Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

F'in construction sites...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F'in construction sites...

This is a pointless thread... read at your own risk

Having said that, I just wanted to vent... Driving down 495 in Northern VA where they are always doing some pointless, mindless f'in construction that does no good for anybody and I start hearing a clanking, banging around and flop, flop, flop... S&$*%! Driver's side rear tire flat as can be. Pull over into a parking lot (I just got off the exit), pull the jack, and as an aside, who in the hell designed that worthless tire iron/jack handle? They should be shot... at any rate, pull all the crap out get the donut on the car lower her down... of course, not enough air left in the spare, so I had to get my stepdad out here with the prtable air compressor to get some air into it. Get it home, rip the worthless roofing nail (Roofing nail? On a major interstate? WTF?) out of the tire. Plug it up only to find, sitting there glaring at me... laughing at me... a freakin' 1 inch long piece of metal sticking out of the corner, right where the tread meets the sidewall. Unrepairable and tire safety compromised.

F MY LIFE!

Not to mention, not more than 5 hours ago I was in this very forum section writing in another members thread about tire plugs and patches.

The End...

- Adam

P.S. - I was on vacation this past week... first day back to work tomorrow... Welcome home B&$%! Haha
Old 06-14-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To make it more suitable for the forum...

2001 T/A WS6 with stock 5-spoke wheels... Any suggestions for replacement tires? I'm getting all 4 replaced bc I'm pissed and annoyed and spending money on my car makes me feel better!

Thanks,

Adam
Old 06-14-2009, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

I've got 4 bridgestone potenzas i could sell you, probably 80% tread
Old 06-15-2009, 06:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What model?
Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With respect to the OP, man I hear you!! In my area, there's an old car crusher on the EAST side of the county, and they use the interstate to drive the flattened hulks to the recycler on the WEST side. All of the s**t from the old cars falls off on the road, and plays havoc for the motorists.

I lost 2 almost new tires in one year, due to that crap! The local DOT director got tired of my calls and letters, so now they have to at least put some of that plastic shrink wrap around the first layer of cars, to try and keep some of the crap contained.....
Old 06-15-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ordered some new tires today. Went with the Falken Ziex ZE912. They looked pretty good for me and were the right price. Would anyone happen to have some pictures of how the jack and lug wrench go back together in the wheel well? I'm not sure if I have them pieced together correctly.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I tossed mine in the garage after trying to use that piece of crap jack
Old 06-16-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone with pics? It's just getting the lug wrench connected to the jack... I think it pops into the retaining piece on the right side of the jack, facing the wheel well, but not sure. It was very dark when I pull it out.