Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

$5,000+ Wheels? Help me understand.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My HRE 547's were my first set of 3 piece wheels I've ever owned. Ive had these wheels for about 4 years with none of the problems I've had with some of the other sets of chrome or polished wheels (pitting, chrome peeling, hazing, etc...). Ive worked at a rim shop and some of the cheaper cast brands are such poor quality that around 4 out of 10 arrive from the distributor with major blemishes and have to be returned. I've been thinking about going with a similar design 5 spoke(split or solid) with a deeper lip like the HRE 597R's. While it'd be much cheaper to buy a set of cast wheels with a nice lip like Stern, ADR or Ruff Racing, I would much rather stick with HRE, DPE, Iforged, Asanti etc.... I also like CCW's and Intro wheels. Even though 1 HRE cost as much as a whole set of some other brands of wheels, they are worth every penny. I'll stick with a multi-piece wheel because not only can they be repaired even after major damage for about a third of the cost of a new one, you don't have to worry about many of the problems that cast wheels have. [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]