Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need new tires for stock wheels, any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new tires for stock wheels, any ideas?

I just need some advise on a good set of tires for my 2002 WS6 wheels. I want some good traction and good longevity.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kumho Ecstas would probably be your best bet for what you want. The other brands are very good for traction but wear much more quickly.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Goodyear Eagle GT's or Eadle F1 A/S. Personally, Ecstas would be my last choice.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had Ecstas. For some reason lots of people say they're good, but I've found they're a rough ride with poor traction and a lot of noise. Longevity is pretty good though.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I used to have ecstas when I had the stock 16's and loved them. They was cheap, decent tread design, hooked awesome (when my car was stock), and lasted a long time.

But of course, there are better tires for more money.

I should add I have BFG KDW2's on my 18's and LOVE them. One bad thing is the tread may be "too" soft. I locked up my brakes going down the highway and slide from about 70mph to 60mph and completely ruined the front tires. They're flat spotted to hell and back now and DTD won't do anything with my warranty. I was told my warranty would cover ANYTHING besides vandalism, and of course I get a "well, ummm, you could....I guess send them back and we could look. You'll need to buy another front set, then we'll see if it's manufacture defect. If it is we'll reimburse you for the tires, if not you'll at least have two new ones"
So I guess DTD thinks avoiding a 5 car pile-up is vandalism! I had only put about 5k miles on the tires before that happened

sorry for the rant

Last edited by colby72olds; 03-20-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Teching In

Red face

Originally Posted by colby72olds
I used to have ecstas when I had the stock 16's and loved them. They was cheap, decent tread design, hooked awesome (when my car was stock), and lasted a long time.

But of course, there are better tires for more money.

I should add I have BFG KDW2's on my 18's and LOVE them. One bad thing is the tread may be "too" soft. I locked up my brakes going down the highway and slide from about 70mph to 60mph and completely ruined the front tires. They're flat spotted to hell and back now and DTD won't do anything with my warranty. I was told my warranty would cover ANYTHING besides vandalism, and of course I get a "well, ummm, you could....I guess send them back and we could look. You'll need to buy another front set, then we'll see if it's manufacture defect. If it is we'll reimburse you for the tires, if not you'll at least have two new ones"
So I guess DTD thinks avoiding a 5 car pile-up is vandalism! I had only put about 5k miles on the tires before that happened

sorry for the rant
Its ok, thanks for the replies. Ive been looking at alot of tires, just wish i had the money to try them all