Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
You will still be the first one.
Originally Posted by luckkky1
PMsent
Looks like I opened the flood gates. Thanks again for your help! Hopefully the lug nuts show up tomorrow, and runout isn't bad enough to be a problem.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:04 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Lets keep this constructive and we'll get this sorted out. I've found out the the tracking numbers aren't being given to dragwheelz until a day or two after they have been shipped, they are working on that. Also two email orders were "misplaced"" that's where some of this mixup happened.

PM me and I'll check on them one by one.

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

this is the email i sent to joe at BILLET SPECIALTIES concerning dragwheelz.com

i have no received the wheels and am happy with them, but this is what i went through.

Joe, here is a breakdown of the times and interactions I have had with the Billet Spot.

Wed Dec 10 - Ordered a set of 17x7 and 17x11 Street Lites and 2 315-35-17 Mickey Thompson Drag Radials. I was told that the wheels would be made Thursday or Friday and shipped out the beginning of the next week.

Wed Dec 17 - I call to see if I could at least snag a tracking number, no answer. I also emailed them to cover my bases with no response.

Fri Dec 19 - I receive an email back that says that they weren't actually going to ship out until that day (the 19th) and that I WILL get a tracking number ASAP. I never did.

Thu Dec 29 1:04 PM - I call and no answer.

Thu Dec 29 1:23 PM - I call and no answer.

Thu Dec 29 5:26 PM - I call and no answer.

Tue Jan 6 3:26 PM - I call to see where the my wheels are and he explains to me how hectic the holiday has been, and how he has not found the time to get a tracking number for my wheels OR tires that I ordered from him. Tells me to give him ONE hour, and that he will get to the bottom of it.

Tue Jan 6 4:26 PM - He hasn't called me back yet.

Tue Jan 6 5:26 PM - I'm mad that he lied to me yet again, so I call him. He tells me that he hasn't forgotten about me and that he needed longer. I give him longer.

Wed Jan 7 3:14 PM - He calls me back and explains that my wheels have been sent along with a set of 15" wheels to the same house (not mine) and that the recipient will not answer his phone. He also states that a UPS claim is being worked on to get them back and that he had told Billet Specialties to re-make mine and move my order to top priority. He then tells me that Billet Specialties is a company that typically does not drop ship, and that he knew the owner well. Then tells me that since he knows the owner well, that The Billet Spot is one of few companies that Billet Specialties will drop ship for. Then, he describes that it was Billet Specialties fault that they were mis-shipped since its something that they "dont do very often". He tells me that the will ship out by the end of the week (Friday the 9th) and he will have a tracking number for me then.

Wed Jan 14 1:34 PM Still no tracking number. I call and leave a message stating that I would like my promised tracking number.

January 15 - I decide I'm tired of waiting and dealing with the Billet Spot, and get in contact with Joe @ Billet Specialties. We discuss what has really happened and why the wheels have taken a while. He explains that there was a shortage of 11" hoops to be welded to my 17" centers and that it was what caused the delay. At this point I'm glad I know why my wheels actually aren't on my doorstep. Joe is very helpful. I tell him that I will give the Billet Spot one last chance to give me the promised tracking number and that if I didn't I would get in touch with him at the first of the week (Monday Jan 19).

January 19 - Haven't heard from from the Billet Spot so I give Joe a shout. He tells me that my wheels should ship out no later than today, and requests that I write this message to document my struggles and the lack of customer service I received from the Billet Spot.

I've never been one to try to get anyone in trouble but I will say that purchasing these wheels through the Billet Spot has been the most frustrating purchase I have made to date. The pricing they offered on a high quality wheel was very impressive, and I was also impressed with their website. They seemed to be a very legitimate company and that's why I chose to trust them with $1600. However as soon as I made that payment via credit card, I felt like I was no longer a concern to them. I understand why it took so long (issues with the hoops) and I also understand that its just one of those things that happens. Being that its a custom wheel I would have had no problem waiting a month for them, however the fact that they promised me them every week after I had ordered them really irritated me. With that being said, I feel that all the confusion is due to the Billet Spots lack of communication and customer service, NOT Billet Specialties as a wheel manufacturer and company. I'm sure I'll be a happy customer once I receive my wheels, and I thank you all for making quality wheels at an affordable price.

If you have any further questions feel free to shoot me an email back!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:33 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by mattl31
this is the email i sent to joe at BILLET SPECIALTIES concerning dragwheelz.com

i have no received the wheels and am happy with them, but this is what i went through.

Joe, here is a breakdown of the times and interactions I have had with the Billet Spot.

