Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

My Toyo Proxes TQ review

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6 WS6
UPDATES?

I know I am raising this thread from the dead but I need new tires and this was the first thread on the Toyo Proxes I came across....

I currently have these on my ws6, and have been EXTREMELY HAPPY with them. I bought the car with them on and they only had about 40% life left. I mean there are no "wear indicators" but the tread was already completely gone in the middle and about 60% gone on the outer edges.

These HOOOOOOK!

They DEFINITELY need to be ran at 20psi and warmed up though...

I have put about 3,000 miles on these in the past year I have owned her, and done 2 John Force burnouts, and they still look like they could go another 1,000 miles and have enough for one more good burn!

I just feel VERY unsafe driving in cold and wet conditions currently, and need new tires.

So, have you guys found a cheaper price anywhere?

Any new complaints?

Have you found a BETTER DR?

How are the BFG g force's?

I will be looking up more threads but I thought the answers to these questions would be of value to others as well.

THANKS!

Google search these tires...I'm finding them for $143/each right now. These tires are no longer being made in this size so finding them is becoming much harder. I have these on one of my vehicles right now and have maybe 20% tread left. The ones on my ws6 are newer but I'm swapping them to my other vehicle and buying new for the ws6.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:10 AM

Alright I have a '99 Camaro SS. Engine is stock, just headers, exhaust and a lot of suspension mods and emissions deletes. It currently has 315/35/17 555rs and is need of a new set. My question is if its too much tire for the power? Or does it even matter? I plan on getting the proxes tqs but im just curious if this would be considered too big a tire for the power it puts out. I do hope to do H/C within a year though.

Sorry for reviving an ancient thread lol, it was the first one that came up on the search and seemed relevent.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Eagle564
Alright I have a '99 Camaro SS. Engine is stock, just headers, exhaust and a lot of suspension mods and emissions deletes. It currently has 315/35/17 555rs and is need of a new set. My question is if its too much tire for the power? Or does it even matter? I plan on getting the proxes tqs but im just curious if this would be considered too big a tire for the power it puts out. I do hope to do H/C within a year though.

Sorry for reviving an ancient thread lol, it was the first one that came up on the search and seemed relevent.
Nah should be fine for street normal driving even a few runs on the strip should be fine.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:33 AM
TECH Resident

My TQs were fine on a 100 mile trip (one way) to the track yesterday. Went through heavy rain multiple times over the course of the drive and they felt totally fine at 60mph. Traction is great on both the street and track (even though I was bogging badly at the track so cant say much about 60ft gains over street tires). Overall I freakin love these tires though. Definitely recommend them to anyone.

Quick Reply: My Toyo Proxes TQ review