Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

I rolled my fender lips today to fit my 28x10.5 et drags

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I rolled my fender lips today to fit my 28x10.5 et drags

I know I haven't been the only one looking for a heads up on this. I took the plunge without a fender roller and I don't see what the big deal is about using the fender roller.

Things you will need:
-socket/ratchet for lugs
-Heat Gun
-rubber mallet (I used an 8oz mallet)
-phillips head screwdriver
-dremel
-screw gun
-3/8" drill bit
-undercoating

I started by removing the plastic hold down on the bottom and then removing the phillips head screw on the lip. I pulled the bumper cover back and heated the lip up. Then I gave the lip some whacks. I just continued that around the lipl. After the fender lip was finished I went back to the bumper cover. I drilled a new 3/8" hole for the hold down to go to so that it pulled the cover further back. After that was installed I trimmed it down with the dremel. Then just repeat it on the other side.

A problem I ran into to allow for fitment is that on the fender well the frame rail comes back and terminates on the bottom. This is where I had to go to town with the ol BFH. After the fitment is good, spray it with the undercoating. It was pretty easy, it took a little over an hour to get everything out, do the work, and clean up.

I don't have the slicks on anymore to take a picture, but there is plenty of room on the upper portion on the fender. The only real concerns are the bottoms and the inner portion. There is more than a finger width on all of the spots.

Quick Reply: I rolled my fender lips today to fit my 28x10.5 et drags