Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Race Star Industries

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can think what you want. I guess you are calling everyone besides yourself ghetto.
my car is on 28s with at most 2" fender gap. when I launch it lowers it down. that is what it is set up for. it might look high but when it was parked next to a Honda civic it is lower if that tells you anything. sometimes in life you just have to realise people are ridiculous and have to STFU. so if you don't like them stay out of my thread. I'm done. for those of you who do actually care. the wheels fit great. they clear the brakes both front and rear w/o issue. not to mention they are light as Hell.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by litch2004
You can think what you want. I guess you are calling everyone besides yourself ghetto.
my car is on 28s with at most 2" fender gap. when I launch it lowers it down. that is what it is set up for. it might look high but when it was parked next to a Honda civic it is lower if that tells you anything. sometimes in life you just have to realise people are ridiculous and have to STFU. so if you don't like them stay out of my thread. I'm done. for those of you who do actually care. the wheels fit great. they clear the brakes both front and rear w/o issue. not to mention they are light as Hell.
I appologize. i dont prefer the look of your car but im not putting it down. i just prefer it to sit lower in the rear. which is not possible with these wheels. i love the wheels. they look awesome and fit the brakes. the price is reasonable too. i just wish the payed a little more attn to the backspacing. theres no reason why they couldnt have been designed to be in more.

here is my car with them tucked in a bit more.
Attached Thumbnails Race Star Industries-1.jpg   Race Star Industries-2.jpg   Race Star Industries-3.jpg  
Old 06-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that setup looks great! glad u brought that up b/c im getting ready to order slicks for my racestars, now i'll have to figure out what size would be best. being lowered im going to run into the same thing. i like them tucked, but at the same time i dont want the tires too small.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

FYI mine do tuck. No rubbing at all now that I adjusted the panhard bar.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by litch2004
FYI mine do tuck. No rubbing at all now that I adjusted the panhard bar.
urs look good. my car is lowered 2 inches tho so i think i will have issues if im not careful. was plannin on a 26x11.50 qtp but im thinkin i better try a 10.50 first. hopefully the rear will sit a little higher with the 9 inch.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls6firebird
urs look good. my car is lowered 2 inches tho so i think i will have issues if im not careful. was plannin on a 26x11.50 qtp but im thinkin i better try a 10.50 first. hopefully the rear will sit a little higher with the 9 inch.
lowered 1.5" with 26x11.50x15, imagine being another half inch lower..

Old 06-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Launching!

that made my day haha. looks great!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

God those rears look goofy.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

^^ weird you say that because i was dead set on these until i seen the rears thought the same and didnt like them, order the billet specities, now wish sometimes i would have got the weld rts wheels. O well
Old 06-29-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

fyi to you guys that think the rears look goofy. i thought the same thing looking at pics on here but i ordered them anyway and figured id see for myself in person. they look simply awesome. again I am not happy with how they stuck out but the wheel does look great. my car never left the garage with them sticking out. once i got them where i wanted them to sit i could not be more happy with this wheel. it really looks good and I get a lot of compliments on them. I personally like them better than the bs wheels. my car was the car that bs used to design the ls1 rear wheels. they had my car for a month. i still chose the racestars over the bs wheels.

just sayin dont rule the racestar rears out. they can look goofy in pics sometimes but they look killer in person.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

would be cool to see some differnt Backspacing 5.5 4.5 with a good size lip they may help with the look. but at least the fit with no grinding and probly the cheapest alternative for a drag wheel. cant complain about the price.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

You guys running hubcentric rings on yours? I don't have them and I'm getting gnarly vibrations.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

mine is a 5.5 Bs with a 28x10.5 tire
Attached Thumbnails Race Star Industries-tire-002.jpg   Race Star Industries-tire-003.jpg   Race Star Industries-tire-004.jpg  
Old 07-05-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by IWGF
You guys running hubcentric rings on yours? I don't have them and I'm getting gnarly vibrations.
i started out with some nasty vibrations also. I do have the rings in rear. i have no rings in the front but the vibrations were coming from the rear. i did a few things to solve this. the main problem ended up being the balance on the wheels. I balance my own wheels at my shop. i originally just put the weights on the inside of the wheels. had nasty vibrations. I ended up having to put weights on both sides of the wheels. theres enough room to stick weights on the inside right behind the star. really spent a lot of time making sure they balanced out perfect. I also noticed when running the rear wheels up on a jack that the wheel was wobbling a LOT. I then remounted the wheel and took extra care the install them perfect using a torque wrench. i did about 3 or 4 torque steps to evenly bring them up to 85 lbs. the wheel then ran perfectly true and the car rides like glass now. the main reason for the vibration was from not having them balanced properly though. also talk with the guy balancing them. make sure he has the cone that centers the rim centering it from the back side...not the front side. good luck!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by weaklt1
mine is a 5.5 Bs with a 28x10.5 tire
that looks great man!!
Old 07-05-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slow3hoe2
i started out with some nasty vibrations also. I do have the rings in rear. i have no rings in the front but the vibrations were coming from the rear. i did a few things to solve this. the main problem ended up being the balance on the wheels. I balance my own wheels at my shop. i originally just put the weights on the inside of the wheels. had nasty vibrations. I ended up having to put weights on both sides of the wheels. theres enough room to stick weights on the inside right behind the star. really spent a lot of time making sure they balanced out perfect. I also noticed when running the rear wheels up on a jack that the wheel was wobbling a LOT. I then remounted the wheel and took extra care the install them perfect using a torque wrench. i did about 3 or 4 torque steps to evenly bring them up to 85 lbs. the wheel then ran perfectly true and the car rides like glass now. the main reason for the vibration was from not having them balanced properly though. also talk with the guy balancing them. make sure he has the cone that centers the rim centering it from the back side...not the front side. good luck!
Thanks for the pointers. I also discovered that my main source of vibration is a toasted slick. Looks like the belts are seperating, so I should be picking up new tires in a few days and getting them mounted and balanced.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:40 AM
Banned

Good stuff, I'm glad I found this thread!

I was thinking of going the way of the GW's with the 10" lip (15x14), but I guess this is the better option.

Any new pics or updates!? Are they holding up well to street use?

And feel free to post up in my Deep Dish thread for those that went the Deeeep route

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...e-dd-crap.html

DM
Old 11-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Banned

if you look a few ads down, you will see a ton of pics of race stars on f bodies!
Old 11-06-2010, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
Good stuff, I'm glad I found this thread!

I was thinking of going the way of the GW's with the 10" lip (15x14), but I guess this is the better option.

Any new pics or updates!? Are they holding up well to street use?

And feel free to post up in my Deep Dish thread for those that went the Deeeep route

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...e-dd-crap.html

DM
Mine are working just fine for street use, I love 'em.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've got a set for sale if anyone is looking for a good deal

https://ls1tech.com/forums/southern-...m-t-tires.html

Quick Reply: Race Star Industries