Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Put new wheels on this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009 | 10:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSwt00SS
well, better than stock, i will give you that. however, now you look like every other f-body out there with TT2's that are black w/a polished lip, so now it's just BORING, ho-hum, like no thought was put into choosing a set of wheels...

IMO, i would have continued to save for a better and different style of wheel to compliment your car. i don't think your new wheels do your car justice....

lord knows i won't be putting on TT2's on my '95 TA...
well find me a set of wheels with 300 miles that look that great on my car for what i paid.... trust me you cant. My friend gave me a great deal because everyone told him they looked bad on his car. I honestly have seen very few fbodies in person with tt2s or ttms. But please tell me what kind of wheels you have? stock? everyone has stock though........
Old 03-27-2009 | 10:31 PM
Launching!

thanks for the good words guys
Old 03-27-2009 | 10:49 PM
On The Tree

do you plan on lowering it 95 transam
Old 03-27-2009 | 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Much better.
Old 03-27-2009 | 11:22 PM
TECH Junkie

I could care less if they are tt2's or ttm's. Point is they are tt style wheels.

Also, I know you have been through many styles of wheels. Many people have coined you a wheel ***** for going a different style every other month. That said it appears you like one style of wheel in variation. So whatever floats your boat. I mean you only create a new thread for every new set of rims you get. Proof one can't buy taste

Another thing, not saying go out and buy a style of wheel no one has, I'm saying use good taste, judgement. If you like having overused, overdone wheels on your car, I could carless. He asked for my opinion, I gave it. Sorry you got butt hurt and offended by my words.
I do change wheels often, I get bored easily and like change. And wheels is by far the easiest/cheapest way to change the look of your car.

And I didnt get butt hurt at all, just pointing out that we shouldnt care what other people do to their car. If you like it, then great. Wheels being "overdone" is a norm with a 10yr old car. And most of the other wheels that look good on our cars are either fikse, CCWs, Iforged etc etc OR they have bad sizes/offsets. I MF love FM5s, but being in college, I would hate leaving my car parked outside with that kind of $$ tied up in wheels. Just isnt practica. So a good looking, mass produced wheel is usually what people have to settle with.

On a side note, to the OP. I used to hate TTMs with a passion until I picked up a set from TomZ before they stopped selling them. I love the look. Sorry going to ***** out a couple pics of them on my lowered TA. I def recommend lowering it, will make it look way better

Last edited by Donohue96M6Z28; 03-27-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-28-2009 | 11:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95_transam_lt1
well find me a set of wheels with 300 miles that look that great on my car for what i paid.... trust me you cant. My friend gave me a great deal because everyone told him they looked bad on his car. I honestly have seen very few fbodies in person with tt2s or ttms. But please tell me what kind of wheels you have? stock? everyone has stock though........
yes, at this time and how i bought my $1500 '95 TA project car was with stock 16" wheels that have seen better days. so flame away for me not having aftermarket rims on a car im currently working on, that i dont wish to get beaten up at the moment. right now, that suits me just fine since i am doing a whole host of mods and upgrades to the car's interior, painting the exterior, and suspension mods. only after the car is complete will i then get rims. those rims will be the ROH RT wheels.

please note that in my original post i said those wheel dont do your car justice. i simply think there is a better wheel out there that would really set off your car.

How I bought my running, mechanically sound, '95 TA, 6spd coupe:

Old 03-28-2009 | 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Lookin' good, man.... [95 transam lt1]
Old 03-28-2009 | 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28

...And most of the other wheels that look good on our cars are either fikse, CCWs, Iforged etc etc OR they have bad sizes/offsets. I MF love FM5s, but being in college, I would hate leaving my car parked outside with that kind of $$ tied up in wheels...
i will agree with you on that, but even those high dollar wheels simply do not appeal to me. they are "too busy" of a wheel, and i will never be able to justify dropping 2-3k for a set. i also understand the issue(s) of having an f-body while in college and the abuse that can happen to it...

perhaps, it's a curse of my profession, but i belive in clean, simple design(s). design(s) that compliment, rather than 'offest' or compensate, if that makes any sense...

oh and before forget, here is a pic of the ROH RT wheel that I plan to put on the TA once it's done...

Old 03-28-2009 | 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

i will agree with you on that, but even those high dollar wheels simply do not appeal to me. they are "too busy" of a wheel, and i will never be able to justify dropping 2-3k for a set. i also understand the issue(s) of having an f-body while in college and the abuse that can happen to it...

perhaps, it's a curse of my profession, but i belive in clean, simple design(s). design(s) that compliment, rather than 'offest' or compensate, if that makes any sense...

oh and before forget, here is a pic of the ROH RT wheel that I plan to put on the TA once it's done...

Ya man I know what your saying, I also like clean/simple wheels. But I love wheels with a lip as well. Everyone has their own opinions.
By the way, I've seen those ROHs in person, def a bad *** wheel. I just wish they made them in a wider size

Good job on the progress with the TA . Not a bad pick up for $1500
Old 03-29-2009 | 08:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by plum krazy
do you plan on lowering it 95 transam
yup as soon as it comes out i'm puttin lcas, stb, ory, stranos, and bilstiens
Old 04-12-2009 | 02:25 PM
On The Tree

car looks good, i also have a 95 red ta ramair.. Dude do the CME mod and put blackout the taillights... DO IT!!! DO IT!!!! if u want to.haha
Old 04-12-2009 | 03:11 PM
Launching!

trans am doll, nice to see a sex-c girl with some muscle. good work hun