Wed Dec 10 - Ordered a set of 17x7 and 17x11 Street Lites and 2 315-35-17 Mickey Thompson Drag Radials. I was told that the wheels would be made Thursday or Friday and shipped out the beginning of the next week.

Wed Dec 17 - I call to see if I could at least snag a tracking number, no answer. I also emailed them to cover my bases with no response.

Fri Dec 19 - I receive an email back that says that they weren't actually going to ship out until that day (the 19th) and that I WILL get a tracking number ASAP. I never did.

Thu Dec 29 1:04 PM - I call and no answer.

Thu Dec 29 1:23 PM - I call and no answer.

Thu Dec 29 5:26 PM - I call and no answer.

Tue Jan 6 3:26 PM - I call to see where the my wheels are and he explains to me how hectic the holiday has been, and how he has not found the time to get a tracking number for my wheels OR tires that I ordered from him. Tells me to give him ONE hour, and that he will get to the bottom of it.

Tue Jan 6 4:26 PM - He hasn't called me back yet.

Tue Jan 6 5:26 PM - I'm mad that he lied to me yet again, so I call him. He tells me that he hasn't forgotten about me and that he needed longer. I give him longer.

Wed Jan 7 3:14 PM - He calls me back and explains that my wheels have been sent along with a set of 15" wheels to the same house (not mine) and that the recipient will not answer his phone. He also states that a UPS claim is being worked on to get them back and that he had told Billet Specialties to re-make mine and move my order to top priority. He then tells me that Billet Specialties is a company that typically does not drop ship, and that he knew the owner well. Then tells me that since he knows the owner well, that The Billet Spot is one of few companies that Billet Specialties will drop ship for. Then, he describes that it was Billet Specialties fault that they were mis-shipped since its something that they "dont do very often". He tells me that the will ship out by the end of the week (Friday the 9th) and he will have a tracking number for me then.

Wed Jan 14 1:34 PM Still no tracking number. I call and leave a message stating that I would like my promised tracking number.

January 15 - I decide I'm tired of waiting and dealing with the Billet Spot, and get in contact with Joe @ Billet Specialties. We discuss what has really happened and why the wheels have taken a while. He explains that there was a shortage of 11" hoops to be welded to my 17" centers and that it was what caused the delay. At this point I'm glad I know why my wheels actually aren't on my doorstep. Joe is very helpful. I tell him that I will give the Billet Spot one last chance to give me the promised tracking number and that if I didn't I would get in touch with him at the first of the week (Monday Jan 19).

January 19 - Haven't heard from from the Billet Spot so I give Joe a shout. He tells me that my wheels should ship out no later than today, and requests that I write this message to document my struggles and the lack of customer service I received from the Billet Spot.

I've never been one to try to get anyone in trouble but I will say that purchasing these wheels through the Billet Spot has been the most frustrating purchase I have made to date. The pricing they offered on a high quality wheel was very impressive, and I was also impressed with their website. They seemed to be a very legitimate company and that's why I chose to trust them with $1600. However as soon as I made that payment via credit card, I felt like I was no longer a concern to them. I understand why it took so long (issues with the hoops) and I also understand that its just one of those things that happens. Being that its a custom wheel I would have had no problem waiting a month for them, however the fact that they promised me them every week after I had ordered them really irritated me. With that being said, I feel that all the confusion is due to the Billet Spots lack of communication and customer service, NOT Billet Specialties as a wheel manufacturer and company. I'm sure I'll be a happy customer once I receive my wheels, and I thank you all for making quality wheels at an affordable price.

If you have any further questions feel free to shoot me an email back!

Did you get your wheels?
Old 06-11-2009, 10:38 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

If YOU personally don't have business with dragwheelz don't post in this thread. I'm trying to work with the people who are waiting on parts or status.

Thanks.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If YOU personally don't have business with dragwheelz don't post in this thread. I'm trying to work with the people who are waiting on parts or status.

Thanks.
are you referring to me?

i HAD business with them...i think its fair that people know what others have experienced

yes i received my wheels. followed by my lugs a week later. never got valve stems.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:14 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by mattl31
are you referring to me?

i HAD business with them...i think its fair that people know what others have experienced

yes i received my wheels. followed by my lugs a week later. never got valve stems.
In your post you said you were waiting for the wheels, "I'm sure I'll be a happy customer once I receive my wheels" it seems you have them. I'm just trying to clarify.
I'm trying to keep unnecessary post out of this thread. Most of this should be in the feedback section.

