Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

OEWheels deep dish ZR1's on pewter SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JTelesone
looks great, Ive been thinking about getting rid of my c5z wheels for a set of these. I see its pretty close to the inner wheel well. I have my car lowered on a bilstein bts setup. In your opinion do you think ima need the bfh?
I didn't need the BFH and as far as I can tell if you lower the car it would push the rear axle towards the rear and actually give more clearance.

Originally Posted by 1gt2nv
Looks very nice man. Now all you need is to lower it and tint the windows.
I'm not sure if I will lower it but the pics make it look higher than in person...damn lighting and tire shine lol. I wish this area didn't have so many speed bumps and large hills.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice

10/10
Old 07-14-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm soo irritated right now, I took my car in to get an alignment and told them not to jack my car up on the pinch welds for the front fenders. Guess what? THEY JACKED ON THE DAMN PINCH WELDS... I also needed new tie rods and two of my rim studs got bent somehow so they need replaced now too! I'm so irritated at this shop right now I could kill. Not only did they jack on the front fenders but they did the exact same in the rear of the car...I dunno if it damaged until it comes down now. How the hell do you miss the giant reinforced spots that look like they are intended to be jacked on?!?! I also need two new lug nuts now to replace the old ones that they broke off instead of using a breaker bar to get them off.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:29 PM
11 Second Club

Damn that sucks. Thats why Im glad that since I got out of that industry all of my buddies still work at the dealer.

Sorry I keep coming back to look at your thread to see the pictures lol..... like my fifth time.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Looks very nice,
Old 07-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

Much improvement! I really dislike the stock wheels you had before. What was the "Old GM" thinking.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SMOKNSS
Damn that sucks. Thats why Im glad that since I got out of that industry all of my buddies still work at the dealer.

Sorry I keep coming back to look at your thread to see the pictures lol..... like my fifth time.
I got out of the Auto Industry as well, it sucked hardcore. But I was in the sales half And feel free to look as many times as you like lol
Old 07-15-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Now I feel like I need to power this baby up since I have the tires to match.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^^^LOL that's how I felt when I got my wheels so I went ahead and ordered some go fast goodies
Old 07-16-2009, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck yea man you got the bark, now you need the bite to back it up!!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Your car looks beautiful with the wheels. It looks so good you have convinced me to sell my wheels and get a set of these. Hows the clearance on the outside fender? I have a 2in eibach drop. As of right now i use a 305/25/20 and no issues so far.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rgomez1787
Your car looks beautiful with the wheels. It looks so good you have convinced me to sell my wheels and get a set of these. Hows the clearance on the outside fender? I have a 2in eibach drop. As of right now i use a 305/25/20 and no issues so far.
That's awesome thank you, on the drivers side I can fit about a thumb between the wheel and wheel well. On the passenger side I can fit probably a finger and a half. I haven't hit anything in or around the fenders with these rims on yet. I tested by having a buddy move the car up and down and side to side with the wheels mounted and while he did that i stuck my finger between the wheel/well with no problem. If you have the car lifted with all 4 tires in the air you will notice that your rims will most likely sit on the bump stops just a tad, no biggie. I heard people shave the bump stops but I will not be doing that seeing as I don't have it up in the air very often.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just thought I would give an update on the rims since it's been a few months since i've had them rims on. I drive the car everyday on many ramps and bumpy roads and still have not had any rubbing. I have noted two things things that don't really involve the rims. The lug nuts that the rims came with will start to rust from the sockets rubbing the surface of the nuts during installation. The rust is not horribly noticeable but if you look up close you will definitely see it. If the rust really begins to bother me I may switch over to another brand of lugs. The Sumi's are becoming a tad noisy when I come to a stop but I mean who really cares since they are inexpensive. I really love these rims and don't regret them in the least bit.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

bad *** dude!
Old 10-11-2009, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HumanNipple
Just thought I would give an update on the rims since it's been a few months since i've had them rims on. I drive the car everyday on many ramps and bumpy roads and still have not had any rubbing. I have noted two things things that don't really involve the rims. The lug nuts that the rims came with will start to rust from the sockets rubbing the surface of the nuts during installation. The rust is not horribly noticeable but if you look up close you will definitely see it. If the rust really begins to bother me I may switch over to another brand of lugs. The Sumi's are becoming a tad noisy when I come to a stop but I mean who really cares since they are inexpensive. I really love these rims and don't regret them in the least bit.

Sounds to me like your exhaust isn't loud enough?
Old 10-11-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks good man =)

Whatcha doin with the 10 spokes?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

nice wheels
Old 10-12-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ponyhater27
lolol
Old 10-12-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by happysem
Looks good man =)

Whatcha doin with the 10 spokes?
I'm gonna use them as winters
Old 10-12-2009, 11:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by ponyhater27

lol X2

thanks for postin pics, been curious what those looked like on our cars, I dont know if you are planning on lowering it or not but the wheels would really come to life if you did, and you will need a adjustable panhard rod to keep that rear end centered, by your descriptions it sounds like its a bit off center already.

Good job OEwheels, thank you for the products and awesome pricing, if I ever sell the Fikse's I will be lookin at your chrome ZR1's

Quick Reply: OEWheels deep dish ZR1's on pewter SS