Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Upgrading brakes w/ Bogarts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Upgrading brakes w/ Bogarts?

Is there a way to upgrade the braking system and use Bogarts at the same time?
Old 12-14-2003, 02:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AZLS1
Is there a way to upgrade the braking system and use Bogarts at the same time?
Anytime you go with something that is thicker then stock or larger, there may/will be issues with fitment. Since the calipers float, anything larger/thicker will make the caliper float outwards to the rim. There are a few guys whom have aftermarket components that work, some additional grinding was needed to make them work. This issue is mainly with the fronts. Eradispeed rotors are an example. There have been a few customers whom are using this setup, maybe they can chime in. I do have some pictures of issues that arrose.

Keep in mind, larger better stopping powered front brakes can make the front skinnie tires lock up much faster. The LS1's have great stopping power already, the larger better pads/caliper setups are great for road racing with large front tires, but not as good for drag setups.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Old 12-14-2003, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,
That was very helpful. I had not considered the lock up issues with the skinnies.

The first turn off at the end of my local track comes up quickly at 118MPH. Looks like I will continue to take the second turn off.

I think I will just upgrade to Stainless steel lines for the few times I drive the car on the street.