If anyone else has not ordered wheels or tires DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD!! I'm trying to help those who have.

Thanks.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

In your post you said you were waiting for the wheels, "I'm sure I'll be a happy customer once I receive my wheels" it seems you have them. I'm just trying to clarify.
I'm trying to keep unnecessary post out of this thread. Most of this should be in the feedback section.

If anyone else has not ordered wheels or tires DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD!! I'm trying to help those who have.

Thanks.
Yes I have received my wheels.

Thats just the email that I sent to Joe at Billet Specialties when I had not yet received the wheels.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Status update:

Jason answered when I called today, and was in the middle of tracking down some issues including mine. He called me back about an hour later and explained that there has been some shipping problems, but he was sending me a new set of lug nuts out today for overnight, AM, Saturday delivery. This is the last thing I am missing, so hopefully they show up tomorrow and I can get the wheels mounted on the car!

I'll let everyone know if when the lug nuts arrive, but the fact that I spoke with an actual person today is encouraging.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Dont hold your breath, I tried to get some replacement lugs from him and said the same thing, I just ordered them from jegs.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:20 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Has anyone else not been followed up with? I spoke with Jason today and he was going to B/S to get things sorted out.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:31 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

BTW, I got my wheels mounted today and they look SWEET! It was worth the short wait.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Regular

I've been waiting since March and still my lug screwup has never been fixed nor have I heard anything if they care if it gets taken care of. I'm surprised as much trouble they cause people that they are still getting anyone to order from them.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

BTW, I got my wheels mounted today and they look SWEET! It was worth the short wait.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:47 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
I'll take the camera to the shop tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problem. That sucks that so many people are so unhappy with the customer service. He hasn't even chimed in here yet. If I didn't have my own Weld Racing warehouse, I'd probably give my business to Steve at SJM, and spend my money on Bogarts. He seems to be top notch on customer service, and has a great product.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Wow glad to hear I'm not the only one. I sent my payment on APRIL 27 via the paypal invoice that was e-mailed to me. One week before I sent payment he told me the 15x10s were in stock, but the 17x7s would be a 3-4 week wait.
I DO HAVE THE WHEELS NOW, after waiting ONE MONTH for the 15s (that were susposed to be in stock) and I waited 5 weeks for the 17x7s (over a SIX week wait, not 3-4 weeks like I was told.) The entire time I was waiting I called periodically to see what was going on... and he never had any answers for me. Everytime I talked to him he said he was going to call Billet Specialties to see what was going on and call be back within the hour. I NEVER ONCE got a call back.
I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY LUGS AND VALVE STEMS. On June 4th I called and he told me he would make sure the were shipped "next day air"... June 5th they never came. So June 6th I called and he said I should be recieving that day. On June 9th I sent him an e-mail...I then waited all this week and my lugs and valve stems are still not here WHAT THE HELL?
I called today and he said "They should have shipped today" but that was not the first time he told me that.
IT HAS BEEN SIX WEEKS AND I STILL CAN NOT MOUNT MY 1200 DOLLAR WHEELS ON MY CAR. I can look in my phone's call history to provide all dates and times if needed
Old 06-12-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

I ordered a set of TT2's from dragwheelz. It took about a month to get my wheels. He had trouble getting American Racing to ship out my wheels. I had problems with two of the wheels and he quickly had replacements shipped to me , to his credit. Overall he did what he said (except slow shipping) and made good on his promises.
I was very happy he didnt give me any problems at all when I called him and said I have two bad wheels. One with a hole and other too far out of round.
Ive had my wheels for awhile now and still happy
Old 06-13-2009, 12:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

this is ridiculous. the thing that made me the most mad was that i was sending him pm's and emails with no response. yet i could go to the original street lites thread, where he would post on the daily for new customers. so irritating. i will never buy, or suggest dragwheelz.com to anyone. waiting for a product when its expressed and known to take a while is one thing. but being promised something over and over again with no follow through is just plain bad business.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krobinson123
I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY LUGS AND VALVE STEMS.
What kind of lugs is he supposed to be sending you?

The lugs he sent me were cheap tuner lugs, I didn't even bother to use them. If I had known they were so cheap I would have requested they not be part of the package, I could have used that money towards the McGards I had to buy.

After reading through all this BS I have realized I got very very lucky getting my TTII's from him in 9 days. Considering I moved 3 weeks after I got them it could have turned into a really bad situation had I not gotten them so fast, that's the main reason I was so worried when he never bothered to reply to my PM's on status or tracking numbers.

Quick Reply: Paging Dragwheelz Dragwheelz.com