Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Put on the new Toyo TQ's today, few pics on the Fikse's

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009 | 01:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by jerflash
hey im actually wondering how do they feel when you are taking a hard corner
Took a highway off ramp to merge onto another highway last night at 95 and felt just fine, it was a wide turn though so I wasnt pushing it really hard but hard enough. No squirm or anything.

But for what its worth, these tires are gonna be just as stable as a regular street tire just stickier. They have the same radial steel belted construction and stiff sidewalls, just alot better grip.
Old 04-13-2009 | 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

The wheels and tires look really good.
Nice stance as well.
Old 04-13-2009 | 03:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

sound good pooter...i would be getting my wheels and tires very soon but now i need a clutch :-(
Old 04-13-2009 | 05:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by jerflash
sound good pooter...i would be getting my wheels and tires very soon but now i need a clutch :-(
LOL friggin racecars huh... Well you'll really need one with these tires. I am most thankful that finally someone came out and brought down the pricing, and still produced a great tire, competition between companys is great for us, now lets wait and watch to see if M/T's start to come down a bit when Toyo steals sales from them.

I love Toyo tires, some of the best bang for buck tires no matter which tire they produce, whether its for you race car or work truck, sold the **** out of their truck tires when I was a service writer.
Old 04-13-2009 | 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

ya race cars suck man lol

i just got the tick master and ordered the monster level 3...im sure they will work nicely together
Old 04-13-2009 | 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. thread wear 0,same as the m/t's. I was told by a guy he only got 1,500mi of street use from the m/t's. I have 20,000 on my nittos(yes they are gone) but 20,000mi is alot. I may just need another set. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2009 | 09:27 PM
11 Second Club

i got over 5000 miles on a set of MTs and that was alot of track runs and street runs and burn outs....idk what your friend did to those tires lol
Old 04-14-2009 | 03:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These will be my next tires
Old 04-15-2009 | 12:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the big tire debate going on now with my car. I had nitto 275 /17 on both my 96 z. 96z has mild mods 2800 stall and 3.42 gears and the nittos are crap cold ,decent warm and pretty good after a little burnout. Not as good at local track as et street radials.
Problem with nittos other than terrible when it gets colder out is nitto warns on site now that you can't run them lower than 32F. They say to take them off the car and store them in a warmer place if its under 32F and they have other little warnings about moving a car with them on when its cold ,etc. Bunch of crap .Pictures of some really cracked up ones.

So was thinking get the toyos. They are not r compound so no warning about the weather. They do have a big warning on the tq about how they can't be repaired ???WTF? This scares me as stick tires like this generally pick up every nail,screw ,etc on the street and get flats. It would be horrible to get a flat and have to throw away a pretty new toyo tq.
So no thinking not bother with them..they do have short life as well figure 5000 miles or so might be all a person would get out of them. So now thinking to just run street tires
like firestone ovals and get second set of rims with say et street radials for serious playing or track.
The toyos with bit more treadwear and abilty to repair them would make them a nice choice. Sounds like they work good just don't get any flats!
That warning is right on the info about the tq under maintenance or something.

The nitto warning is more hidden on the nitto site.Other toyo type r have think same warning as the nittos.I live up north and while don't drive right thru winter my cars do see under 32F in spring or fall.