven on the street, not at the track and I don't honestly care for the big n littles look although some cars do a badass job pulling it off.

And yes I saw that they were for sale, I'm actually trying to talk him out of selling them because I feel that those wheels make that car, nothing against him wanting a drag setup but I personally just love that car the way it sits and he is doing a kickass job bringing it back from the dead
Old 08-20-2009, 06:06 AM
11 Second Club

This winter is when I should have some money I'll deffinately be in touch with you. That way I don't have to wait on wheels and someday when I'm rich and famous I can get a set like I really want to. I just really can't justify spending $3k+ when thats all my car is worth if that makes sense LOL

But how the hell did you get 17x12s? Last I heard you got 11s. And I don't think my rear being 1/4" wider will make that much difference will it? Or will they stick out past the fender a touch? I'll have to go back and look at your pics

But I don't want to run 15s, my car is driven on the street, not at the track and I don't honestly care for the big n littles look although some cars do a badass job pulling it off.

And yes I saw that they were for sale, I'm actually trying to talk him out of selling them because I feel that those wheels make that car, nothing against him wanting a drag setup but I personally just love that car the way it sits and he is doing a kickass job bringing it back from the dead
Yeah I had two different sets. I sold the 17x11's because I didn't like how they tucked inside the fender so I went with a custom set of 17x12's and added more backspacing so I didn't have to mini tub or BFH the inner fender. The Rear wheel sits even with the fender by measurements it sits 1/4'' outside of it but nothing noticable by eye if you ask me.

This one you can see the tire doesnt stick out too far at all.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That deep of a dish looks retarded, IMO of course. :shrug:
Old 08-20-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02blackws679ta
That deep of a dish looks retarded, IMO of course. :shrug:
Too Bad for you Everyone has their opinion man, I personally love the look of staggered deep dish wheels and thats what I'm working on for my car.

But which pic are you talking about? The first few of the last couple?
Old 08-20-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

SmokedoutZ

How much did you narrow your rear? 2.25 per side? Or 2.25 total? Cause with my rear being 2" narrower per side they would probably stick out 1/2" unless I get different axles.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:35 PM
11 Second Club

SmokedoutZ

How much did you narrow your rear? 2.25 per side? Or 2.25 total? Cause with my rear being 2" narrower per side they would probably stick out 1/2" unless I get different axles.
2.25 each side for a total of 4.50 inches.

And with the 5'' backspacing they would sit about 3/4'' out further then a standard TT2 on a non narrowed rear end. You would definitely see the difference.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

2.25 each side for a total of 4.50 inches.

And with the 5'' backspacing they would sit about 3/4'' out further then a standard TT2 on a non narrowed rear end. You would definitely see the difference.
Ok, well I have a few different options for axles since I will be going to an 8.8 with a mini ladder setup. I can use fox body axles to get it a little bit narrower or use 94+ axles and then would be exactly 4" narrower than a stock rear.

I'll have to see how everything works out, but if I go with a 2" narrowed rear I don't think the wheels would work out.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:02 AM
10 Second Club

Those 17x12's look sick Smockedout!!
Old 08-22-2009, 06:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like deep dish, just not THAT deep.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:30 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADBOYZ28
Those 17x12's look sick Smockedout!!
Ahhh I'm sure yours will look sick too
Old 08-22-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for off the shelf wheels, couldn't you run 3rd gen wheels since our 10 bolts are 2 inches narrower on each side?

You could look into places like Boze forged and True Forged as well for different styles. I know True Forged has a set that looks like those RPM wheels and you can get them in any size you want. I have the TF Mach 5s and they are incredible looking wheels.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Correct me if I'm wrong, but for off the shelf wheels, couldn't you run 3rd gen wheels since our 10 bolts are 2 inches narrower on each side?

You could look into places like Boze forged and True Forged as well for different styles. I know True Forged has a set that looks like those RPM wheels and you can get them in any size you want. I have the TF Mach 5s and they are incredible looking wheels.
I'll look into them. Thanks for the suggestions.

But smokedoutz I don't think your wheels would work for my setup I'd have to get fox axles and special disks to make everything work out since the disk swaps use the longer axles and then you don't have to use spacers for the newer wheels. I'd be better off ordering my own set. But I'll see what happens, mabye I'll have more money than I'm planning on LOL
Old 08-22-2009, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

Ahhh I'm sure yours will look sick too
I hope so I'll post up pics as son as I get them one with the new tires.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:07 PM
11 Second Club

I'll look into them. Thanks for the suggestions.

But smokedoutz I don't think your wheels would work for my setup I'd have to get fox axles and special disks to make everything work out since the disk swaps use the longer axles and then you don't have to use spacers for the newer wheels. I'd be better off ordering my own set. But I'll see what happens, mabye I'll have more money than I'm planning on LOL
yeah way too much work for a set of wheels. I would just get some setup for your rear or have some made bro thats what I did.

Originally Posted by BADBOYZ28
I hope so I'll post up pics as son as I get them one with the new tires.
I'm sure it will.. 2 of a kind
Old 08-24-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

yeah way too much work for a set of wheels. I would just get some setup for your rear or have some made bro thats what I did.
Yeah, I'll have to wait until the rear is setup and take some measurements. I'd really like to get 18s, but your wheels look sick on 4th gens.

How much did the 17x12s run you orginally? PM me if you don't want to post it up.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This car will look good once it's lowered a foot.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didn't read all of the posts, but i would recomend you not narrow the rear more than 1/2" per side.

i have an s60 that is shortened either 1" or 1.25" per side. i forget. and strano/konis.
i have rpm 505's 19x9.5 with narrow vredestein tires and it fits fine. it tucks the wheels quite a bit the way i like it it. no problems here.
with other wheels, you will have a problem unless you go 15's or 16's. and that will depend on the offset.
i have problems with 17x10.5 TTM wheels on sumos. i have a 1/4" spacer and had to cut my lca's since i didn't want to buy offset lca's. the inner fender is beat to **** with a fender roll. i'm not confident in launching hard on this setup because of the scare of rubbing/cutting on the lca's. i'm at the point where if these tires got deflated, i would be in some deep ****.
i did have the TTM wheels with a 1" adapter and it was fine for the most part i needed a fender roll. before the fender roll, i cut chunks out of my tires. this is all with an adjustable panhard.

plan this out hard or be prepared to buy $3k+ wheels or minitubbing. eventually i will have to mini tub to get wider tires on. using specs that are too close will put you where i'm at.

Quick Reply: Narrowed Rear With Fat Lipped Wheels