Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Boyd coddington smoothie 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Called some local tire companys and found one that hade dealt with this problem before. They knew someone who knew someone who sold these Gorilla-style valves so hopefully I can get it working during next week.

Thx for the help guys!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by jjordan
All of the Boyds wheels have the valve stems on the inside because everyone wanted the smooth, uncluttered outer lip. You can try to find the stems with the very short stem but they are very hard to find. Probably your easiest bet would be to get the flush mount stems with the small screw in extension for when you need to fill them up, trouble is, you can't just whip into the gas station to air up the tires. Give up on trying to get ahold of Boyd Jr, he is gone way underground and never returned anybodies calls. I am sure Chris is getting tired of fixing his screw-ups.
I have Boyd Coddington Timeless II's, the stem is on the outside of the wheel.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You can get the Gorilla flush mount valve stem set from summit racing; #VS406C for about $15..
Old 04-29-2012, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I worked for Boyds for several years after I left Weld and everything we built in the last couple of years had valve stems on the inside. Never said that before that some were built with stems on the outside, just nothing they have built in the last couple years. So if you are looking for new boyds, they will be on the inside, because the newer soft lip rim shells don't have a flat to put the stem.

Quick Reply: Boyd coddington smoothie 2