Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Falken FK452 Anybody like them?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Falken FK452 Anybody like them?

Anybody like Falken FK452 tires?

I'm stuck between Goodyear F1 GS-D3's and Falken FK452.
Or should I get the Michelin Pilot Sport 2's..what about Nitto's??

I can't decide.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the falkens on my car now and like them better than the nitto NT555s I had before. I could never seem to keep traction with the nittos. I've heard pretty good things about the Michelin's but believe they are more expensive. The next set I am getting are the BF goodrich KDW new tread design. Heard alot of good things about the grip on those.

I noticed you are in the KCMO area as well, I had mine installed by KC trends, they were saying most of their customers are split between the falkens and nittos. Pretty nice guys and usually have some pretty nice cars in the showrooms.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been really happy with mine, and that's more then I can say about the Pirelli tires I've had before.
IMO, good tires!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:24 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the reply's.

I heard the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 rubber gets hard after three years.
I still have my factory Goodyear F1 GS tires on the car with 25,000 miles on them. They are not even down to the low tread marks. But the rubber is as hard as can be and rides rough and noisy. 8 years is plenty old and probably dangerous if driving at high speeds.

I have Michelin's on my other cars and have always like Michelins because the rubber seems to stay soft and rides awesome. I might shell out the cash and get the PS2's but I don't really want to spend $1600 dollars on tires.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I sold tires for a few years during college. I used to have a Honda S2000 and bought a set of FK452's for it...they were awesome tires! Nice compound, gave me some good grip, and a nice smooth ride. I'd consider them for my camaro...if they made a drag radial version!
The Falken's are a quality tire, for a lot less money than Michelin's or F1's. You really can't go wrong with them.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn 25k on the factory goodyears...thats pretty impressive...I burned thru those so quick, so I switched to pirellis, but the compound was so hard that I couldn't get grip.
If you are willing to spend that money on tires, its up to you, but you could get the Falkens and put the money into other mods as well...
Old 03-17-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Falkens are a great deal. decent price and a great tire. good hook up too. the only bad thing i dont like about them is they run a little skinnier than most other brands of the same size. for example 295/35/18 falkens were the same width as 275/35/18 yokohamas i had on my previous rims.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I have them, but only use them on the front.

No complaints.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

ive used these on my old vip acura tl. The advantage of them are the sidewalls are 2x as thick as the typical sidewall. They are actually designed more towards the stretched tire crowd/small sidewall with increased rigidity and durability.

I had them on a car with about 7000.00 in suspension mods, and they really handled great. I had about a 20 series tire in comparison with the stretch on a 4000+ lb luxury car using a 19 inch wheel. Never had any issues with impact breaks in the sidewall causing bubbles after blasting countless potholes in the bmx track styled shitball ohio roads, never any road noise issues, and they gripped pretty well.

I frequently swapped wheels back to another set of 17 inch wheels i had with toyo ra1's when i wanted to handle, but id have to admit.. i pushed those tires HARD as **** and never had any issues out of them. They wore evenly, and i feel they are an outstanding tire in comparison with **** like toyo proxies 4 or a yokohama es100.. Now when you start comparing them to a pole position bridgestone or a pilot michelin, or some **** like that... Then i feel the superior tire is better. Overall id say these slide right in next to a toyo t1s IMO.

I know this is not expertice from someone with a 900 hp pro charged ss camaro, but i can assure you, ive bought more tires than most people i know, and i tend to push them to the limits. Most of the other tires like this tire make tons of WAAAAAAA road noise or wear out quickly.

heres the wigger mobile i had them on...

if i didnt **** them up with a close to 2 ton car, a 235 35 19 inch tire stretched on a 10.25 inch wide rim (meaning like an inch of sidewall), ripping the **** out of turns.. im going to put some serious confidence in saying, you arent going to **** them up.

LMK if you have any questions.. Good Luck!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 808z28camaro
Falkens are a great deal. decent price and a great tire. good hook up too. the only bad thing i dont like about them is they run a little skinnier than most other brands of the same size. for example 295/35/18 falkens were the same width as 275/35/18 yokohamas i had on my previous rims.
this is exactly what i just mentioned. Often times with the "fitment scene" as most of the riceboys call it, there are issues with wheel/tire fitment due to excess width. To combat this, these tires run slightly narrower than the competition. most of the people who get those 275 35 18 inch sizes are getting them for some car with like 18x11 wheels with a -19mm offset. Here in our realm, we buy 315's for a 10 inch wide wheel or try to squeeze the most meat on the rim as we can. Being a tire that was initially marketed to the sports compact crowd/vip cars, this is just something that you have to plan around. Make sure to check the falken tire specs of ACTUAL tread width... before you buy the tires you think you want.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

I've been using Falken's since the late 80s, early 90s - great tire, great traction and love the price compared to similar tires. I've got them on my 2000 T/A and have zero complaints.

Quick Reply: Falken FK452 Anybody like them?